Tello vs SpeedTalk

ClassifiedsClassifieds RingPlus 135
SpeedTalk the Real Party - Promo

Speed Talk informed us that the following Plans on the Sprint Network are open until May 21, 2017 @ 5pm Pacific 

Thank you @SpeedTalk ;;;

Plan ID     Price/Month           MB Full Speed             Text      Talk
SPSP6 $2.99
    50                 50        50
SPSP7 $3.99
     100               100      100
SPSP8 $7.99
     250     unlimited       250
SPSP9 $9.99
     500     unlimited       300
SPSP1 $12.99
    1000            $0.03       100

Top UP 9.99 and overages $0.03 for all Plans 

• Don't pay more taxes included - No extra costs 
  • Monthly Plan cost is billed from Top Up Balance
  • Sprint BOYD OK
  • Don't save only the first month - save money forever 
  • Save  every month around 40% vs Tello 

---Important Information---

Auto Top-Up is required to cover overages etc. If, and only if, the Top-Up balance reaches $2, another Auto Top-Up will occur. Auto Top-Ups will be automatically charged to your credit card on file.

Plan cost from the following Month will be deducted from your top up until top up reaches $2. If, and only if, the Top-Up balance reaches $2, another Top-Up will be automatically charged to your credit card on file.

*Month

A month equals 30 days billing cycle.

A non-refundable Top Up is required to cover overages. The first month plan cost and the auto Top Up will be billed to your credit card at the time of subscription. The plan will auto renew every 30 days if not canceled. SpeedTalk will attempt to draw your monthly plan cost from your Top Up balance. If your Top Up balance is greater than your plan cost, your credit card will not be billed. If the Top Up balance is less than your plan cost, or less than the minimum required Top Up balance, another auto Top Up will be automatically charged to your credit card on file. If for any other reason your auto Top Up balance is depleted (e.g., overages in minutes, texts or data), or your Top Up balance reaches $2.00 or less, another auto Top Up will be automatically charged to your credit card on file.

All plans on SpeedTalk Mobile are pre-paid and auto-renew. All sales are final. SpeedTalk Mobile reserves the right to refuse service at any time, to anyone, for any reason. All other SpeedTalk Mobile legal terms also apply, and can be found at https://speedtalkmobile.com/expoaws/speed.aspx/termsAndConditions . If there is any difference or conflict between the terms of this offer and any other SpeedTalk Mobile legal terms, the terms of this offer will control.

Get it at https://clubplans.speedtalkmobile.com/home

Comments

• Jon_VVJon_VV Pro 13
    Will this be the same price every month or is it this price for just the first month? SPSP9 seems to be the best deal as i text a lot and don't use phone much.
  • KentEKentE Moderator 167
    Jon_VV:
    Will this be the same price every month or is it this price for just the first month?
    The SpeedTalk promos are yours to keep at the same rate as long as you want.
    Please note that SpeedTalk does have some different rules about porting than you might expect:  Porting a number in when starting a plan is allowed, and I believe it's free.  It is not, however, possible to port a number in later, and keep the same plan.  Porting a number in later requires closing the old plan, and you'd need to select a new plan from available options at that point in time..

(This has caught a few new SpeedTalk members by surprise, just because it's not the way it works at most MVNOs.)

I agree with you that SPSP9 (and SPSP8) is a "sweet spot" for many customers!

akaLTDDiedrich_Duo
  • Jon_VVJon_VV Pro 13
    Thanks KentE that was a fast reply! The problem i face right now is that i just signed up with that promio 90% off for first month then around $10 every month after for 100 minutes
    Unlimited text 200 MB. Will i be able to just change over or do i have to wait until the month is over? If i have to wait then i wont be able to get this new plan.
  • mmfacemmmmfacemm MVP 47
    No need to wait until the end of the month. I assume you mean you started off at Tello with their 90% off birthday promo and wish to switch to Speedtalk. 

Right now I think with the way it works you won't be able to sign up with the phone that is active on Tello.   

1. If you do not need the same number then you can ask tello to cancel your plan and release your phone.  Then you can sign up right away with speedtalk.  

2. Or if you want to keep your number then the easiest thing to do is to change the device on tello with a second device or a placeholder (eg a broken but valid phone) and then that will free up your main phone to sign up with speedtalk.  You can then complete the port in details to port over your number.    

The speedtalk device check seems to have some issues.  A device I tried did not work even though it is showing as eligible for activation elsewhere eg tello.  You may get a device not found in the database error.  
    Classifieds
  • Jon_VVJon_VV Pro 13
    Yes i signed up to Tello with the 90% off birthday promo. I don't have another phone and i don't have to have the same number but if i drop tello and cant sign up with SpeedTalk then I'm out of service.
  • ClassifiedsClassifieds RingPlus 135
    @Jon_VV ;I am sure  @SpeedTalk talk can help. You just need a dummy ESN and than they have to make an ESN swap. 
  • MDRingMDRing Novice 1
    I find Speed Talk is not allowing CDMA-S devices. What are the Sprint MVNO allow CDMA-S devices?

Is Tello 90% off birthday promo still on ?

Thanks for sharing.

I believe the Tello birthday promos ended on the 10th.
    Sprint devices that are clear for activation should be eligible for SpeedTalk plans that start with 'S', since these are Sprint network plans.

The same rules should apply for eligibility as with other Sprint MVNOs-- the device likely needs to not be active on another carrier, and to have met any FEC or FED clearance requirements.   Have you tested you MEID on both the SpeedTalk and another Sprint MVNO?  (I might recommend Ting's checker, unless your phone is currently active on a Ting line.)
    Other options might include Tello, Twigby, and TPO.  (For TPO eligibility, make sure you're looking at CDMA elgibility.)
      If that doesn't help, maybe you can give us details on the phone that doesn't clear at SpeedTalk?

The Verizon Promos will close at 9PM Pacific
    That's a lot of choices!  :)
    KentE:
    That's a lot of choices! 

sorry @KentE ; you lost but @Paul_Sth won.
    Congratulations, @Paul_Sth !
  • Jon_VVJon_VV Pro 13
    Classifieds:
    @Jon_VV ;I am sure  @SpeedTalk talk can help. You just need a dummy ESN and than they have to make an ESN swap. 

How do i get a dummy ESN and i noticed it says CDMAS but my nexus 6 is a CDMA. I couldn't get that deal could i?

Jon_VV:

How do i get a dummy ESN and i noticed it says CDMAS but my nexus 6 is a CDMA. I couldn't get that deal could i?
    Both Sprint and Verizon use CDMA technology.  SpeedTalk (and some other MVNOs) use the term "CDMA-S" or "CDMAS" to indicate that the phone must be compatible with the Sprint network, and not only compatible with the Verizon Network (CDMA-V).   So, if your Nexus 6 was purchased factory-unlocked, it should work fine. (for example, if you used it previously on RingPlus, Ting/CDMA, Tello, etc.)  If was purchased as a Verizon or T-Mobile phone, it should also work fine, but would need to be unlocked by VZW or T-Mobile.

re:  dummy ESN--  it's possible that SpeedTalk might be able to provide this for you:  I haven't seen it listed anywhere as a service they can provide.  Otherwise, the typical advice is that any eligible Sprint device will work as a 'dummy' ESN, even if the phone is non-functioning or not physically in your hands.  (For example, perhaps a relative has an old Sprint phone stashed away in a drawer........)   A lot of forum members here have "dummy" phones laying around for just such purposes, too. 

Jon_VV
  • Jon_VVJon_VV Pro 13
    Who won the SpeedTalk After Party Give a way?
    No one yet - still waiting
    Jon_VV
  • MDRingMDRing Novice 1
    KentE:
    Sprint devices that are clear for activation should be eligible for SpeedTalk plans that start with 'S', since these are Sprint network plans.

The same rules should apply for eligibility as with other Sprint MVNOs-- the device likely needs to not be active on another carrier, and to have met any FEC or FED clearance requirements.   Have you tested you MEID on both the SpeedTalk and another Sprint MVNO?  (I might recommend Ting's checker, unless your phone is currently active on a Ting line.)
    Other options might include Tello, Twigby, and TPO.  (For TPO eligibility, make sure you're looking at CDMA elgibility.)
      If that doesn't help, maybe you can give us details on the phone that doesn't clear at SpeedTalk?

I did validate my MEID with ting/other Sprint MVNOs. It passed.

I contacted SpeedTalk by email and shared my device info. Here is their reply.

"Thanks for contacting us.
    Our plans are not CDMA-S which means you cannot use Spring devices on these plans, that is why the ESN check was failing.

Let us know if you have any other questions. "

Any idea?

MDRing:
    Any idea?

Unfortunately they have two separate operations going on right now and you might have inadvertently emailed the wrong speedtalk :neutral:   Their main website is tmobile only.

Did you click the contact us on the https://clubplans.speedtalkmobile.com/home page and filled out the contact form?  That is the one you need and to mention that this is a plan club plan via the ringplus forum.  

I've linked in the speedtalk crew to see if they have any ideas.
    @Avi_CEO_SpeedTalk_Mobile  @SpeedTalk ;

As far as the ESN checker goes - I checked one phone that worked on Tello and it came up with an error on speedtalk.  Not sure if their checker is working correctly.  Try again - it might just work after a few attempts.  

MDRing:
    I did validate my MEID with ting/other Sprint MVNOs. It passed.
    Does it pass on other Sprint MVNO's  now?  Your earlier posts sounded like it passed on other MVNO's a number of months ago, but fails now.
    If it passes on Ting now, can you provide the model # of the phone, as shown in the Settings menu of the phone?

It does seem the SpeedTalk Customer Service reps are not familiar with the new multi-carrier plans, and are really only familiar with the old T-Mobile network plans.   Answers may not always be accurate.

Are you testing the MEID with SpeedTalk starting with the link shown at the bottom of the first post in this thread?  And selecting a CDMA-S plan to start the process?
    I have noticed that the SpeedTalk ESN check seems pickier than most about the ESN type-- try it with both the DEC and HEX versions of the MEID.  
    In the tests I've run on the check tool there, I've had some problems getting verification on older phones with non-standard MEID forms  (including letters). 

• MDRingMDRing Novice 1
    edited May 17
    I used the link shown on 1st page to validate MEID. As you suggested , I tried with (DEC), (HEX) MEID. link throws "Fail no valid" message. It is LG tribute 4G LTE.s
    MDRing:
    It is LG tribute 4G LTE.s
    Is it a Tribute, a Tribute 2, a Tribute 5, or a Tribute HD? 

KentE:
    Does it pass on other Sprint MVNO's  now
    If it does not, there is no need to struggle further.

• MDRingMDRing Novice 1

Thanks. It is Tribute HD 4G LTE. Yes. It is passing on other Sprint MVNOs (ting + .......many) now, but not in speed talk.

• chatmsdchatmsd MVP 23
    MDRing:
    Thanks. It is Tribute HD 4G LTE. Yes. It is passing on other Sprint MVNOs (ting + .......many) now, but not in speed talk.
    I saw the same thing with a spare Huawei Union phone that I previously used on RingPlus.  It passed TING and Tello but failed on SpeedTalk.