Warehousing and Test Products Plant Technician
We are currently seeking a Warehousing and Test Products Plant Technician to join the R&D Technical Services Team. In this role, you will lead the warehousing and inventory management function as well as perform technical work and support activities on projects driven by the various Business Units.
- Lead the warehousing, logistics, and inventory management processes supporting the operation of the R&D Pilot Plants and Labs.
- Develop and implement SOPs for handling and storage of materials. Provide training and support for safe transportation, handling, and storage of hazardous materials.
- Manage the purchase, maintenance, and repair of powered material handling equipment.
- Provide technical service, equipment set-up, and project management support for the Business Units' test production requests including the scheduling, staffing, set-up, manufacturing, cleaning, packaging, and shipping of test production
- Manage smaller capital projects meeting timing, cost, and other required project criteria.
- Perform hazard analysis on new equipment and materials.
- Drive safety as a core value. Promote a culture of injury prevention.
- Bachelor of Science (B.S.) or Bachelor of Arts (B.A.) degree
- Strong computer skills using Excel, Word & Outlook as well as ability to learn/assist with new programs in the Labs.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience building strong working relationships with all stakeholders.
- Ability to quickly learn how to operate production equipment and train others, as needed.
- Ability to develop, document, and implement process improvements.
- Basic Math and/or sciences knowledge/understanding
- Pilot plant production experience.
- Laboratory experience.
- Demonstrated project management skills.
- Consumer Products manufacturing experience.
- Experience employing multi-tasking skills to ensure projects are executed flawlessly and on time.
- Experience exercising creativity to generate solutions that meet customers' needs.