DEPARTMENT: Residential Management
Manager, Lease Administration & LIHTC PERFORMANCE INFORMATION
This position ensures that all leasing related documentation is accurate, thereby protecting the company from legal actions.
Efficient processing of forms and documents.
Maintains revenue flow-through and enhances the integrity and reputation.
- Review tenant leases and documents for accuracy and completeness.
- Abstract and interpret residential lease documents in order to update and maintain Production system.
- Process tenant move in/move out forms and ensure that the tenant is properly reflected in system.
- Assist and support site Lease Administrators, Property Managers, residents, and brokers.
- Provide assistance regarding lease information and, review tenant reconciliations with respect to all new leases and lease renewal questions.
- Process Initial and Annual Apartment Registrations.
- Track Lease Expiration tenants and send out 30 & 60 day lease renewal reminder letters. * Generate check requests for security deposit refunds.
- Process all paperwork as required by DHCR.
- Process corrections as mandated by DHCR.
- Complete and file paperwork, as needed, for rent stabilization and apartment deregulation.
- Provide information to owners when requested.
- Serve as liaison between owners, Leasing Managers and Leasing Representatives.
- Serve as direct contact for low income tenants.
- Assist in audits when requested.
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date data in the Production System.
- Perform general administrative duties.
Position may be required to perform duties outside their normal responsibilities as needed and when requested.
Success factors: (The observable results the incumbent is expected to accomplish and the degree of freedom to act.)
- All information on lease forms and supporting documentation is accurate and meets legal requirements.
- Data in the Production System is 100% accurate.
- Ensures master leases in OnSite are accurate.
- All tasks are completed on time, with follow-up as needed.
- Maintains a productive relationship with Leasing Managers and Representatives.
Associates or Bachelor’s degree
- Minimum 1 year experience with residential real estate lease administration in NYC.
- Minimum 1 year data entry experience.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Knowledge of MRI a plus.
Competencies: (Knowledge, skills and abilities necessary for job performance.)
- Manages time effectively to accomplish multiple priorities with the most important tasks being completed with accuracy.
- Shows initiative to identify and resolve inaccuracies or missing documents and information that could delay or invalidate the leasing process.
- Works collaboratively with applicants, OnSite, Leasing Representatives and Leasing Managers, using effective interpersonal skills that engender trust and communication among all parties.
- Solves problems effectively and independently, when possible, and communicates the status of leases and reports to necessary persons in a timely manner.
Physical/Environmental Requirements: (ADA statements re: communication, lifting, standing, moving, etc.)Work is typically performed in an office setting during normal business hours. However, depending on business requirements, evening and weekend work may be required.
Job Type: Contract
Salary: $24.00 /hour
- Lease Administration: 3 years