Cant make calls

I have a Ringplus account and a BYOD iPhone.  I have used the phone on Ringplus before & used to be able to make/receive phone calls in the past.   I am no longer able to make calls, the message says "Your account could not be validated" Dashboard says that the account is active.  Any suggestions on how I can fix this will be greatly appreciated it.

Note:  I haven't used it in 2 months but I see that my account is active and they have been taking money from my deposit.  

Comments

• R+ is out of business and Ting took over the accounts.   If you not happy with Ting you can port out of Ting.    Ting will give you $35 credit to try them out.
    VoIPFanRPRaven4679
  • Try doing a hands free activation  ##72786#
  • Raven4679Raven4679 Novice 0
    I am in the same boat as arvind_swami, how can I port to Ting when Ting web site stated "

The RingPlus migration has ended."?

• @Raven4679 ;

Probably the porting/migration is complete, but the line is not yet activated in Ting. Head over to below links to activate or port out of Ting.

https://ting.com/m/ringplus-migration-faq/
    https://ting.com/ringplus

Ting support would be helpful as well.
    Conic_EllipseVoIPFanRP
  • KentEKentE Moderator 168
    Arvy_->_அரவிந்த்:
    Probably the porting/migration is complete, but the line is not yet activated in Ting. Head over to below links to activate or port out of Ting.
    I suspect that Arvy is probably correct-- there is a good chance that 'missing' lines have migrated to Ting, and are being held as a courtesy, even if not operable.    (Ting was going to do this for a period of time that I don't believe was ever clarified.)

If I was in this position, I would first check my email files for the registered address I used at RingPlus, and see if there are emails from Ting.  At least 2 of these emails included a quick-and-easy link to finish the process on-line, whether you wished to keep service at Ting, cancel the line (and release the phone ESN), or port elsewhere.

If that doesn't work, asking the Ting staff for assistance via the Ting site, or via the dedicated thread pinned to the top of the forum,  would be a good route.   All reports I've heard are that the Ting Customer Service folks are friendly, easy to work with, and pretty good at straightening out problems.

Raven4679:
    I am in the same boat as arvind_swami, how can I port to Ting when Ting web site stated "
    As part of the migration, you didn't really have to "port" to Ting-- you just had to agree to their terms of service, since responsibility for the lines transferred to Ting automatically.. Porting out to another carrier without having any obligation to Ting is/was also easy. 

VoIPFanRP