Nth Circle Forum

The Nth Circle Forum webpage will not load, for Chrome browser says it's unsecured and is not safe. This is first time this has happened for me. Anyone else with this problem. Thanks.

Comments

• oldbooks1oldbooks1 Champion 174
    Yes.

It looks like the certificate expired--validity seemed to be 1/1/2017-4/01/2017.
    IsamorphVoIPFanRP
  • IsamorphIsamorph MVP 25
    Ok- thanks. Thought maybe @hungryghost was April fooling with us.
    VoIPFanRP
  • Don20Don20 Pro 10
    Yes, same thing here, cannot establish a secure connection.
    VoIPFanRPIsamorph
  • ChelleChelle Moderator 121
    edited April 1
    It's working fine for a bunch of us. Several new posts and lots of comments. 

Maybe he banned you guys? 
    Isamorpholdbooks1VoIPFanRP
    It's about time.
    oldbooks1VoIPFanRP
    edited April 1
    Okay-- that was going to be the start of an April Fool's joke but I just thought of a better one.  One of you guys needs to do it, though. 

In the CellNUVO thread post, "CellNUVO is having a flash promo on NthCircle.com. Limited time offer. Just click on the pot of gold and instantly get 5000 silver (500 gold). This is awesome!" 
    Isamorpholdbooks1lexusl21VoIPFanRP
    edited April 1
    That's evil but good. Will post, but do not ban me.
    ChelleVoIPFanRP
    I promise I won't! 
    IsamorphVoIPFanRP
    We're so bad. I should ban myself. 
    IsamorphVoIPFanRP
  • hungryghosthungryghost All Star 88
    Sorry guys. My certs expired. I need to update my scripts, because they're obviously not auto-renewing the certs. Working on it.
    oldbooks1IsamorphChelleClassical_MusicVoIPFanRP
    It's back up.
    Isamorpholdbooks1Diedrich_DuoVoIPFanRP
  • lexusl21lexusl21 Pro 13
    Just plain mean lol
    ChelleVoIPFanRPIsamorph
  • hhfpphonehhfpphone Ethical Committee 222
    now it says connection refused...
  • lexusl21lexusl21 Pro 13
    April fools
    I was doing some server maintenance last night. Bigger question is, don't you guys ever sleep?
    Isamorph
  • hhfpphonehhfpphone Ethical Committee 222
    hungryghost:
    I was doing some server maintenance last night. Bigger question is, don't you guys ever sleep?

The even bigger question is... don't you ever sleep?:)
    Isamorph
    Sleep is for the weak. 
  • johntourjohntour MVP 16
    Chelle:
    Sleep is for the weak

Don't you mean sleep is for the week (yawn)?

Long time no snark with especially with R+ members going to various cell providers I rarely troll the forums anymore. I'm down to providing just 1 kid with cell service and went with Tello because of the fallback to 64k when LTE data is used up (which it is in days).  I have a spare on Pay as you go which I rarely use. I do need to find a good prepaid with data for my main cell so I'm still looking/lurking.

Chelle
    edited April 5
    My collection of phones and services has a little bit of a lot of things and, surprisingly, I've become a big fan of Freedompop's LTE SIM and even their VOIP app.

I'm using it in a locked (straight out of the box) GoPhone and the VOIP call quality I've experienced is indistinguishable from cellular.

The free plan has 200/500/1200 (including friends and gifted data, which are trivial to get) and I've got this setup on two identical phones, so I can switch, midmonth.

That gives me 400/1000/2400, which is more than sufficient, and since most people call my Google Voice number I just forward it to whichever phone I'm carrying.

Since the service has turned out to be so much better than I expected I'll probably pay for rollover on the secondary 1¢ SIMs that I got with each 99¢ SIM.  It's mostly just to keep from being a total freeloader but it'll also provide a bank of data for future use.

I don't want to pay TOO much for something they're willing to give away for free, but I also realize that you can't sustain a business by just giving stuff away.
    johntour
    Chelle:
    I've become a big fan of Freedompop's LTE SIM and even their VOIP app.

Oh, you and your apps! I'm still using Facebook lite. Now you're forcing me to hours of forum reading from R+ and Nth? So much info, so little time.

Interesting what I've read it's a love or hate relationship with FP, not many in the middle. In fact I was going to sacrifice a spare phone just to try them out before I port my decades old cell number to some unknown. Want to do some research? I tried what I usually start with for super technical data and searched CellNUVO from the huge database called YouTube. Of the 31 results, none had the word cellnuvo in the title but instead had freedompop. Did you have something to do with that? Give it a try, and thanks for the Free(dom) tip!

Chelle
  • KentEKentE Moderator 166
    johntour:
    Interesting what I've read it's a love or hate relationship with FP
    I've been following several conversations here and elsewhere about FreedomPop's VoIP.   It seems apparent to me that one's success is using their VoIP voice service may depend largely on the phone being used-- some seem to have significantly higher incidence of missing incoming calls.  

FWIW, these differing results were from very savvy users, using roughly similar devices (although not identical).  @Chelle has had very good results, but this doesn't seem to be universal.   Tests with different phones, in the same location, showed markedly different results in the success of receiving incoming calls.  The other identifiable possibility is that Chelle's experience reported above is with the FreedomPop At&T LTE SIM, and the other test results I've been following are on the Sprint BYOD service.  (On the Sprint side, some devices were pretty good about receiving incoming calls, and some were rather dismal.)

I suppose the take-away here is that the device may make a major difference, and that (unfortunately), FreedomPop does not have an easy method of changing devices on the Sprint-carrier side.  It's easy to change devices with the GSM SIM's, though-- just swap the SIM to a new device.

Chelle
    The device definitely makes a difference. VOIP voice quality with an LTE SIM works well in my unlocked Alcatel Pop 4 Plus but is almost flawless in my GoPhone LG Phoenix 2.
    KentE:
    FWIW, these differing results were from very savvy users, using roughly similar devices (although not identical).  @Chelle has had very good results, but this doesn't seem to be universal.   Tests with different phones, in the same location, showed markedly different results in the success of receiving incoming calls.  The other identifiable possibility is that Chelle's experience reported above is with the FreedomPop At&T LTE SIM, and the other test results I've been following are on the Sprint BYOD service.  (On the Sprint side, some devices were pretty good about receiving incoming calls, and some were rather dismal.)

AHHH!! So now I have to add so many handsets to the so many forums to read? With all the R+ deals of past I now have > a dozen phones just sitting around. Come think when I bought 2 Sprint Moto e from C7 last year one of them I think was locked to FP and seemed to have a custom OS screen. Being C7 they shipped out another Moto and didn't want the FP model back so I just shelved it. Need to check on that. I also have at least one Boost LG Tribute HD from the huge find last year when the $79 phone went to $49, then $29 so you couldn't afford not to buy several. Thanks to a member idea here, all were swapped into then back out with R+ to "FED proof them". 2 went to Ting then Tello and work fine. Time to look at the FP website again... 

Chelle
  • akaLTDakaLTD Moderator 115
    edited April 7
    KentE:
    It seems apparent to me that one's success is using their VoIP voice service may depend largely on the phone being used-- some seem to have significantly higher incidence of missing incoming calls.  

I did some more testing on my Stylo but really wanted to check out the LG Phoenix 2 I just got while using FreedomPop LTE SIM with Hangouts. Glad to say the Phoenix 2 was way way more reliable than my LG Stylo using CDMA ... at least during this one test session. 

Over the span of about 18 hrs and out of 20 test calls only 1 time did the Phoenix 2 using LTE sim NOT ring Hangouts.  

Sadly my LG Stylo is still hit/miss. :frowning: 

I posted my testing results here for anyone interested: https://social.ringplus.net/discussion/comment/152412/#Comment_152412

Update: And though I haven't had the Phoenix 2 very long the few calls made sounded much better using FP app then it did with Hangouts. I called my bro FP to FP from the back of the grocery store while he was driving and the call never broke up, was clear & didn't even notice any delay. Now if I can just teach him to use FP to FP to me since they're free (not including data usage if not on WiFi) and for all other calls use Hangouts, he might be all set for unlimited calling. lol 
    ChelleKentE