SIM card, ting, and tello

Hey everyone,

Unfortunately my phone died a few days ago and I had to get a new one before this whole situation is sorted out. I picked up a moto g4. I have a few questions if someone is willing to help me out!

Can I/how can I reuse the SIM card from my LG Volt? I haven't been able to find anything about its compatibility. They're the same size. It came with a boost mobile sim card that worked fine on R+. From what I've googled it seems like I'll have to disable my dead LG Volt - I couldn't find a way to do this online. Am I just missing something?

If the answer to the previous is no: If I do buy another SIM card, my plan is currently to use the credit on Ting and, assuming they don't wow me (I'm single line low usage so the rates are higher than I'd like) switch over to Tello. Would the SIM card I can buy directly from Sprint work for all three carriers (R+, Ting, Tello)? If not, is there a card that would?

Thanks so much everyone!

Comments

• I'm pretty sure that a SIM card from Sprint will work on it's MVNOs (R+, Ting, Tello). If you're a low usage user, you might check out CellNuvo.
    sleek-blue-pinstriped-toad-151550
  • Okay cool. I answered my first question too - it's not compatible. Funny how you always find the answer after half an hour of searching doesn't turn up anything. Thanks so much!
  • No, you can't use the Volt's sim in the Moto G4.

You need SIMGLW446C:
    https://ting.com/shop/nanoc5

or the Sprint sim kit for $3:
    http://shop.sprint.com/mysprint/shop/accessory/ao_details.jsp?accSKU=105500049

sleek-blue-pinstriped-toad-151550VoIPFanRP
  • PromozePromoze All Star 124
    Not every SIM will work in every model of phone, so I would just leave the SIM in the Volt and keep it as a usable phone and buy the correct SIM for your Moto G4.  And yes, once you get the correct Sprint SIM that is compatible with that model of phone, it will work on any of the Sprint MVNO's.
    sleek-blue-pinstriped-toad-151550VoIPFanRP
  • Y'all are awesome! 
    VoIPFanRP
  • GrubsGrubs Novice 3
    the $3 sim does work in the g4, I used the same one in my G4 Play