Speedtalk vs TPO winners?

mmfacemmmmfacemm MVP 47
edited May 2 in General Discussions
@Classifieds ;Will we hear the results today or will it be tomorrow?  Thanks!
Diedrich_Duo

Comments

• ClassifiedsClassifieds RingPlus 137
    Sorry for the delay it will be first think tomorrow. 
  • mmfacemmmmfacemm MVP 47
    No problem - thanks!
  • ClassifiedsClassifieds RingPlus 137
    Thank you to everyone who participated! We are happy to announce the following winners:

Galaxy S6 winner:

wind-up-taupe-houndstooth-chandelier-684622

HTC Desire winners:

chatmsd

mmfacemm

old-fashioned-tan-plaid-chimpanzee-598580

Paul_Sth

RickyMonkey

Thank you for your participation! 
  • akaLTDakaLTD Moderator 115
    Congratulations to all the winners. Enjoy your phones. :) 
  • KentEKentE Moderator 168
    Congratulations, wind-up-taupe-houndstooth-chandelier-684622  & Team SpeedTalk! 
    Thank you!
  • Thanks, I appreciate it very much :)
    Received mine today - thanks again.  
  • chatmsdchatmsd MVP 23
    I just received the HTC Desire that I won.  Unfortunately, it seems to need a Google Verification locked.
    It boots to a welcome screen prompting me to select a language.  Then pressing start takes me to wifi screen.  Upon connecting to my wifi and pressing next it takes me to the message

"Verify your account  Google This device was reset. To continue, sign in with a Google Account that was previously synced with on this device."

If I enter my Google account and password, it takes me back to the above message.  Apparently, it is expecting the original owner's google verification credentials.  I can't get to the home screen, Settings page etc. 

I tried factory reset through the bootloader menu, but no success.

I PM'ed both @tweaver and @PSantos.  Waiting for help. 

As of now, all I have is a useless brick.

• chatmsdchatmsd MVP 23
    mmfacemm:
    Received mine today - thanks again.  
    Is yours working or is Google locked like mine?

edited May 16
    chatmsd:
    Is yours working or is Google locked like mine?

Mine is working.  Came with some family photos of the last owner but mine is not locked. 
  • chatmsdchatmsd MVP 23
    mmfacemm:
    Mine is working.  Came with some family photos of the last owner but mine is not locked. 
    Was yours an HTC Desire 626?

edited May 16
    chatmsd:
    Was yours an HTC Desire 626?

Yes a white HTC desire 626.  Probably a returned loaner phone that they have left over after ringplus ended.  
  • chatmsdchatmsd MVP 23
    edited May 16
    mmfacemm:
    Yes a white HTC desire 626.  Probably a returned loaner phone that they have left over after ringplus ended.  
    Mine was a while refurbished phone also.  In good condition, but is useless.  Apparently, the previous owner didn't delete his google account that is tied to phone verification and locking. 

Was yours the Sprint model or something else? 

chatmsd:
    Apparently, the previous owner didn't delete his google account that is tied to phone verification and locking. 
    Now, that is a pain!  I hope you hear back from RP soon!

chatmsd:
    Was yours the Sprint model or something else? 

Mine is sprint only. Condition was average in parts and good in others - some small cracks around the ports and the the main front/back pieces aren't quite as tightly sealed in places like they once were.  The screen is nice and clean though and there aren't any major defects.   
  • chatmsdchatmsd MVP 23
    KentE:
    Now, that is a pain!  I hope you hear back from RP soon!
    I PM'ed both @tweaver and @PSantos.  Waiting to hear from them.  I wonder if wiping the cache from the bootloader menu would help.  I already did the factory reset from the bootloader menu without success. 

• chatmsdchatmsd MVP 23
    mmfacemm:
    Mine is sprint only. Condition was average in parts and good in others - some small cracks around the ports and the the main front/back pieces aren't quite as tightly sealed in places like they once were.  The screen is nice and clean though and there aren't any major defects.   
    I wonder if mine is a google play model.  It doesn't have any Sprint screens or logos.  The condition is great, but doesn't help if I can't get it to work.

No sprint logos on mine on the phone or on the splash screen.  It is definitely locked to sprint though.  Mine says it is the htc 626 in the settings and I thought the sprint version is the 626s. The model number OPM92 checks out as the sprint/boost/virgin model though.  
  • chatmsdchatmsd MVP 23
    mmfacemm:
    No sprint logos on mine on the phone or on the splash screen.  It is definitely locked to sprint though.  Mine says it is the htc 626 in the settings and I thought the sprint version is the 626s. The model number OPM92 checks out as the sprint/boost/virgin model though.  
    Mine does have a Sprint SIM installed.  So, it must be Sprint phone too.  I have no way of checking since I can't get to the Settings screen.

edited May 16
    chatmsd:
    I tried factory reset through the bootloader menu, but no success.
    I did a quick google search, and saw this discussion-- links to a good article about the issue you're having, and why.
    http://forums.androidcentral.com/htc-desire-626/624061-how-do-i-unlock-my-htc-626-bypass-google-verification.html

Bottom line:  the process is designed to make stolen phones unusable, so there isn't an easy workaround.   As soon as some exploit is identified, it's likely to be patched by Google.

I guess this happens frequently, according to the linked articles.

chatmsd:
    I PM'ed both @tweaver and @PSantos. ; Waiting to hear from them. 
    I think some of the staff is on early summer vacation, or outside projects.  Maybe @Classifieds ; can assist?
  • chatmsdchatmsd MVP 23
    KentE:
    I think some of the staff is on early summer vacation, or outside projects.  Maybe @Classifieds ;; can assist?

@PSantos just contacted me.  He is acting on the matter.  I admire their fast response.

Thanks for the link you posted on the issue.   It took me a while to figure out that the issue was due to Google verification.  I posted the issue here to see if someone could offer a solution.