2 Months FREE TextNow Service

TextNow_CMTextNow_CM Verified Poster 5
edited February 27 in Cell Service | Expired by: Classifieds | Is this deal Expired ?

Special Offer for RingPlus Users!

If you’re still looking for different carrier options to migrate your service,  TextNow is offering 2 months of free service to RingPlus customers who port their numbers over.   TextNow also works on the nationwide Sprint Network and has phone plans starting at $13.99 a month.  Porting into TextNow is easy, and there are no additional fees. Here’s more information about this offer: https://goo.gl/kVTBpl

Feel free to email orders@textnow.com with any questions.

Link

oldbooks1Tech-Stitchwireless-onyx-pinstriped-soup-327359VoIPFanRP

Comments

• Does TextNow use VoIP still or did they switch to Sprint's 2g Call Network?
  • HoudiniHoudini Novice 0
    They use both, can make calls with wifi and data off and over wifi
    VoIPFanRP
  • allwellallwell Novice 1
    TextNow app is great, have been using it for years.  Too bad our last line with ringplus was just ported to Ting, otherwise would port to TextNow.
    Have not seen any $35 credit on Ting account yet. Not plan to stay with Ting, tried to use a $2 virtual visa but got  PuRSE error: Insufficient Funds. tx_id:...
    Fare well to Ringplus, we will miss your service.  Fare well to the great community members here as well ...

Conic_EllipseCrimson_Tide
  • allwellallwell Novice 1
    Turns out Ting charges $1 for Visa authorization.  The card I used must have fallen below that.
    VoIPFanRP
  • VoIPFanRPVoIPFanRP All Star 73
    For members who control family accounts, please be aware of the following:

• TextNow only allows one line/device per e-mail address.

• Pricing includes all taxes and fees. :)

Should you need more e-mail addresses for a family migration, the following topic is a work-around for the issue:

Paul_Sth
  • Hello Textnow, I just migrated my Ringplus account to Ting, so I'm now a Ting customer...Can I still be eligible for this offer?
  • DONT*** I ported over one weekago and they got rid of my number of 15 years......
  • nycnyc Novice 0
    There are multiple plans shown on your site.  What plans are included in the 2 month free offer?
  • splendid-rose-fractal-fireworks-473888:
    DONT*** I ported over one weekago and they got rid of my number of 15 years......

Was it Textnow or Ringplus that lost your number. When porting, if the carrier you are leaving doesn't respond to the carrier you are porting to there can be many problems. I remember complaints of so many people having problems porting out of Ringplus over the last 2 weeks, many complaining of losing numbers.
    VoIPFanRP
  • I have posted a referral code for getting additional $20 account credit in addition to the 2 month free service. Get the code here:
    https://social.ringplus.net/discussion/comment/149562/#Comment_149562
  • TextNow_CMTextNow_CM Verified Poster 5
    awesome-tangello-wavy-turkey-14338:
    Hello Textnow, I just migrated my Ringplus account to Ting, so I'm now a Ting customer...Can I still be eligible for this offer?

Yes! We are still honoring the offer for RingPlus user who migrated to Ting.  Feel free to port. 
    nyc:
    There are multiple plans shown on your site.  What plans are included in the 2 month free offer?

All plans are included in the offer.  Choose the one that best suits your needs and get 2 free months of service. 
    VoIPFanRP
  • Hi, if I buy a phone/plan on your site, how do I know if it's CDMA or GSM before ordering it? For example, what's the sub-model for the Moto G (3rd Gen) that you're selling?
    furry-coral-wavy-phone-368674:
    Hi, if I buy a phone/plan on your site, how do I know if it's CDMA or GSM before ordering it? For example, what's the sub-model for the Moto G (3rd Gen) that you're selling?

All of the current devices for sale on our site are CDMA devices. 
    VoIPFanRPakaLTD
  • TextNow_CM:
    All plans are included in the offer.  Choose the one that best suits your needs and get 2 free months of service. 

How long will the free 2 month offer for RP users last till? Most of us will leave Ting after our free month with Ting ends on March 24.
  • akaLTDakaLTD Moderator 115
    splendid-rose-fractal-fireworks-473888:
    DONT*** I ported over one weekago and they got rid of my number of 15 years......
    This would be something you need to contact TextNow support about. Have you done so? How did they respond? Was the issue resolved? Are they working on it?

THAT would be helpful info, simply posting a blanket statement based on one incident by one person is NOT.

This whole RingPlus situation was a unique one and problems are bound to crop up but to try to denigrate a company based on one incident is doing TextNow and RingPlus members a disservice.

• DeezDeez MVP 18
    TextNow_CM:
    Hello Textnow, I just migrated my Ringplus account to Ting, so I'm now a Ting customer...Can I still be eligible for this offer?

Yes! We are still honoring the offer for RingPlus user who migrated to Ting.  Feel free to port. 

How do I port from Ting? Ting has a phone number, account number, and a PIN. So do I use use my phone number with or without the dashes in between, or do I use the account number in the form? (https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSc6evhmZycTWeGixiz2QYl2BjKuyjaVdwrJFx22qTEBrOhHtg/viewform)
    For the PIN, do I use the one on RingPlus or Ting?  Please help! Urgent!
  • If you have already activated your account with Ting, then definitely use the account # and PIN from the account settings dashboard.  I don't think there is strong validation on that format, so I would both the phone # and Ting Account # in the form's Phone # field.  
  • KentEKentE Moderator 168
    Deez:
    ow do I port from Ting? Ting has a phone number, account number, and a PIN. So do I use use my phone number with or without the dashes in between, or do I use the account number in the form?
    Since Ting is holding all the ex-RP #'s at this point, you'll need to use the credentials supplied by Ting, so that they can/will accept the port-out request.  You'll need to use the Ting PIN, as well.  
        It might be possible, as housecat recommended above, to enter both your phone # and the Ting Account # in that field.  The Ting Account number is necessary, though.
       The alternative would be to follow the 'standard' TextNow sign-up route, and enter the porting information that way.  Since most telecoms don't use the phone # itself as the account #, fields for entering both should appear.   Then you'd probably need to follow up with TextNow Customer Support to verify that you would like the RingPlus special discount..

• How long did the port out from Ting to TextNow take to complete?  TextNow indicates it can take 3-5 days -- wondering if it really is taking that long since Ting indicates they process a port out within 2 hours.
  • The offer has expired.
    VoIPFanRP