The Commitment Plan is back Sunday from 4pm-9pm Pacific Free Expired

KarlKarl RingPlus 165
edited August 2016 in Archived Is this deal Expired ?

Member+ Plus Upgrade Times:

Monday, August 15, 2016 at 8PM Pacific until sold out. 

Regular Upgrades Times: 

Monday, August 15, 2016 starting at 8PM Pacific until sold out. 

Social Requirement for All Upgrades:

Help any telecom subscriber somewhere on Twitter or Facebook with his/her problem. You can recommend RingPlus.net or another solution which will also truly will help her/him. Don't forget to mention @ringplusmobile. You will have to fulfill this social requirement before Monday at 8:00pm Pacific. Please save a link as you will be asked for a link to it during sign up.  

Where to Upgrade:
Upgrade will be accessible via your dashboard (login to your account at https://ringplus.net)

[Edited by Jerry GC]

---

Opening Sunday August 14, 2016 @ 4pm-9pm Pacific Time  

https://goo.gl/PPe8Go

Back by popular demand  

Open to all for New Activations at https://ringplus.net; Upgrades and Member+ opening will be announced after close of the promotion and is based upon new subscriptions.  

The Commitment Plan

Free/month: 3,500 Talk 3,500 Text and 3,500 MB of Full-Speed LTE Data. First time auto Top Up $35 is required to cover overages.

(MMS Allotments are 1,300)

If, and only if, the Top-Up balance reaches $0, another $30.00 auto Top Up will be automatically charged to your credit card on file (plus applicable telecom fees and taxes). 

Overages are 5¢ per unit of Talk, Text and MMS. Data overages are billed in 1GB increments at $15 per GB.

Tethering available for 40¢ a day ($12 a month), renews daily, and can be canceled and re-activated as you need it. **Attention: for each activation of tethering a flat activation fee of $1 is charged. ---  

Free Porting Bring your phone number to RingPlus from another carrier for Free during this Promo! A $6.99 Value! You can check if your phone is eligible in the RingPlus Check Tool at

https://my.RingPlus.net/device_validation_requests/new

For information on how to port-in to RingPlus, please see One Step Switch and Save. Eligible phones include compatible phones on the Sprint Nationwide Network, and other eligible phones from AT&T, Verizon, and T-Mobile (and their MVNOs) as indicated below:

---  Social Requirement ---

Help any telecom subscriber somewhere on Twitter or Facebook with his/her problem. You can recommend RingPlus.net or another solution which will also truly will help her/him. Don't forget to mention @ringplusmobile. You will have to fulfill this social requirement before Sunday 2:00pm Pacific. Please save a link as you will be asked for a link to it during sign up.   

--- Additional Notices and Terms: Activation Notice Due to the high demand of RingPlus Free Cell Plans and ultra-low cost cell service, we have to implement some limitations with our wireless partners to handle the capacity. Any time during the promo, you may see a message during the sign up process; “We are sorry, but the maximum capacity has been reached please try again within an hour.” This means RingPlus had to temporarily close for new subscriptions, and will re-open soon due to the volume we absorbed within that hour. Limited Availability

*All offers available while supplies last. Store Purchases Please note that, except as otherwise stated in this promo, buying items in the RingPlus Store will NOT make the purchaser eligible for the offerings in this promotion.

Legal All other RingPlus legal terms also apply, and can be found at https://RingPlus.net/legal/members. Please read them. If there is any difference or conflict between the terms of this offer and any other RingPlus legal terms, the terms of this offer will control (i.e., the terms of this offer will override the other legal terms).

Link

VisibleQingcao 5

Comments

• Double commitment plan :) 
    SoGopenhillNocturnewker101Anton_GEnte
  • XagXag Novice 0
    Hey, new member here. This plan will not be directly routed, is that correct?
    zanthrax54
  • Xag:
    This plan will not be directly routed, is that correct?

No, this plan is routed through R+ server and will have voice ads.
    XagConic_Ellipse1_to_remember
  • @Karl Will MMS allotment be determined based on the new subscriptions?
    Zeru
  • Conic_EllipseConic_Ellipse MVP 23
    edited August 2016
    Xag:
    Hey, new member here. This plan will not be directly routed, is that correct?

That is correct. I am currently on this plan. 3,500 mins/ 3,500 sms/ 3,500 MB (listed as 3.42 GB on the page) and 1300 MMS (MMS is subject to change.) So far, I love this free plan. My only qualm so far is when I was testing, I called my other phone (also on a R+ free plan). The ad played for several seconds and then a message came on saying that there was no answer. My other phone never even started to ring. I immediately called again. After about 3 or 4 seconds of the RingPlus radio playing, my other phone started ringing. If I didn't answer it within 3 rings, it was a missed call. 

I'm wondering if going to one of the mad plans (routing directly over Sprint) will resolve this. Not a biggie for me, but could be for someone else. If I start to need my phone more seriously, I'll probably switch to a mad.

I really love the ability to turn tethering on and off. I mostly have this plan so that when my internet goes down (happens infrequently, but when it does, it really hurts), I can turn on tethering and use internet on my computer or wireless tablet through my phone. To turn it on costs a buck. Each day it is left on after that is an additional 40 cents per day. Could just leave it on for $12 a month, but don't need it -- so why pay for something I'm not using. See? It's good to be able to turn it on and off at-will.
    Xagdogged-but-not-dogmaticspectacular-crimson-satin-flag
  • XagXag Novice 0
    Conic_Ellipse:
    So far, I love this free plan. My only qualm so far is when I was testing, I called my other phone (also on a R+ free plan). The ad played for several seconds and then a message came on saying that there was no answer. My other phone never even started to ring. I immediately called again. After about 3 or 4 seconds of the RingPlus radio playing, my other phone started to ring. If I didn't answer it within 3 rings, it was a missed call. 

Thanks for the quick response! My only reservation with the free plans is the reported lag time in voice calling. Do you find that you (or the person on the other end of the line) notice a lag during calls? If so, does it get in the way of the conversation much?
    Conic_Ellipse
    edited August 2016
    Xag:
    Thanks for the quick response! My only reservation with the free plans is the reported lag time in voice calling. Do you find that you (or the person on the other end of the line) notice a lag during calls? If so, does it get in the way of the conversation much?

It's funny you should ask as my wife and I specifically tested this yesterday.

My wife is on a MVNO through Verizon. I'd say the lag talking to her from my R+ phone is about 1 to 1.5 seconds. We talked and tested. It is mildly noticeable. We did find that we started talking over each other a little bit. As we learned to anticipate, we left an extra little pause before we started talking and the problem was solved. Will this be an annoyance to some? Perhaps.

I also tested by calling from one R+ phone (free plan) to our other R+ phone (free plan). I put each phone up to an ear and spoke. There was about a 1 to 2 second delay before I heard anything. When I did hear something, it pretty came out of both phones (the one I talked into) and the one I listened from, at the same time. There was maybe a 1/4 second delay with the one I spoke into being in the lead.

At a later time, I can see myself switching to a mad plan. I don't know if my wife is willing to tolerate the delay. She is going to be traveling in a couple of weeks. She is going to bring her primary phone (the MVNO on Verizon -- which she has been traveling with and has been using for years) AND the R+ (free plan) phone with her. We are going to test as she travels so she can see how good the coverage is in real life, test wifi availability and hear quality differences. I would say these tests will carry the greatest weight when we decide on if we are going to proceed with this 'social experiment'. :)
    Cowboy_Woodydogged-but-not-dogmatic
    edited August 2016

To qualify for the plan, remember to help any telecom subscriber somewhere on Twitter or Facebook with his/her problem. You can recommend RingPlus.net or another solution which will also truly will help her/him. Don't forget to mention @ringplusmobile. You will have to fulfill this social requirement before Sunday 2:00pm Pacific. Please save a link as you will be asked for a link to it during sign up. (Have this link ready to copy and paste if you're going to sign up for this plan! Recently, I missed a plan I really wanted because I wasn't ready with this.)
    Xag
  • MRCMRC Novice 0
    I am not sure if I will be eligible to get into this plan as started with Chamberlain to Curie Upgrade. Does anyone has any knowledge from the past if they are any limitations on how many plans can you change in 2 months.   
  • MRC:
    I am not sure if I will be eligible to get into this plan as started with Chamberlain to Curie Upgrade. Does anyone has any knowledge from the past if they are any limitations on how many plans can you change in 2 months.   

No limitation. I upgraded from Hip Hop to Commitment on July 20 and then 2 days later to Truly Committed. 
    Conic_Ellipse
  • MRC:

I did this. I was on the Lawrence. I became a member+ and switched to Stern -- which was scheduled to take effect on my next billing cycle about a month later. I then purchased an upgrade to The Commitment plan -- which I am now on. The Commitment plan (once I applied the upgrade) was scheduled to take effect the same day as the Stern was. I just had to make sure I canceled the Stern, so there wouldn't be a conflict and so I wouldn't wind up with the plan I didn't want.

I went from Lawrence to Stern to Commitment in a one month period. I don't think there will be an issue, just be sure to cancel the plan you don't want, when you're SURE you have correctly applied the plan you do want. 
    wireless-golden-spotted-ladybug-932452
  • @Classified Will there be free MMS for this plan?
    Conic_EllipseLukie176Zeru
  • wireless-golden-spotted-ladybug-932452:
    Will there be free MMS for this plan?

@Karl ;@Classifieds ;I would also like to know.
    Zeru
  • Thanks for the heads up!

Any info on cost for non-Member+ members to upgrade if space is available after the promo ends?

Thanks  :)

• I'm so sad. I really wish I could return to my Surfing 2.0 plan. I wanted to try the Mad plans, and don't get me wrong I really like it, but it really sucks we can't switch back and forth between plans once we obtain one, especially these initial payment plans. Unless I'm mistaken and there is actually a way to switch? can someone let me know? It'll definitely encourage users to try all sorts of different plans if we had the freedom to switch to them at will once we take advantage of it the first time.
  • ShwerlockShwerlock Novice 0
    edited August 2016
    @Karl ;@Classifieds I started the Truly Free 4 plan yesterday to check out RingPlus. Can I sign up for the commitment plan as a new user or do I have to upgrade to get the plan? Thanks!

• BD01BD01 Novice 0
    noob question. How do you cut and paste a twitter link?
  • ShwerlockShwerlock Novice 0
    edited August 2016
    @BD01 In the Twitter app, go to the tweet and click on the three dots in the upper right corner and choose "Copy link to Tweet"
  • Shwerlock:
    I started the Truly Free 4 plan yesterday to check out RingPlus. Can I sign up for the commitment plan as a new user or do I have to upgrade to get the plan? Thanks!

During flash promo time, you should be able to go to your TF4 line on the dashboard then click upgrade. Commitment plan should show up for you to upgrade. You will need a credit card on file and if you have $0 on your top-up balance, the system will charge you $35. You can also manually add top up before you click upgrade. I think the minimum is $25 for TF4. This way, the system will not charge you $35 so you can save a little bit of money. I don't remember if your plan will change right away or you will have to wait till the billing cycle date though. 
  • I'm a new user, and I'm a little annoyed right now, because the nexus 6 that I ordered is shipping to my house on Wednesday or Tuesday missing the promo time. I don't have any other phones, so I'm wondering if I can purchase the commitment plan without the nexus 6 during promo time and apply the plan once my phone gets here, is this possible? 
    Xag
  • We were spoiled by double Bring it Over. We are expecting higher dose. 
    Nocturnespectacular-crimson-satin-flag
  • This commitment  plan have no MMS???
  • Could ringplus please clarify if there is a MMS allotment. 
  • I'm interested but  dont' currently have a ringplus plan or compatible phone. Can I just buy and one from your website and activate the plan and then transfer it another phone later?
  • satgsatg Novice 0
    Hi, For new customers placehloders are available in classifieds? or we need to get a new phone before tomorrow for signing up for commitment plan?

Thanks