Twigby

TwigbyTwigby Verified Poster 6
edited June 17 in Cell Service Is this deal Expired ?

RingPlus customers – get your first month free!

Let us start off by saying we are excited that so many RingPlus customers have begun switching to Twigby! It’s a great time for you to switch to our ultra-low price cell phone plans.  We want to create the easiest transition for you to bring your phone and number to us.

Even better, your first month is on us (whatever plan you choose) when you bring your RingPlus phone and/or number to Twigby.

Listed below are the steps to transfer your RingPlus phone and number to Twigby.

Step 1 – Log into your RingPlus account dashboard and click on Port-out/Port-in under the Account Features section. In the top right-hand corner, you will see Port-out Information you will need to be able to transfer your number to Twigby.

Step 2 – Simply click here to check your phone for compatibility with Twigby.  If your phone is compatible and you wish to start service with Twigby, simply follow the steps through our website starting with choosing the type of phone number you wish to use with Twigby.

Step 3 – Once you reach the order summary page and before hitting the Purchase button, please make sure to enter the code RINGPLUS to get your first month of service on us!  You will only be responsible for taxes (which is typically less than $1) and soaking up the savings!

When you transfer your number from RingPlus to Twigby, it will take a little longer than normal phone number transfers, since your phone must first deactivate at RingPlus before it activating on Twigby. Please also keep in mind that RingPlus must approve your number transfer, and they may only do so during their business hours — meaning weekends may unfortunately add a day.

Once this is completed, we’ll take it from there and contact you by email or phone to complete your activation.

If you have any further questions about this process, our live chat is available Monday-Friday from 8am-9pm CST and Saturdays from 10am-7pm CST. Just simply click here and then click the “Chat now” icon located in the lower right hand corner of this screen. You can also email us anytime at twigby.support@twigby.com.

Again, we would like to say thank you to every RingPlus customer that has been speaking so highly of our service. Once you become a customer, we can repay you not only with a free month of service, but also with our $20 referral program.

We look forward to exceeding your expectations as we continually strive to deliver the most value at the lowest price in the cell phone service industry.

Note: When you activated your phone with RingPlus they assigned a Master Subsidy Lock (MSL) code.   For Twigby to reprogram your phone, we’ll need to have the MSL code.   It’s a 6-digit code that was assigned to you from RingPlus.   This may also be referred to as your PIN number.  If you don’t know your code, it’s listed in your RingPlus account information or many subscribers received it in an email from RingPlus.   If you are having problems reaching RingPlus and don’t have the code, please chat with us online prior to porting.   We can help you and hopefully avoid any future delay in the port process that occurs by not having the MSL code.   Thank you for your patience.

Additional links to helpful information:

Twigby Plans https://www.twigby.com/page/howitworks

Twigby Coverage https://www.twigby.com/page/coverage

Bring your RingPlus Phone Check  https://www.twigby.com/page/byod

Get a new phone during our 20% off sale https://www.twigby.com/shop/twigby-phones

A little more about us https://www.twigby.com/page/whyus

Customer reviews https://www.twigby.com/page/reviews

Referral program https://www.twigby.com/page/referral

Standard policies and terms https://www.twigby.com/page/policiesandterms

Link

Crimson_Tide

Comments

• mmfacemmmmfacemm MVP 47
    edited April 27
    FREE MONTH PROMO CODES - FREE2START or RINGPLUS.   Both still work as of 27 April 2017
  • frank-rufrank-ru Novice 1
    yes, twigby is sprint mvno. they also use verizon for roaming
    Extraterrestrial_ZoologistCrimson_Tide
  • PromozePromoze All Star 125
    edited February 6
    frank-ru:
    yes, twigby is sprint mvno. they also use verizon for roaming
    Twigby's Verizon roaming is only for text and voice, but it's also FREE! (i.e. no roaming charges).
    https://social.ringplus.net/discussion/comment/140634/#Comment_140634
    frank-rudogged-but-not-dogmatic1_to_rememberExtraterrestrial_Zoologistblue_skiesVoIPFanRP
  • Ben727Ben727 Novice 0
    can any one help me here I have few numbers with ring plus they are so unreachable I don't know what do to wait but I don't wan lose my numbers  and i have bunch off money in my account , anyone know what I should do ? or what i need to do
  • Looks expensive to me but a free month then onto ting or elsewhere is cool.
    Twigby is only $12/mo for a decent plan on Sprint that includes voice/text roaming on Verizon.  Also, unlimited texting and unlimited 2g data.
    Extraterrestrial_Zoologistblue_skiesVoIPFanRP
  • $12 for unlimited calling?
  • hhfpphonehhfpphone Ethical Committee 222
    $9 for unlimited calling.  $3 for 150MB LTE then unlimited 3G.  So, $12.
    dogged-but-not-dogmatic
  • mmfacemmmmfacemm MVP 47
    edited February 7
    hhfpphone:

No it is $9 for 200 minutes and unlimited texting and $3 for 150mb LTE with unlimited 2g.  So $12.   Very tempting with verizon roaming.  My tello plan costs $7 though and i send about 100 texts a year!

blue_skieshhfpphoneVoIPFanRP
    edited February 7
    mmfacemm:
    No it is $9 for 200 minutes and unlimited texting and $3 for 150mb LTE with unlimited 2g.  So $12.   Very tempting with verizon roaming.  My tello plan costs $7 though and i send about 100 texts a year!
    That's pretty much how I looked at it.  But I had free roaming back when I had Sprint SERO, and roaming showed on my bills.  I looked over quite a few months of my bills and found I hardly ever used roaming.  With my usage, Tello paygo average monthly could be $5 or so.

Someone claimed he used Tello 2g data with the textnow VoIP app, so Twigby should be similar in that regard.  That would be one way to get "unlimited" calling so to speak with the $12 plan.  Of course, if you have home internet, you could use that when at home for your VoIP calls.
    blue_skiesmmfacemmVoIPFanRP
  • I have an att phone with a truphone sim I will keep in the car in case I get stuck without sprint coverage.  Switch out a freedompop ATT LTE sim if I need more data that I can keep in the car too.   So I guess that covers me for roaming!  Verizon is probably better but I haven't be stuck without coverage anywhere I have been yet.  
    VoIPFanRP
  • Twigby is a far better choice as compared with the Ting porting-by-default deal, looks like we'll be using them soon.
    They are much lower cost then Ting and even less than Tello.

Also trying to gain confirmation that Cellnuvo will waive their $29 fee for the 'free' deal - and if so, the lines we have that won't go to Twigby will go there.

We'll make our own choices - thanks anyhow RP.
    dogged-but-not-dogmaticLinda_SVoIPFanRP
  • How do you figure that Twigby is less than Tello? Tello has unlimited calling for $15.
  • For our uses with 2 lines, Twigby - $24/mo = $288/yr....Tello $26/mo = $312/yr...Ting $35/mo = $420/yr;
    That's a big spread in pricing for very similar allotments.

The math looks like this=> 420 - 288 = 132 difference between Twigby & Ting.
    Twice of the $60 bonuses is $120 to subtract from that $132 difference;
    So, even if we can get $60 per 2 accounts in credit for a year, it is still $12 more with the main benefit being the included roaming that both Ting & Twigby seem to offer - and if we'd stay with Ting it really goes up in price after that 1st year !!

An aside:
    Even if Ting generously credits our $83 in existing top-up at rp, it still only offsets part of the costs that 1st year for their higher priced deals - and they are a very new/young company besides.

• joseph1:
    How do you figure that Twigby is less than Tello? Tello has unlimited calling for $15.

Tello is cheaper but Twigby's comes with unlimited texting free and verizon roaming. Twigby is a bit more expensive but has that verizon roaming.  

Extraterrestrial_Zoologistdogged-but-not-dogmaticVoIPFanRP
    edited February 7
    If I had decided to go with a "plan" instead of "paygo," I would have tried Twigby for $12/mo vs. Tello $12/mo.   But with Tello's paygo option, I'm starting off there hoping to have an average bill around $5/mo, but if I end up needing more allotments later, I'll consider Twigby vs. Tello for a plan.

I started a Tello plan for a family member, and the taxes were 9.5% vs. the 18% for my paygo top up.  My R+ taxes were always about 18%.  It didn't matter how much I had to top up or chose to top up, it always came up to about 18% with R+ and Tello paygo, but the Tello plan is taxed lower than the Tello paygo or R+.
    blue_skiesrptao1VoIPFanRP
  • Can you change plans each month?
  • frank-rufrank-ru Novice 1
    the free month that twigby usually offers is only if someone brings their phone. the ringplus offer is good for transferring your number and you can still get a phone discount on top (if you also wanted a new phone)
  • dkh3585dkh3585 Novice 1
    hhfpphone:

I would port to Twigby right away if unlimited calling is $9!

mmfacemm:
    Can you change plans each month?
    I don't know about that, but you better enable overage protection when you sign up, otherwise, if you use up an allotment, they bump you up to the next level for that allotment for the rest of the month at the additional cost, even if you only need a few extra minutes, and supposedly you can't enable overage protection later.  Also enjoy unlimited 2g after you data allotment runs out.
    dkh3585:
    I would port to Twigby right away if unlimited calling is $9!
    It might work for unlimited VoIP calling with the free textnow VoIP and Twigby's unlimited 2g 64 kbps data for unlimited calling as reported by @DominicanBrodda as has been done with Tello's throttled 2g at 64 kbps.
    https://social.ringplus.net/discussion/comment/138100/#Comment_138100
    VoIPFanRP
    I mentioned Twigby a few days back.  Early on, no one seemed interested, but the Twigby chatter has picked up since then.
    https://social.ringplus.net/discussion/comment/139811/#Comment_139811
    IsamorphExtraterrestrial_ZoologistVoIPFanRP
  • Marc_the_Par:
    Tello looks better

Do you offer roaming?  Unfortunately, we do not offer roaming services or national roaming at this time.

Guess that means for me, Twigby looks better.  It's all relative.
  • Promoze:
    mmfacemm:
    Can you change plans each month?
    I don't know about that, but you better enable overage protection when you sign up, otherwise, if you use up an allotment, they bump you up to the next level for that allotment for the rest of the month at the additional cost, even if you only need a few extra minutes, and supposedly you can't enable overage protection later.  Also enjoy unlimited 2g after you data allotment runs out.
    I received a reply from twigby within 24 hours saying yes you can.