Any plan do 750MB LTE + 200min for $5/month?

OsirisOsiris Novice 0
edited May 4 in General Discussions
Just need 750MB LTE + 200min 

And need to keep the old R+ phone number (now at Ting)

Thanks!

Comments

• mmfacemmmmfacemm All Star 48
    edited May 4
    Speedtalk had one for $10.  You won't find one for $5.

Your only real options are:
    1. freedompop sprint with freedom friends and buying premium voice for $3.99
    But you won't get the best calling experience

2. Buy a dual sim phone and put a freedompop att lte sim with freedomfriends in one slot and a speedtalk $5 a month for 250 mins or mb sim in the other.  Gives you 200mins/750mb

3. If you are willing to work for your minutes/data then cellnuvo is a free service - you install their app and swipe for ads.  You'll need 19,000 silver a month (20 silver = 1 min or 1 mb) and ads are often 30 silver for a 30 second ad. Works off sprint.  
    People from r+ have been earning 100k+ for the top earners.  20k should be fairly easy.  
    See www.reddit.com/r/cellnuvo
  • KentEKentE Moderator 168
    mmfacemm:
    People from r+ have been earning 100k+ for the top earners.  20k should be fairly easy.  
    I'm new at CellNuvo-- I've earned 17K  in a week, as a "side task" when I'm at the PC or watching TV, probably 1.5 hours/day.  It should not be hard to do  20K, but takes a fair amount of sticking with the plan to "work" at it on a regular basis..

That said, if I needed 750 mb a month, I'd personally look at other options.. If you can tolerate the 2-SIM concept, and buying a dual-sim phone, ,@mmfacemm #2 suggestion above seems like a good option to me, and I'm doing a similar thing on another line.

The pure FreedomPop option is possible if you're mostly staying in touch with friends and family, and can tolerate some missed calls.  (I can't.)

• akula1488akula1488 MVP 45
    edited May 4
    mmfacemm:
    2. Buy a dual sim phone and put a freedompop att lte sim with freedomfriends in one slot and a speedtalk $5 a month for 250 mins or mb sim in the other.  Gives you 200mins/750mb

there you go. it meets the OP's requirement;
    SIM 1 (voice only):  $5 a month on T-Mobile for 250 min
    SIM 2 (data only):  $0 a month on AT&T LTE via FreedomPop, from 650 MB (last 100 MB not usable) with 10xFreedomFriends to 1150 MB with 10xFreedomFriends + 5xDonor accounts.

My personal setup
    Phone 1: iPhone SE on SpeedTalks Hello plan, for 100 min/text/MB, $3 a month. Will switch to Red Pocket's 1 year essential plan on AT&T for 500 min/text + 100 MB data, $7 a month. For talk and text only as the screen is too small.
    Phone 2: Dual SIM GSM unlocked phone, TWO FreedomPop AT&T LTE SIMs for 1150x2 = 2300 MB of data, $0 a month.

So $7 a month I get 500 min/text + (2300+100)=2400 MB, all on AT&T.

I also have phone 3 on MintSIM's 1 year plan (T-Mobile), phone 4 on Tello (Sprint) and lastly phone 5 on Verizon gUDP plan. So you see, I have all 4 national carriers and 5 phones to rotate around, not including toy phones for the cars or spare ones (these phones are on FreedomPop).
  • KentEKentE Moderator 168
    akula1488:
    Phone 2:
    I'm also comfortable with carrying a "data phone" and a "voice phone".   Not all people are.