RingPlus Files Suit Against Sprint

Comments

• I am freaking out since I got that email today.  Does this mean that ALL of my Ring Plus Accounts are going to be dead on Feb 11?  What will happen to the money I have on each account?  Will it be refunded or do I just lose all of it?  I have 4 accounts with at least $30 on each account!!!!

What is being done to find another carrier for Ring Plus?  Does this mean that Ring Plus is going belly up for now?

In any event I am very very upset.
  • Ring+ sues Sprint, may or may not win nice cash settlement.  If they do win look for them to rise from the ashes as Phoenix VoIPplus in 2019.
    Don't be looking to get your money back though
    Chuck
  • I think everybody is upset here, @underthebedmonster . Some people paid $120 for Member+ a month ago and they are SOL too. No winners here.
    hungryghostConic_Ellipse
  • NO way in hell they will win. Why did Sprint want to shut down Ring+?  Of course no pay no service.
  • So what is the best alternative carrier to go to now that works off the Sprint towers?  My Galaxy S3 phones are Spring locked phones?

Why would it take so long for Ring Plus to get back as Phoenix in 2019?  That's 2 years from now!!!!!
  • Yes. I am one of them who paid $120 last month. 
    Conic_Ellipse
  • 2019 is when VoIP will apparently be superior to cellular phone calls by Karl's projection :)  So maybe he starts out in 2018 to build up and charge more in 2019
  • KentEKentE Moderator 167
    edited February 4
    3NU:
    FreedomPop has smartly taken advantage of RingPlus's woes.  BYOD is now free
    This is a great offer-- but I'm not sure it was aimed to RingPlus in any way.  The offer has been available since roughly New Years, and I think they ran the same special last year around the same time.

@3NU ; Thanks for the pointer to the Facebook Group!  I hope to come see you & others there, if I can figure out how to do that facebook thing........

• If you just want to voice calls and some texting, EcoMobile is the way to go. It is a Sprint MVNO also and charges 5C per min on voice call. Minimum topup is only $5 per month.
    Extraterrestrial_Zoologist
  • RP is finished......they're going broke/bankrupt......whatever you want to call it......
  • 3NU3NU Novice 1
    @KentE  I stand corrected!  Thanks for pointing that out.
  • Yepe we're all upset my family has 4 lines with balances and 2 were Just upgrade to lifetime :( $120 each for just over a month!  I dont know if karl can do anything against sprint. I wish he could go back to old system with lower plans
  • PromozePromoze All Star 125
    generous-denim-glossy-fox-68536:
    If you just want to voice calls and some texting, EcoMobile is the way to go. It is a Sprint MVNO also and charges 5C per min on voice call. Minimum topup is only $5 per month.
    Tello pay as you go is only 3 cents per call, 1 cent per text, and you don't have to top up $5 every month - only once to start and then when you need to.  There must be some activity every 6 months.

Chelledogged-but-not-dogmaticExtraterrestrial_ZoologistEdiefurry-sunshine-wavy-lake-95961blue_skies
    I haven't seen anyone mention Twigby, but their 200/unlimited/150MB plan with unlimited 64 Kbps is $12/mo just like the nearly identical Tello plan (except 200 MB).   But Twigby, allows free roaming on Verizon for better coverage.
    Chelledogged-but-not-dogmaticExtraterrestrial_Zoologistoldbooks1sovashadowsubhobrotoCrimson_Tide
  • The e-mail stated "as you know Ringplus filed a law suit against Sprint", how would we know if we never got an e-mail notice. Now it all make sense how R+ canceled existing plans and started charging activation fees for new plans just to cash out as much as they can on their way out.  horrible for us. and since no one can reach anyone we all lose our payments and top ups and the company gets away with it.  Ring plus is still marketing plans.  I knew a gym that pulled that stunt,  they were signing up members up until the very last minutes before foreclosure knowing that they were going out of business!  Bad Bad business ethics.
    crystal_tDavid_SPaul_Sth
  • cubscubs Pro 8
    edited February 4
    None of us really know who the true aggrieved party is in this legal situation . I am waiting for events to unfold to form my opinion.
    I wouldn't worry about it and do what you need to do.
    Netcubenergetic-brown-houndstooth-owlConic_Ellipseoldbooks1Sam432akaLTD
  • They apparently.....DON'T CARE.......if they did, they would have comummicated SOMETHING...... in the last 3 months.......I'm surprised they even bothered to send out that e-mail yesterday.......it's over people......better look for a new phone carrrier......
    David_S
  • The email was sent because someone on here caught wind of the law suit and the cat was out of the bag. Or they meant to email us and were slow.
    Paul_Sth
  • cubscubs Pro 8
    edited February 4
    Promoze:
    I wouldn't worry about it and do what you need to do.

The reputations of Companies are extremely important............both Ringplus and Sprint.  I have seen them both assailed over the last 24 hours on this Forum. .
    I do worry about it.
  • generous-denim-glossy-fox-68536:
    If you just want to voice calls and some texting, EcoMobile is the way to go. It is a Sprint MVNO also and charges 5C per min on voice call. Minimum topup is only $5 per month.

I think Tello is better in this case..however their monthly plans are great.  I've been advocating these guys.  I haven't seen a cheaper unl talk/text 2GB then 2G unl.  30.00!!  I have a port into them for my wife.   They'll do a onestop port.  So if you phone is activated on RP+  set up the port in with you phone.  Once port happens then they send you a final activation where you buy the plan you selected.  They have the same priced plans on 3 carriers.  No ATT.

Anywho...I am still waiting for my process.  As with many of these ports... we prob won't see them happen until SOB Monday.

dogged-but-not-dogmatic
  • Phone5Phone5 Novice 0
    Page plus is good - but Tello is better.  Page plus is on Verizon network.  It's $10/120 days plan is only for older phones - iphone 4s or older.  It is .10/minute plus .50/month.  Tello is wonderful! Tello pay as you go starts at $5 plus taxes.   If you use a lot of data Tello data is expensive... but for those who want an emergency or low use phone it is phenominal!   You only have to use your phone every 6 months to keep it active.  Wonderful pay as you go - .03/minute, .01/text, .02/1 mb data.  Plus other plans.  And customer service - they answer calls and emails!  Tello is on Sprint.  Tello also allows newer phones with 4G - which the lower Page Plus plans do not allow.  Other option is Cricket on ATT.  5 phones 3GB apiece for $100, unlimited talk and text. Cricket also has 1GB unlimited talk and text, and has that unlimited 2G if you go over your allotment for a month of data.  We switched one phone allready to Tello and are very pleased with the service.
    blue_skies
  • Phone5Phone5 Novice 0
    Tello pay as you go is great - and you don't have to commit to a monthly plan.  And you also only pay for what you use.  $5 plus taxes it starts at.   The rate is 3 cents a minute, 2 cents a mb, and 1 cent per text.   As long as the phone is used once per 6 months it stays active.  Also there are Tello coupon codes on the web if you search for them.  With our low useage - $5 could last us months!
    blue_skies
  • bkoopmanbkoopman MVP 18
    edited February 4
    Phone5:
    If you use a lot of data Tello data is expensive..

Actually if you buy their monthly data plan-as low as 200mb for $4 at 4g, after that has been used up, you get unlimited 2g data.

• DomRDomR Novice 1
    By e-mail I was just informed Sprint has dropped Ringplus and my service is ending.  I just purchased the contract.  Does anybody have any info on this??