Republic Wireless buy 1 month, get 6 months free BYOD deal

akula1488akula1488 MVP 45
edited May 22 in Cell Service Is this deal Expired ?
buy 1 month of $30 plan (unlimited talk and text, 2GB of data) and get the next 6 months free (but you have to pay taxes/govt fees).
Only certain phones are eligible.
https://republicwireless.com/bring-your-own-phone/

Ringplus Edit

Republic Wireless is offering New Customers: 6-Months of Unlimited Talk & Text + 2GB 4G LTE Data for Free when you Bring Your Own Android Smartphone (select devices).  

Note, your free 6-months will begin after the first full billing cycle (applies to cycles 2-7).

Steps:
  1. Click here to verify that your Android smartphone is eligible & order a Republic Wireless SIM card for Free (price updates during checkout) + $4 shipping
    • Eligible devices:
      • Moto G4
      • Moto G5 Plus
      • Moto G4 PLAY
      • Moto G4 PLUS
      • Moto X Pure Edition
      • Moto Z
      • Moto Z Play
      • Nexus 5X by LG
      • Nexus 6 by Motorola
      • Nexus 6P by Huawei
      • Pixel by Google
      • Pixel XL by Google
      • Samsung Galaxy J3
      • Samsung Galaxy S6
      • Samsung Galaxy S7
      • Samsung Galaxy S7 edge
  2. Once your SIM card arrives be sure to activate prior to 11:59PM EST June 6, 2017.
  3. Once activated select the Talk & Text + 2GB Plan from your smartphone (additional charges apply for higher plans)
  4. Your service will now be Free for 6-months following 1 full billing cycle.

Federally mandated taxes and telecom charges may apply. This offer is only valid on new customer accounts and/or a new service line on an existing customer account. If you choose a plan of greater value than Republic Wireless's $30 Talk and Text plus 2GB of cellular data service plan, any additional service plan cost above $30 is not included in this promotion and the difference will be charged to the customer's credit card. Offer is valid through May 22nd or while supplies last.  

Link

Comments

• Some concise and important info. for those not familiar with how republic service works (t-mo, Wi-Fi first, roaming etc.).
    http://www.prepaidphonenews.com/2017/05/republic-wireless-launches-new-six.html?m=1
  • mmfacemmmmfacemm MVP 47
    My taxes look like $3.20 a month.  So for 7 months it would come to about $57 or less than $5 a month.  No point sticking around after that.  I guess they think you will like the service and continue after the initial period.  
  • KentEKentE Moderator 167
    Pretty small eligible phone list.
      The RW site also seems to include these 2 models, in addition to those listed above:
    Huawei Ascend 5W
    Alcatel A30

The A30 is available for $100 (factory unlocked), or for $50 in the Amazon Prime lockscreen version.   I wonder if the Prime version would work?

• din9alin9din9alin9 Pro 5
    edited May 16
    Has anyone here actually used RW? The few I know who have said that it (voice) was pretty unreliable and poor quality when calls went through, most left, some for freedom pop free tier service which they said was better than RW. All this was over a year ago and on the nearly free Sprint based plans so maybe RW had changed / improved (as has FP adding at&t based service)??
  • KentEKentE Moderator 167
    I know some forum members came over from Republic-- I hope some of them might comment.

It appears from what I've heard recently that FreedomPop has greatly improved the voice-over-data experience from when I tried it a couple of years ago.  It seems possible that Republic might also have made improvements.
  • 1birdman11birdman1 Moderator 49
    One of my friends has it. They are on the no data plan. They have issues with calls connecting all of the time. Not bad,  just not 100%.
  • hhfpphonehhfpphone Ethical Committee 222
    How about when at home where wifi would be strong and reliable?