New Discounted Cell Plans across Multiple Cell Phone Carriers

ClassifiedsClassifieds RingPlus 135
edited April 18 in Announcements

Over the past months, many independent cell phone carriers have addressed RingPlus expressing interest in embracing and participating in different aspects of the RingPlus vision. Their interests have resulted in vast improvements for consumers immediately, and in the long run. The immediate changes are:

1.    Discounted cell service prices plans, and

2.    An independent neutral forum where MVNOs’ CEOs and executives meet customers, and develop new products together with customers. A forum where customers and teams across multiple MVNOs help to solve problems.

This weekend’s offer is presented by SpeedTalk Mobile

Offers from Other Independent Carriers for the upcoming week on the Sprint and other Networks will be announced Tuesday April 18, 2017

SpeedTalk Mobile

SpeedTalk is a stable and rapidly growing MVNO located in Los Angeles, and operates on all 4 major networks (Verizon, AT&T, T-Mobile, and Sprint).

Rather than offering the same plans across different networks, SpeedTalk offers different plans depending on your choice of network, and saving you money.

All in all, SpeedTalk's success is due to in their diverse offerings, exceptional pricing, and their hands-on approach. You will see SpeedTalk's CEO and other SpeedTalk executives directly interacting with you on our forum.

We are happy that SpeedTalk has chosen to actively participate in our open community at social.ringplus.net, joining other cell service providers to communicate directly with consumers to find good deals.

SpeedTalk will start running several exclusive promotions on our forum starting right now!

SpeedTalk Promos

Hello Plan (TSP1F)

On the T-Mobile Network

Flash Promo!

Monday, April 16, 2017 from 9am-10pm Pacific.

$2.99/month* for 100 talk, 100 text (MMS/SMS), 100 MB LTE full speed data

Overage Rate: $0.05

Auto Top Up: $9.99

Get it at https://clubplans.speedtalkmobile.com/home

Starter Plan (VSP1P)

On CDMA network.

Open Today!

Thursday, April 13, 2017 from 7pm Pacific until Tuesday, April 18, 2017 at 10am Pacific.

$5.99/month* for 50 talk, 100 text (MMS/SMS), pay as you go data MB

Overage and (pay as you go data MB) rate $0.02

Auto Top Up: $19.99

Quality Plan (VSP2F) 

on cdma network

Open Sunday, April 16, 2017 at 11am Pacific until Monday, April 17, 2017 at 11am Pacific

$19.99/month* for unlimited talk, unlimited text (MMS/SMS), and 1000 MB LTE full speed data

Overage Rate MB $0.03

Auto Top Up: $5

Get it at https://clubplans.speedtalkmobile.com/home

Auto Top Ups

Auto Top-Up is required to cover overages etc. If, and only if, the Top-Up balance reaches $2, another Auto Top-Up will occur. Auto Top-Ups will be automatically charged to your credit card on file.

Plan cost from the following Month will be deducted from your top up until top up reaches $2. If, and only if, the Top-Up balance reaches $2, another Top-Up will be automatically charged to your credit card on file.

*Month

A month equals 30 days billing cycle.

A non-refundable Top Up is required to cover overages. The first month plan cost and the auto Top Up will be billed to your credit card at the time of subscription. The plan will auto renew every 30 days if not canceled. SpeedTalk will attempt to draw your monthly plan cost from your Top Up balance. If your Top Up balance is greater than your plan cost, your credit card will not be billed. If the Top Up balance is less than your plan cost, or less than the minimum required Top Up balance, another auto Top Up will be automatically charged to your credit card on file. If for any other reason your auto Top Up balance is depleted (e.g., overages in minutes, texts or data), or your Top Up balance reaches $2.00 or less, another auto Top Up will be automatically charged to your credit card on file.

All plans on SpeedTalk Mobile are pre-paid and auto-renew. All sales are final. SpeedTalk Mobile reserves the right to refuse service at any time, to anyone, for any reason. All other SpeedTalk Mobile legal terms also apply, and can be found at https://speedtalkmobile.com/expoaws/speed.aspx/termsAndConditions . If there is any difference or conflict between the terms of this offer and any other SpeedTalk Mobile legal terms, the terms of this offer will control.

akaLTDtitetanium

Comments

• joseph1joseph1 MVP 35
    Welcome back, RingPlus! :smile: :+1:
  • ClassifiedsClassifieds RingPlus 135
    Sorry we are not back. We are just posting deals from third parties and we are providing knowhow and technologies to MVNO as we did also in the past. 
    joseph1:
    Welcome back, RingPlus! smile 1

• 1birdman11birdman1 Moderator 49

Quality Plan (VSP2F) 

on The Verizon Network 
    Open Sunday, April 16, 2017 at 11am Pacific until Monday, April 17, 2017 at 11am Pacific
    $19.99/month* for unlimited talk, unlimited text (MMS/SMS), and 1000 MB LTE full speed data

That's a rather good deal (For my needs) and Verizon!!! 

• Great prices. I was going to select the minimum Tello plan (100min/200txt/200MB) at $9/mo for myself this weekend mainly because of their never data overage charge. The kid is on 200/unl/200 at $12/mo (I don't care if it drops to1G, the kid will still have data).

As I see it, the problem with Tello you can't pay overage at $0.0? per unit. You have to restart your plan (early) at full monthly rate and get your full allotment again for 30 more days. With the Speedtalk plan on Monday the overage is $0.05/unit which is think is just too high. Lots to think about over the weekend.

• jamielihjamielih Moderator 126
    johntour:
    As I see it, the problem with Tello you can't pay overage at $0.0? per unit.

If you have a PAYG balance remaining, it can be used as overage at $0.02 per unit of data.

As for $0.0? for overage of text or voice, I think 1 alternative is to cancel your plan (once you run out of text or voice allotment) while having a PAYG balance, & around when your cancelled plan would have renewed, save for cancelling, just add the plan back. Tedious & not automated, but do-able.
  • jamielih:
    If you have a PAYG balance remaining, it can be used as overage at $0.02 per unit of data.

Think I read about this last month from our guru friend @promoze who shares a love and inventory of LG Tribute HD phones with me. As I interpreted it you must have a phone with 2 plans (?) from Tello like the minimal 100/200/200 AND a Pay As You Go plan on the same phone. Here's his comment:

https://social.ringplus.net/discussion/comment/150277/#Comment_150277

After rubbing my eyes I called Tello support and softly posed the question to them (not wanting to close a unknown loophole) to see what would happen if I started with PAGO then wanted a regular plan. Pretty sure the PAGO would just be cancelled (and I think Patrick_Tello said credit would be lost). I just don't think it can be done and as we know you can link only one plan per email with Tello, unlike R+ did.

Maybe I read it wrong but from what I see with Speedtalk there's no plan with a data speed drop when you burn through your allotment, and while their prices are great just the words Overage Rates are a deal killer for the teenager (I can control MY phone and will probably get it for me) but as I write he's half way through his Tello plan having run out of minutes on DAY ONE (who talks 3 hours the day the plan starts?).

• KentEKentE Moderator 166
    johntour:
    I just don't think it can be done
    Maybe I misunderstand your goal, but I don't think this is a problem at Tello..
    My plan @Tello has the minimal data & text, and no minutes-- plus a paygo balance to pay for minutes.  I think you can add a PayGo balance to any account, and designate what you wish to allow it's use for.  (Mine will not be applied to data-- only to voice & text.)
      It's a little confusing to set up a plan this way (with 'none' of some bucket, plus a PayGo balance).  

johntour:
    Pretty sure the PAGO would just be cancelled (and I think Patrick_Tello said credit would be lost). I just don't think it can be done and as we know you can link only one plan per email with Tello, unlike R+ did.

I mix, swap, alternate between PAYG & plan regularly. I have PAYG balance, add plan, cancel plan, all the while having PAYG balance. I may even add plan & cancel plan again. I may even add PAYG balance. All on 1 email / number / phone.
  • KentE:
    It's a little confusing to set up a plan this way (with 'none' of some bucket, plus a PayGo balance).  

And I thought R+ was confusing :) I've ported into a new Tello plan and PAYG from 2 R+ phones separately, but you're saying I can have a plan and PAYG with the same phone? And do I start with a plan or PAYG first then add the other? So the @KentE plan would be 200 texts and MB for $6/mo, so when the data is gone it'll drop to 64kbps until reset. Then add a PAYG for minutes (+- 100 for $3 - same as build your own plan) making the cost of plan and PAYG basically the same as plan with min/txt/data (not counting tax).

And it looks like with the @jamielih method the most important thing is to keep a PAYG balance so you don't lose your phone number then play around with whatever your requirements might be. Oh, and thanks for the interesting info. Now who's gonna make a YouTube video to explain this?

edited April 14
    johntour:
    And it looks like with the @jamielih method the most important thing is to keep a PAYG balance so you don't lose your phone number then play around with whatever your requirements might be. Oh, and thanks for the interesting info. Now who's gonna make a YouTube video to explain this?

You likely won't lose your Tello phone number if you run out of PAYG balance on 1 billing cycle.

Here's something I've done on 1 phone / number / email: Start plan on day one with $5 PAYG balance. Then, on about day 11, I added plan with 200 MB & 200 texts. Then I turned off 4G LTE on the PAYG balance, so that when I run out of the 200 MB, I'll drop to 64 kbps. On day 20 or sor, I cancelled the plan. On day 22 or so, I added the 500 MB plan. I lost no credits whatsoever. And the 200 texts that were cancelled remained for me to use until the cycle associated with those texts ended. Anyway, during that monthly cycle, some of the PAYG balance was deducted for calls made / received, because plan included no minutes.
    edited April 14
    johntour:
    Then add a PAYG for minutes (+- 100 for $3 - same as build your own plan) making the cost of plan and PAYG basically the same as plan with min/txt/data (not counting tax).
    My reason for doing this isn't to save theoretical per-minute cost, but to avoid paying for part of a bucket I likely won't use all of.

Back to SpeedTalk-- for the right user, these are very tempting plans.   I mentioned in the other thread that I looked at my wife's usage (small), and either of the 2 small packages would compete nicely with the incredible deal of Tello for her usage.   the VZW would be a little more $, but offer better coverage outside of the metro area.  The T-Mobile plan would be a little over half the cost I project on Tello. 
       It's likely that the deciding factor for me, at the moment, is phones.  I have no eligible Verizon phone.  I have an eligible GSM, but she loves the Sprint phone she's using now.......  Regardless of my careful financial analysis, I'm not sure she'll agree that my math is more important than her phone!

Last month:

39 minutes, 106 texts, 79 MB.  

Tello: hybrid plan, with voice from paygo:  $6 + .78 (paygo voice) = $6.78

(but has a safety factor for extra text, and data)

SpeedTalk Hello (T-Mo)   $2.99 + .30 overages (text)= $;3.29 

(wow!   No safety factor other than voice, but a lot of room for reasonable overages, and at $0.30/month overages, that top-up will last a loooong time)

SpeedTalk/Starter (VZW)   $5.99 + .12 (text overage) + 1.58 (data)= $7.70

(almost a dollar more than Tello, but with better coverage outside metro area.  I'm also thinking about Twigby for her line, to get VZW roaming for the same reason: and that's $12)

The 2 small plans are 'too small' for my phone.  The unlimited voice/text is bigger than I need, attractive, but no eligible device.  I may still be looking for a plan that's just the right size...... 

UPDATE:
       From the SpeedTalk thread in Deals, the SpeedTalk rep just posted this:
    "As you guys know we just launched our Verizon service last week. Today I was informed that customers need to purchase a new speedtalk Verizon SIM card and can not use Verizon or other mvno's SIM. sorry about the mis information i gave previously. "

If you're interested in the VZW-based plans, you need to be aware of that!
     https://social.ringplus.net/discussion/comment/152614/#Comment_152614

• jamielih:
    Here's something I've done on 1 phone / number / email: Start plan on day one with $5 PAYG balance. Then, on about day 11, I added plan

I'm sure you meant the "plan" you first started was PAYG and you never cancelled it. Is it a plan? Semantics. (a man a plan a canal panama - couldn't help myself) Then you start a custom plan, text/data, cancel and start another plan (guess you can pick any level of allotments, why pick 500MB for $8 when you can pick 200MB for $4 when the object is still to use slow data as overage?). Now I'm getting picky.

Think I'm gonna spend the weekend making a flowchart to do this. I still have a green plastic template with all the decision symbols and some green bar fanfold computer paper. I think I just dated myself but the mainframe will never die! :) 

edited April 15
    johntour:
    I'm sure you meant the "plan" you first started was PAYG and you never cancelled it. Is it a plan? Semantics. (a man a plan a canal panama - couldn't help myself)

Semantics indeed. But, let's keep it in Tello context. When you visit their site, you'll see that PAYG is implicitly NOT a plan. "Plans & Pay As You Go work well together." I read that as you can have PAYG & a plan at the same time.
  • one of the most popular setup for Tello is to choose a data only plan, and use PayGo for voice and text, if you use vastly more data units than voice+texts. 
    Tello's PayGO rates is the best in the business, and Tello's data plan is also one of the lowest cost plan out there. Plus you get unlimited 64kbps data.
  • As usual you R+ (?) guys come up with neat ideas. I'm probably going to try it tomorrow after I wake from my Peeps induced sugar coma. Thanks again.
  • what phones can i use for the speed talk  
    grandmas-navy-blue-pinstriped-panda-444119:
    what phones can i use for the speed talk  
    SpeedTalk offers plans on 2 different carriers:  Up until very recently, they're used T-Mobile service, and they're now adding Verizon plans.  For now, at least, it appears that the plans for the 2 are not identical-- in other words, you need to look at plans that meet your desire for carrier, and your phone.  (No point in trying to open a plan running on the T-Mobile network, if you have a Verizon phone, or vice versa.)
      T-Mobile is GSM, and GSM phones are generally easier about being used on multiple carriers.  Basically, you need a T-Mobile, AT&T, or factory-unlocked GSM phone.  Some T-Mobile or AT&T devices may still be 'locked', or limited to use on those perspective providers. 

The link above does have a test tool to check a Verizon-based device to see if it's acceptable.  (BYOD test tool). I don't know enough about it to know if the result is absolute confirmation that your Verizon-carrier phone can be activated on SpeedTalk, but I've asked the SpeedTalk rep in the other thread (in the Deals category) if he can comment on this.

I've looked, but don't see a matching test tool for GSM devices on the normal SpeedTalk website, https://www.speedtalkmobile.com.
       I'm hoping such a check tool will be available on the link to the plan offers when the T-Mobile promo becomes active.

• akula1488:
    one of the most popular setup for Tello is to choose a data only plan, and use PayGo for voice and text, if you use vastly more data units than voice+texts. 

Here's some more info about plans and PAYG together:

http://blog.tello.com/news/how_to_save_data/

RidetheBus
  • Red pocket is having a sale on one of its plans today via eBay
    http://www.prepaidphonenews.com/2017/04/19999-red-pocket-ebay-annual-plan-on.html?m=1
    There's a new article over in the News section that really helps to explain why we may be seeing MVNOs offer some special promos here.  Turns out it may be a case of "who knew this was so complicated" for MVNOs to figure out a way to make pricing work for both the MVNO, and the customer-- and that making it work for the MVNO may require a continuing re-balancing of plan offerings.
    https://social.ringplus.net/discussion/12054/the-day-of-indifference-flash-promos-in-telecom#latest

RidetheBus