Tpo: can you run a galaxy s3 on them?

lexusl21lexusl21 Pro 13
edited March 25 in Ask a moderator
Tpo: can you run a galaxy s3 on them?

Can a samsung galaxy s3 with built In sim card work on tpo.   The same phone that worked on r+ and on ting now.

Their checker says you need a card for gsm.  But my phone is sprint cmda. Then it shows no lte 4g   for cmda is this a checker mistake?  This phone always got lte 4g

I wonder if they answer there phone?

Samsung Galaxy S III L710

Comments

• Make sure you enter in the meid rather than the imei.  Also try both the meid hex and dec.  The meid dec will probably work.
  • mmfacemm:
    Make sure you enter in the meid rather than the imei.  Also try both the meid hex and dec.  The meid dec will probably work.
    Ok tried both and the 4g lte is not lit up.  Seems TPO is open tomorrow and I will try them and ask.   I wonder if their CMDA service in general does not have 4gLTE?

So far all numbers show CMDA 2g, 3g   and the GSM shows 2g,3g,4g
  • byeecanonbyeecanon Novice 2
    I think the S3 L710 will only give you 3G, not 4G LTE.  There are a few models of the S3 that will work on LTE but I don't think the L710 is one of them.  I know that on T-Mobile, the T-999 only gives you HSPA+, but you get get LTE on the T-999L.
  • Just because their checker doesn't light up 4g doesn't mean you won't get it especially if your phone got lte with ringplus
    VoIPFanRP
  • A device reset might fix it.

I have a nexus 5x and seemed to loose LTE each time i swap Sprint MVNOs. Have swapped from R+ to Ting and then to TPO now. Each time i lost 4G LTE. Ting helped me with sending a free sim, but still LTE didnt work. Did device reset and it fixed the issue.

Had to do the same when i switched to TPO as well.
  • joseph1joseph1 MVP 35
    TPO runs on either the Sprint CDMA or T-Mobile GSM network, depending on which you choose.
  • mmfacemm:
    Just because their checker doesn't light up 4g doesn't mean you won't get it especially if your phone got lte with ringplus

I called them and that is exactly what they said.   They having checker issues
    VoIPFanRP
  • byeecanon:
    I think the S3 L710 will only give you 3G, not 4G LTE.  There are a few models of the S3 that will work on LT
    This phone ALWAYS got 4glte

On 3 carriers

1) Sprint
    2) r+
    3) Ting

I see no reason why it won't get 4glte on TPO

I called them and they said disregard the checker.  They having issues with it

VoIPFanRP
  • Is TPO Talk cellular and NOT VOIP?
  • joseph1joseph1 MVP 35
    It is cellular, not VoIP.
  • joseph1:
    It is cellular, not VoIP.

Thank you

What have you heard about them?  Are they good or bad?    I remember R+ having bad reviews and it worked out fine for me

• joseph1joseph1 MVP 35
    They use either Sprint or T-Mobile, whichever you initially chose. Their prices seem pretty good.
  • yes I personally used a s3 l710 on TPO. 
    For starters though the activation didn;t work properly on it so I had to do a ##msl# and manually program my phone number and such into it. Then after that I could get 3g by switching to cdma in network settings but no 4G LTE. I had to call TPO and get them to enable 4G LTE on their end which is BS.  It's disabled by default so you have to call and get them to enable it in their system. But yes a Sprint based S3 will work with TPO and get 4G LTE 
  • BrentskyBoodle:
    It's disabled by default so you have to call and get them to enable it in their system. But yes a Sprint based S3 will work with TPO and get 4G LTE 

That is why the checker shows 4glte grayed out?    They told me it was a faulty checker

Thanks so much for the heads up

• PSantosPSantos RingPlus 3
    TPO has both GSM and CDMA plans.

Feel free to check out their deals on their website.

https://store.tpo.com/plans