Important Info

KarlKarl RingPlus 169
edited December 2016 in Announcements

Please note that this notice does not apply to lines which are already on a Mad Plan. 

If you received an email Notice regarding your plan being discontinued, it was because you have at least one plan on your account which is not a Mad Plan.

[Edited by Jerry_GC]

---

Dear Members,

My apologies for not addressing you earlier. I know many of you expected me to comment sooner.

While my team and I have finished long negotiations with different parties, other negotiations are still ongoing. Those negotiations are protected under nondisclosure agreements and, therefore, cannot be shared with our Members. We apologize for this circumstance as it seems to go against our mission as an open and free-spirited telecom community. Please rest assured that my team and I always try to negotiate in the best interests of all our Members.

Lets start with the facts:

1)     RingPlus is switching technology. We must do so because of technological reasons of which we have been made aware.

2)     RingPlus is developing new technologies (including a Smart and VoIP Dialer applications) to replace the decommissioned technologies. The new technologies will be available soon. However, they are not yet ready.

3)     As a result of the technology switch, we are now sure that we will have to move everyone to a “Mad” plan because we cannot run both technologies at the same time (we had expected to be able to run both up until now).

4)     In addition, RingPlus has missed its projected Member growth over the past two quarters, leaving us with less than 120,000 Members. A minimum of 500,000 Members is necessary to gain the advertisement revenue predicted to reach the break-even level.

The actions we are required to take now:

1)   We are in the final stages of our negotiation with other MVNOs (sorry, names are confidential) which will introduce our in-call radio and ad platform to their subscribers. This combined volume of audience will bring us well over the 500,000 Member mark (closer to over a million Members), which will allow the advertisement system to generate enough money to sustain Free Plans on which you currently (or have) been activated. 

2)   We must change technology. The technological change will not only reduce the in-call latency that many Members experience, but will also offer a platform agnostic version of our in-call apps, radio station, and advertisement platform. The platform and carrier agnostic (CDMA-VoIP-SIM) versions of our in-call applications & RingBack Tone Radio Stations are a pre-requisite to bring other MVNOs and VoIP carriers on board as well as to overcome the unforeseen technological problem.

3)   We now offer the lowest-cost, self-sustainable paid cell plans in the industry which give all of our current Members a safe choice, and attracts new Members.

4)   Due to the fact that we have not been able to increase the audience to the required threshold of 500,000 Members or above, we had to agree to adjust the free plan allotment closer to our competitors. RingPlus is still leading in its allotments of free service.

5) With the launch of the application and its availability on other MVNO’s and carriers, we will not only return to, but supersede, the prior level of free plan allotments as the combined subscriber level is now large enough.

6) I understand your disappointment as every one hoped for better allotments and that plans will stay forever and only change for the better. Multiple unforeseeable market conditions outside of our control and other circumstances caused from third parties required us to reallocate funds, including funds from marketing efforts, multiple times, ending in the sad result that we did not achieve our goal. Based on our negotiations with all involved parties and future partners, we came to the conclusion that this outlined course will be the only solution for our Members which will allow the continued offering of free plans without any interruptions during the system switch.

7) In the meantime, RingPlus is asking all Members on affected plans to change to our alternate technology currently available. This technology is in operation, and routes all wireless phone services directly over the Sprint Nationwide Network. However, this technology does not offer RingPlus the possibility to provide the discounted plans with high allotments supported by playing interactive sponsored content to you (e.g., advertisements and music) which RingPlus was previously able to offer you.

8) Sadly, it was communicated to us today that it is not possible to further sustain the high allotment plans until the combined audience threshold of 500,000 is reached. Starting December 1, 2016, all Plans that are not Mad Plans will not renew at the end of their billing cycle. Members can change to any of the currently offered plans from our website. For Members whose plans were not renewed, we will offer the possibility of a 7-day Holding Plan. All Members whose plans are set to renew on or after December 1, 2016, will automatically be switched to the 7-day Holding Plan at the end of their billing cycle. The end result will be that all non-Mad Plans will be discontinued by January 1, 2017, which will give our IT department the possibility to switch to the new system, and to start the combined offering with our future partners as soon as possible. This quick action is required based on negotiations with 3rd parties. Once the new technology is launched, RingPlus will once again be able to offer discounted plans with high allotments supported by playing interactive sponsored content to you (e.g., advertisements and music).

Additional information: 

1)     The free temporary holding plan will have limited allotments of 200 minutes, 200 texts, 200 MMS, and 200 MB LTE (full speed). Please note that overages will not be possible on the free temporary holding plan (e.g., if you use all of your allotment of data, it will just stop) so that there will not be any surprise overages.

2)    For those Members with feature phones, we are in negotiations for a solution. Until a solution is found, they are welcome to use the CDMA portion of the voice minutes without the requirement of downloading an application or dialer. 

3)    Of course, when a plan is changed, the top up balance will remain intact. For details on each plan, please see the plan’s details on RingPlus Social.

4)     You will still have access to your current voicemail system while you are on the free temporary holding plan. Please note that the currently available plans (other than the free temporary holding plan) will have a new voicemail system.

5)     In call applications will not be available on our currently offered plans until our new technology (including a Smart and VoIP Dialer applications) will be offered. If you chose to switch to one of our lowest priced paid plans in the U.S. currently offered on our website, you will be able to download the dialers when they become available (to be able to get the new series of plans supported by the new technology to provide the discounted plans with high allotments supported by playing interactive sponsored content to you (e.g., advertisements and music)).

6)      Phone Swaps will be free starting Wensday until further notice

We apologize for the inconvenience, and thank you for your patience, understanding and support.

RingPlus will continue to offer new promotions throughout this technology transition, and we will update you about the development of our new technologies.

We look forward to the great future free and paid plan offerings (as well as the added functionalities) that will be possible with our new technologies, and we hope you do, too.

Best Regards,

Karl Seelig

RingPlus, CEO

ruby-susan-emperor-clothing-zeroHoanResultOneJandAcanexSeh-heeHardingrptao1fearandgreedExtraterrestrial_Zoologistand 20 others.

Best Answers

• ChelleChelle Moderator 121
    Answer ✓
    We've gotten an update, from Karl!

1) They're still busily working on moving us toward the new platform.
    2) He hopes to be able to address the community by Monday evening. 
    3) Please don't set your watches to that and start tapping your feet on Monday evening.  That's his estimate.  It could change-- but he's hoping to have enough things ironed out to be able to give us an update at that time.
    4) RingPlus will continue to offer free plans.
    5) RingPlus is hoping to offer more plans that draw from top-up balances.  For reasons he didn't share, there are some plans that can't draw from top-up.  I don't know if it's a limitation on R+'s end or Sprint's end and I'm not going to speculate.  Karl's goal, however, is to provide more offerings that can be billed that way.

His message to us sounded very forward-looking.  The doomsdayers will have to wait for another day.

We'll share more as we get it!
    Promozeolegos99yfn34fearandgreedExtraterrestrial_Zoologistenergetic-brown-houndstooth-owloldbooks1sentinalQingcaoLDoronand 20 others.
  • PromozePromoze All Star 125
    edited November 2016 Answer ✓
    sleek-magenta-wavy-nerf-gun-465131:
    I still have 25 days on one phones before it goes into holding.  I can wait.  The gamble is the free mad plans may not be available at that time, or a better plan might come up. 
    You can eliminate that gamble during those 25 days by selecting an upgrade and make sure you choose next billing cycle if you're given the option of immediate.  If you're not given the option, it will still show that it will change at the next billing cycle.  After doing that, your upgrade will be pending for 25 days while your current plan remains, and you can cancel the upgrade using your dashboard "manage plan" before your billing cycle ends if you so desire.  I had the choice of immediate vs. next billing cycle on only one of my upgrades, so I chose next billing cycle, but I only had 4 days left on it, but it buys me a little bit of time in case I want to back out.
    Diedrich_DuoMCHayashiTech-MasterKentE
    We just got another update from Karl.

Beginning tomorrow, a slate of 10 new Mad plans will be offered.  
    Two of them are free and eight of them have monthly fees.  

There will be no "Truly Free" plans, going forward.

1) All of the plans compare very favorably with the competition.  RingPlus will still be the best deal around.
    2) There will be special perks and pricing for Member+.
    3) If you are currently on a free plan then you will be able to switch, for free, for the next week.  If you're not on a free plan then there will be a $5 one time fee.
    4) Four of the plans will bill to credit card and the other 6 will come from top up.
    5) Two of the paid plans will allow data-only devices.
    6) Four of the paid plans will have unlimited reduced speed data, after the high speed data has been used.
    7) High speed data add-ons will be available.
    8) The highest priced plan is $39.99/month and includes 10GB of high speed data and unlimited throttled data.
    9) Six of the plans have unlimited talk/SMS/MMS.
    10) All but one has a top up amount and minimum top up threshold of $5 or less.
    11) All have tethering available for anywhere from free to $3.99/month.

That's probably about as much as I can share without just jumping the gun and posting the plans.

Tech-MasterPromozeMCHayashi
    [EDIT:  The OFFICIAL ANNOUNCEMENT for the plans below is now here:  https://social.ringplus.net/discussion/9245/thanksgiving-plans#latest
    The official version should be considered the definitive version, if there are any differences between the two.]

Karl says that the mods can share the plan details.

I hope the formatting survives when I press "post."

THIS IS NOT THE OFFICIAL ANNOUNCEMENT.  (That will come, tomorrow.)

Consider it to be a preview.

New Pricing for tomorrow - Next Sunday

All current free plans can switch for free without activation fees

All Plans are mad plans, but draw from top up balance (except where CC is written).

TalkVOIPTextMMSMBovragespricetop upTop up minTethering/moActivation fee
    Pops100100100100100 $0.10Free $5.00 $2.00free$ 5 or free with with any  add on 
    Plum2003005005001000 $0.10Free $20.00 $5.00free$ 5 or free with with any  add on 
    Fairy3000300300500 $0.05 $2.99 $5.00 $2.00free$ 5 or free with with any  add on 
    Mickey5000500500500 $0.05 $4.99 $5.00 $2.00free$ 5 or free with with any  add on 
    Jollyunlimunlimunlimunlim1 GB $0.05 $9.99 $5.00 $2.00 $3.99$ 5 or free with with any  add on 
    Hamunlimunlimunlimunlim1 GB +unlimsafety $15.99 CC  CC  $3.99$ 5 or free with with any  add on 
    Festiveunlimunlimunlimunlim2 GB $0.05 $17.99 $5.00 $2.00 $3.99$ 5 or free with with any  add on 
    Dickensunlimunlimunlimunlim2 GB + Unlimsafety $24.99 CC  CC  $3.99$ 5 or free with with any  add on 
    Merry unlimunlimunlimunlim 5 GB +unlim safety $29.99 CC  CC  $3.99$ 5 or free with with any  add on 
    Specialunlimunlimunlimunlim 10 GB +unlim safety $39.99 CC  CC  $3.99$ 5 or free with with any  add on 

Additional 1GB

1 GB -LTE Full Speed

$14.99

3 month 

Additional  2GB2 GB - Lte Full Speed $24.99  3 month   
    Additional 4GB4 GB - Lte Full Speed $39.99 3 month   
    Additional 8GB8 GB - Lte Full Speed $74.99  3 month   

Member + Add ons
    Free   1,25GB1.25 GB - Lte Full Speed $-     6 month 
    Additional 1GB1 GB - Lte Full Speed $11.99   6 month
    Additional  2GB2 GB - Lte Fulls Speed $19.99  6 month  
    Additional 4GB4 GB - Lte Fulls Speed $34.99  6 month 
    Additional 8GB8 GB - Lte Full Speed $69.99   6 month 

jmaciesubhobrotoEdieQingcaoPromozeyfn34MCHayashi
  • hhfpphonehhfpphone Ethical Committee 222
    Remember everyone, this is a temp period to switch technology.  With 500K users of this tech bringing in more ad/sponsor $$$, we all stand to get even more free data!

"5) With the launch of the application and its availability on other MVNO’s and carriers, we will not only return to, but supersede, the prior level of free plan allotments as the combined subscriber level is now large enough"

UPDATE:  November 29  (KentE)
    A new set of Standard Plans has just been posted here:
    https://social.ringplus.net/discussion/9606/new-standard-plans#latestk
    The plans are scheduled to go active November 29, 11PM (I presume Pacific time), and will last until further notice.
    I've had a quick look only, but it appears:
    For current members, activation fees are waived and very small minimum existing top-up requirements (to avoid an additional top-up)
    Current members get a 'bump' in each plan as compared to new activations, and some plans also have free- or reduced-cost add-ons available to current members.

(UPDATE 2)  November 29
    It appears that the Thanksgiving Promo plans have opened back up until 11PM.  Please compare carefully, as the roughly similar options between the Thanksgiving plans, and the Standard Plans linked above are targeted slightly differently.  Although "close", one may suit your needs better than the other. 
    https://social.ringplus.net/discussion/9245/thanksgiving-plans/p1

"5) With the launch of the application and its availability on other MVNO’s and carriers, we will not only return to, but supersede, the prior level of free plan allotments as the combined subscriber level is now large enough."

ResultOneyattermangenerous-azure-argyle-window-110465

Q & A and Update

• 2) No activation fees for current members.

• 3) The allotments will go up, again, and even surpass the previous allotments, after the dialer is rolled out to other MVNOs because it will get us to the tipping point where enough advertising revenue can be generated.

A note from me:

If people trash RingPlus all over the internet it will make it a lot harder to get to the magic 500,000 number and will take longer for us to get back to higher allotments.

Additional info about the new Thanksgiving Plans noted here: https://social.ringplus.net/discussion/9245/thanksgiving-plans/p1

When you sign up for any of these plans, please be sure to look at, and consider, the VoiceMail option.
    We've received the following information from RP staff about the voicemail feature:

These plans do not include Voicemail as a standard feature.
    If you want voicemail, the option is $1.50/month
    The voicemail option is standard Sprint voicemail, and does not include transcriptions.
    My understanding at this point is that the "English" or "Spanish" options refers only to a default voicemail greeting..

If you do not choose the voicemail option, caller will hear standard ringing, with no answer,  OR the caller will hear a message that the owner did not set up a voicemail account
    At this time, it is not appear that the caller will be able to leave a non-retrievable voicemail, but this is pending confirmation from Sprint.

If you do not elect the voicemail option, it may be possible to use an external app (provided by the member, such as Google Voice) to enable a voicemail feature.

________________________☟ ☟ ☟ ☟ Q & A ☟ ☟ ☟ ☟______________________________

Q - Promoze: 

• If anything, Mad Fiesta seems to be the mostly like one to be added, because it was added to the first wave of discontinued plans, although it wasn't immediate.  Oak only showed until the promo expired.
    A - titetanium:
    • MAD Fiesta isn't likely to function unless you've already switched. Please do not encourage others to drop down to the holding plan to access MAD Fiesta, it will not work anymore.

Q - akula1488: 
    • so are these statements True?
    •      - Club Sandwiched Plan => wait for announcement tomorrow ...
    •      - Mad Surfing Plan => still up in the air but it is likely to be discontinued
    A - Chelle:
    • Mostly true.  
    •      - Club Sandwich, wait until tomorrow.  ....
    •      - Surfing, up in the air but I wouldn't say "likely" discontinued, yet.  A resolution is not close enough at hand to make that call, yet.

Q - free-range-violet-matte-tv-98243: 
    • My plans just renewed, next bill date shows December 17th. That doesn't matter right, I still have to downgrade before December 1st, or I'll be placed in a hold plan and lose my top offs?
    A - Karl:
    • No , you will not lose your top up. You just will have to chose one of the available plans prior to December 17th. Your top up will be available on the plan you chose.  

Q - canex: 
    • Does it mean current Mad plans, such as Mad Surfing BBQ Brisket,  will be continued to be renewed in 2017?
    A1 - Hoan:
    • I have asked RingPlus and it seems like Mad surfing plans are still under negotiation. They will inform us soon about the result. 
    A2 - Chelle:
    • All Mad plans that have ever been offered that don't have "Surfing" in the name will be UNaffected.
    • Surfing plans are still being negotiated.

Q-  What will happen with members who had BBQ Brisket, but have switched to Relaxed?  Will they have the opportunity to switch back to Brisket?
    A-   KentE
          That question will not be addressed until after we know whether Mad Surfing BBQ Brisket will be discontinued. 
          The information will be updated here when available.

Q: How about Club Sandwich?
    A - Karl:
    • If you are on a club sandwich plan  please wait for tomorrows announcement. ... 

Q - The_uncomfortable_truth: 
    • We need the ability to move our Top Ups from decommissioned plans to currently held Mad Plans.
    A - Chelle:
    • I asked Karl about this and it would be a purely manual process, on Ringplus, to move top ups between lines, which would be prohibitive with the number of people affected.  Top ups will have to remain with the lines they're on.

Q - xiolablue: 
    • I just purchased the Free Witch Hazel plan a month ago ... Is this plan affected too?
    A - Chelle:
    • If it doesn't have "Mad" in the name then it's being discontinued.  You can move to a current plan, for without paying an activation charge, and wait for the bigger allotments to return after the new dialer rolls out on other MVNOs.

Q - joseph1: 
    • But is there also no additional Top Up required to successfully complete the mandatory plan change?
    A - hhfpphone:
    • Depends on the plan, gotta read the terms.

Q - ScottC: 
    • so this means the cubs promo plan that i just got starting today will be gone in less than a month?
    A - 1birdman1
    • Only Mad plans will remain active.

Q - joe1:
    • I would like to ask R+ to offer one set of Mad plans for everyone affected and leave those plans and pricing alone from now until the end of the year with no flash promos of other plans. I would imagine this is going to affect 75% of the R+ members and in all fairness to the members it's bad enough to have to lose a great plan but to also have to guess if another (better) plan is going to be offered in a day or week is only adding insult to injury. This would allow all the affected members to make a plan change after carefully considering the available plans (without having to guess what might come in a day or week as a flash promo).
    A - Karl:
    • If a new and better promo would come along current members will be able to switch right away.  
    Follow up Q - Diedrich_Duo: 
    • But will there be any upgrade fee involved, especially if we want to switch back from a paid plan to a free plan?
    Follow up A - Karl:
    • No Upgrade or activation fee.  

Q - splendid-yellow-tartan-owl: 
    • I am fine with the Mad plans, however, I am a little lost about the VOIP dialer.  If I do not want to use VOIP or a 3rd party dialer, do I have to?  Will we still have the regular cellular minutes going forward?  I am happy with 100 or 200 regular native dialer cell minutes.  Is R+ moving entirely to a VOIP?
    A1 - Chelle:
    • Absolutely not.
    A2- titetanium:
    • Going by some recent promos, if you have a MAD plan that requires a dialer, and you keep the dialer, your allotments will stay the same or increase, depending on the plan that says this. If you decide not to keep the dialer or refuse to use it on a required plan, your allotments will decrease to a base amount which can be significantly lower, and yes you will still have regular cellular minutes going forward. And no, RingPlus is not moving entirely to a VOIP, as paid MAD plans aren't even using VOIP, they are directly through Sprint.

Q - RPUSER-2016: 
    • If this ends up in a year with decent limits but also includes access to the tmobile network
    A - Chelle:
    • The partnerships with other MVNOs are not for cellular service.  They're advertising partnerships.  The new dialer is carrier-agnostic, which means that we'll be able to be part of a larger advertising group.  RingPlus will remain a Sprint-only MVNO.

Q - eaglehr: 
    • So, we can never use a flip phone with R+, right? We couldn't install a Dialer app on a flip phone.
    A1 - titetanuim:
    • Paid MAD plans don't require a dialer. Flip phones will work on those plans. 
    A2 - Karl:
    • No, until we find a solution for non smart phone user (flip phone / feature phone ), you  can use the non VoIP portion of the free plans.

Q - splendid-yellow-tartan-owl: 
    • Just to be clear -  are smartphone users of the free Mad plans going to REQUIRE the use of a dialer app at some point in the future?  Yes. 
    • Are the 200 or 100 cell minutes available now going to be taken away? No. 
    • For example, I want to use the native dialer for my iPhone, will I be forced to use this dialer at some point? Not forced to use it, but your allotments will drop down to a base amount, which can be significantly lower. 
    • That is a deal breaker for me. Understood.
    A - titetanium (in bold)

Q - free-range-violet-matte-tv-98243: 
    • Is it only Club Sandwich or all Sandwich plans we should wait on? I have two lines that are on Hot Pastrami Sandwich. 
    A - KentE
    • It is my understanding that only Club Sandwich is a possibility to not be discointinued, with more information coming soon.
    • I think you should plan on Hot Pastrami going away, along with all the other non-Club "sandwich" plans.
    • [UPDATE:KentE]:   It appears that Club Sandwich will be discontinued.  There are, however, a couple of special Black Friday Promo plans that are limited to Club Sandwich and Member+ members.  Please take a look at them here:https://social.ringplus.net/discussion/9382/black-friday-promo/p1 

Q - joseph1: 
    • Paid plans on the RBT system. Do they have to change plans after December to a Mad paid plan?
    A - Karl:
    • Yes, all plans have to change. You will find the new paid plans more attractive than the old ones. 

Q - KaneKK: 
    • Now, with all these changes, can we swap numbers (or plans between numbers), I have a mad plan on a spare device and I want to move that plan to another number, is it possible (or can be made possible)?
    A - titetanium:
    • You will need to to file a support ticket for that specific request.
    Q : 
    • Will Mad promo 5 be discontinued?
    A - Karl:
    • MAD promo 5 should be not discontinued.  

__________________Update from RingPlus: @Karl

Members,

Today at 4pm we will announce new m+ plans with increased allotments. Members on the club sandwich plan will get an email with additional information, a new mad free plan will be made available for club sandwich members. If some one got a message. I asked support to post additional information about the renewal process after December 1 2016. 

Starting December 1, 2016, all Plans that are not Mad Plans will not renew at the end of their billing cycle. 

Members can change to any of the currently offered plans from our website.

For Members whose plans were not renewed, we will offer the possibility of a 7-day Holding Plan.

A 7-Day holding plan will be offered. If a plan isn’t chosen after the 7thday your line will be suspended.

All Members whose plans are set to renew on or after December 1, 2016, will automatically be switched to the 7-day Holding Plan at the end of their billing cycle. 

Of course, when a plan is changed, the top up balance will remain intact. For details on each plan, please see the plan's details on RingPlus Social.

Renew Date

Last Day of Holding Plan

Suspension Date

11/22/2016

-

12/22/2016

11/23/2016

-

12/23/2016

11/24/2016

-

12/24/2016

11/25/2016

-

12/25/2016

11/26/2016

-

12/26/2016

11/27/2016

-

12/27/2016

11/28/2016

-

12/28/2016

11/29/2016

-

12/29/2016

11/30/2016

-

12/30/2016

12/1/2016

12/7/2016

12/8/2016

12/2/2016

12/8/2016

12/9/2016

12/3/2016

12/9/2016

12/10/2016

12/4/2016

12/10/2016

12/11/2016

12/5/2016

12/11/2016

12/12/2016

12/6/2016

12/12/2016

12/13/2016

12/7/2016

12/13/2016

12/14/2016

12/8/2016

12/14/2016

12/15/2016

12/9/2016

12/15/2016

12/16/2016

12/10/2016

12/16/2016

12/17/2016

12/11/2016

12/17/2016

12/18/2016

12/12/2016

12/18/2016

12/19/2016

12/13/2016

12/19/2016

12/20/2016

12/14/2016

12/20/2016

12/21/2016

12/15/2016

12/21/2016

12/22/2016

12/16/2016

12/22/2016

12/23/2016

12/17/2016

12/23/2016

12/24/2016

12/18/2016

12/24/2016

12/25/2016

12/19/2016

12/25/2016

12/26/2016

12/20/2016

12/26/2016

12/27/2016

12/21/2016

12/27/2016

12/28/2016

The plans are scheduled to go active November 29, 11PM (I presume Pacific time), and will last until further notice.
    I've had a quick look only, but it appears:
    For current members, activation fees are waived and very small minimum existing top-up requirements (to avoid an additional top-up)
    Current members get a 'bump' in each plan as compared to new activations, and some plans also have free- or reduced-cost add-ons available to current members.

akaLTDHoanClassical_MusicResultOneJandASeh-heeHardingfearandgreedEnteSoteria1and 7 others.

Answers

• yfn34yfn34 Pro 9
    edited November 2016
    NEW ANNOUNCEMENT ALL NON MAD PLANS DISCONTINUED BY JANUARY 1 2017 HERE

I received this email from RingPlus,

Dear Members,

RingPlus has to switch to a new system. Sadly, because of this switch, we will have to discontinue your current plan. Therefore, your current plan can’t be renewed (full list of plans below).

At the end of your billing cycle, we will switch you to a temporary holding plan so that your service is not interrupted. The temporary holding plan will have limited allotments of 200 minutes, 200 texts, 200 MMS, and 200 MB LTE (full speed). 

The temporary hold plan is only active for 30 days. During those 30 days, please choose any of the currently available free or paid plans offered on our website. In the event that you do not choose a new plan within the 30-day period, your account will be suspended (which means you will lose service, but your phone number will be preserved for 30 more days).

In call applications will not be available on our currently offered plans until our new system including a Smart and VoIP Dialer applications will be offered. If you chose to switch to one of our lowest priced paid plans in the U.S. currently offered on our website, you will be able to download a Smart Dialer when the dialer becomes available (if and only if you want to).

Best regards,
    RingPlus

List of Discontinued Plans:

Commitment
    Commitment (Member+)
    Free Plan
    Future - Phase 11
    Future - Phase 3
    Future - Phase 5
    Future - Phase 6
    Future - Phase 9
    Leonardo 2
    Leonardo 3
    Michelangelo
    Midsummer Night's Dream
    Seashore (Memorial Day)(Non-Member+ Upgrade)
    Truly Free
    Truly Free 2
    Truly Free 3

EDIT: LOOK RIGHT UNDER THIS POST FOR UPDATES

KentE: 
    yfn34: 
    Whoever is on the temporary hold plan can you let us know if there's overages or a safety cap?
    It should be a safety cap:  mods asked about that, and it was confirmed.  

UPGRADES AVAILABLE FOR FREE:

1. Free Mad Avatar  If your top up balance is $5.01 or more. Details HERE (Starts November 29, 2016 11PM PST)

2. Mad Pops If your top up balance is $2.01 or more. Details HERE 
    (Ends November 29, 2016 11PM PST)

3. Mad Plum  If your top up balance is $5.01 or more. Details HERE (Ends November 29, 2016 11PM PST)

[Mod Edit:  KentE:  I've asked Support to look at the Future plans that seem to be missing Mad Fiesta Free as an option.  The most current reports from members who have switched over to the Holding Plan seem to indicate that Mad Fiesta is available as an option from there, along with Mad Oak.]
  • yfn34yfn34 Pro 9
    edited November 2016
    NEW ANNOUNCEMENT ALL NON MAD PLANS DISCONTINUED BY JANUARY 1 2017 HERE

I received this email from RingPlus,

Dear Members,

RingPlus has to switch to a new system. Sadly, because of this switch, we will have to discontinue your current plan. Therefore, your current plan can’t be renewed (full list of plans below).

At the end of your billing cycle, we will switch you to a temporary holding plan so that your service is not interrupted. The temporary holding plan will have limited allotments of 200 minutes, 200 texts, 200 MMS, and 200 MB LTE (full speed). 

The temporary hold plan is only active for 30 days. During those 30 days, please choose any of the currently available free or paid plans offered on our website. In the event that you do not choose a new plan within the 30-day period, your account will be suspended (which means you will lose service, but your phone number will be preserved for 30 more days).

In call applications will not be available on our currently offered plans until our new system including a Smart and VoIP Dialer applications will be offered. If you chose to switch to one of our lowest priced paid plans in the U.S. currently offered on our website, you will be able to download a Smart Dialer when the dialer becomes available (if and only if you want to).

Best regards,
    RingPlus

List of Discontinued Plans:

Commitment
    Commitment (Member+)
    Free Plan
    Future - Phase 11
    Future - Phase 3
    Future - Phase 5
    Future - Phase 6
    Future - Phase 9
    Leonardo 2
    Leonardo 3
    Michelangelo
    Midsummer Night's Dream
    Seashore (Memorial Day)(Non-Member+ Upgrade)
    Truly Free
    Truly Free 2
    Truly Free 3

EDIT: LOOK RIGHT UNDER THIS POST FOR UPDATES

KentE: 
    yfn34: 
    Whoever is on the temporary hold plan can you let us know if there's overages or a safety cap?
    It should be a safety cap:  mods asked about that, and it was confirmed.  

UPGRADES AVAILABLE FOR FREE:

1. Free Mad Avatar  If your top up balance is $5.01 or more. Details HERE (Starts November 29, 2016 11PM PST)

2. Mad Pops If your top up balance is $2.01 or more. Details HERE 
    (Ends November 29, 2016 11PM PST)

3. Mad Plum  If your top up balance is $5.01 or more. Details HERE (Ends November 29, 2016 11PM PST)

[Mod Edit:  KentE:  I've asked Support to look at the Future plans that seem to be missing Mad Fiesta Free as an option.  The most current reports from members who have switched over to the Holding Plan seem to indicate that Mad Fiesta is available as an option from there, along with Mad Oak.]
  • Just got an email saying that my plan will be discontinued.  It is a legacy plan.  List above

So much for the we are not going to end these.  It took all of 2 weeks or maybe 3 to end them! 

grandpas-turquoise-paisley-suit-50954
  • Looks like you beat me to it by a couple of seconds.  Mods thanks for merging
  • What a scam! We were assured just a couple of weeks ago that the old plans weren't going anywhere
    yfn34grandpas-turquoise-paisley-suit-50954canexJeff142
  • Truly Committed is not on the list. Is that a mistake?
  • why wait for another plan with less minutes, and have to pay (another) activation or top up fee when freedompop offers that much any day of the week....
  • Yup... just got this too..... WTF!!!  What happens to all my Top-Ups then??  Need more details on what this means. I also have a Truly Committed. Is this excluded??
  • Very disappointed with RingPlus with this. This is the 2nd major time RingPlus has offered something then backtracked. Unbelievable. 
    sweet-black-tartan-elkgrandpas-turquoise-paisley-suit-50954
  • oh my..one of my plans has 2 hours to renew !

yikes

what to do?

• Time to bail and watch the sinking ship... Cannot believe this is how they treat their customers. At least give us a month to switch.  I only have 5 days left to find a new provider. Since they relied on social media to promote RP, time to let social media spread the bad news and see all the potential and current customers bail.
    grandpas-turquoise-paisley-suit-50954Jeff142Mark0
  • klingon:
    time to let social media spread the bad news and see all the potential and current customers bail.

it doent matter. R+ got our and others money.

grandpas-turquoise-paisley-suit-50954Jeff142
  • yfn34yfn34 Pro 9
    edited November 2016
    bps:
    oh my..one of my plans has 2 hours to renew !

yikes

what to do?

It looks like there's a free upgrade to mad oak if you have more than $5 in the top up otherwise you'll have to pay the $15 auto top up, But you never know it might be better to wait......
    hhfpphoneSoteria1grandpas-turquoise-paisley-suit-50954
  • Just mad oak available for a free plan
    yfn34
  • So if the email says "your"  plan will be canceled,  but my plan (club sandwich) is not in the listed discontinued plans,  what does that mean? 
    crystal_t
  • AwwAAwwA Novice 0
    I am saddened by this. Now my phone plan just went out the door.
  • Commitment plan.
    What a joke!
    nickjuly4ultrasoul240grandpas-turquoise-paisley-suit-50954canex
  • This is terrible.  I paid for an upgrade to Commitment just a few months ago when the plan came out, and it's already being cancelled?  Also, it looks like Ice Cream is not on the list.  Will RP allow us to at least be downgraded to what we had before Commitment?  If paying to upgrade to Commitment is going to force me to drop to something lower than what I had prior to Commitment, I will be very unhappy.
    grandpas-turquoise-paisley-suit-50954crystal_t
  • This is unreal. Total bait and switch. RingPlus needs to fix this or it may be time to contact my Credit Card company. I paid a LOT of money to transfer to the Commitment plan just a few months ago. Now that's toast, along with the promises, and you want me to pay you another top-up fee too? Forget that trash.  #RingplusBaitandSwitch
  • I hope they offer some plans similar to these within a few days.....
  • I paid $9 to upgrade to commitment plan few months back. If R+ does not offer any new plan comparable I will just dispute with my credit card and get every penny back. All of us should do this so R+ does not keep one penny from us. Just a call to your credit card issuer and we win for sure. What is better is R+ will be charged at least $25 for each dispute no matter what the outcome is.
    sweet-black-tartan-elkLeiWultrasoul240grandpas-turquoise-paisley-suit-50954Jeff142
    bps:
    oh my..one of my plans has 2 hours to renew !

yikes

what to do?
    See if it rolls over.  My Mid Summer Night plan just renewed a couple of hours ago.
    grandpas-turquoise-paisley-suit-50954gtmaster303
  • I have $45 top up left and I paid $10 for one-year tethering. I hope ringplus can tell me what they are going to do with them.
    grandpas-turquoise-paisley-suit-50954crystal_tgrandpas-pearl-fractal-bicycle
    Hiroo:
    So if the email says "your"  plan will be canceled,  but my plan (club sandwich) is not in the listed discontinued plans,  what does that mean? 
    You are fine.  Perhaps those plans ran out of money.  Remember, these plans are sponsored, not a government entitlement.
    superior-black-spotted-river-101565
  • I also have Commitment.  My plan renews in 16 hours.  This is my primary phone… i'm screwed.