Total Wireless (Verizon MVNO)

Is Total Wireless' $33.25/month plan for 5 GB of LTE data with unlimited talk and text on the Verizon network matched elsewhere?

They also have additional plans as well as a non-expiring 3 GB add on for $10.

Comments

• Boom is $39.99 but taxes are included.  I don't think Total includes tax.  
  • joseph1joseph1 MVP 35
    Boom is Sprint. A lot of folks might prefer Verizon over Sprint.
  • joseph1joseph1 MVP 35
    Total also has a $23.75/month plan that includes unlimited talk and text but no data. You can use the 3 GB non-expiring $10 add on, if desired.
  • Redpocket has unlimited talk/text/1 GB LTE @ $19 + tax (with auto refill). I believe they have the same plans on all 4 carriers with Free unlimited international calling to 72 countries.

$19 plan usually comes with only 100 MB data but it shows customized plan as 1 GB LTE for same rate.
  • mmfacemmmmfacemm MVP 46
    edited March 31
    No boom is verizon as well

The $10 redpocket plan comes with 500/500100mb (or $99 on ebay for the year).  They have an annual plan with 1000/1000/500mb lte/500mb 2g for $199 on ebay
  • edited March 30
    joseph1:
    Boom is Sprint. A lot of folks might prefer Verizon over Sprint.

False. Boom! Mobile sells Verizon on "network V" as well as Sprint on "network S", att on "network A", etc.

There are certain plans on Boom! which are cheaper than Total Wireless.

For example, if you only need talk and text (and a little bit of data), then the $19.99 plans are cheaper than TW's $25 plan.
    If you only use 1GB of data, then the $24.99 per month 1GB plan is cheaper than TW's $35 per month 5GB plan.
    Even the 2GB $29.99 plan is cheaper than TW's $35 plan if you only use 2GB of data.

At $35 price point, there's a break-even point. You could get TW's $35 with 5GB or Boom! for 2GB + unlimited throttle data.

See for yourself https://www.boom.us/plans/individual  https://www.boom.us/networks#network-v

After $35 or more than 5GB data, TW's might offer more value, I haven't done the math.

Taxes are include in the price of Boom! plans. Taxes AREN'T included in the price of TW plans (but TW has autopay discount which cancel most of taxes).

Another benefit of Boom! over TW is that Boom! has Verizon roaming coverage, which TW does NOT.
  • energetic-brown-houndstooth-owl:
    Another benefit of Boom! over TW is that Boom! has Verizon roaming coverage, which TW does NOT.

Plus excellent customer service that you can understand and understands what they are doing.
  • 112059:
    Plus excellent customer service that you can understand and understands what they are doing.

Agreed. América Móvil subsidiaries have terrible customer service because they outsource to non-Native English speaking countries who can't understand the issue. Also they are incompetent when it comes to resolving the issue.

• din9alin9din9alin9 Pro 5
    edited March 31
    boom! Mobile also includes tethering which Total does not.

Be aware that there is rumor that changes re roaming MAY be afoot at boom!

From comments in this item
    http://www.prepaidphonenews.com/2017/03/selectel-to-discontinue-100-annual-plan.html?m=1

Do you use Boom? If so has roaming stopped working? I have not seen any reports of roaming issues by Boom customers.

I think what might be happening is that Boom may be planning to eliminate roaming soon. There's discussion on HowardForums about that possibility in this thread starting at post 346 where "Jeff H.", who is Boom's president and co-founder says, 

"There are certain sacrifices that will be made in order to move into other items such as HD voice ( VoLte)....we don't have all the particulars yet so please be patient and we will release it all. We are staying on the postpaid network we know that for sure."

Whatever happens I am firmly in the never America Movil camp. Carlos Slime will never see a cent from me or any mobile acct. I admin. or advise.