Auto transfer from RingPlus to Ting experience

rptao1rptao1 Pro 13
edited February 21 in Members Welcoming Members
I want to say thank you to R+ team for the fun time using your technology. Also, thanks Ting for offering the credit for soon formerly R+ users.

We have a few lines eligible for auto-transfer at this point and I want to find out from other members' experience with the auto-transfer from R+ to Ting. Please share your experience. Thanks.
VoIPFanRP

Comments

• jamielihjamielih Moderator 127
    Unless it has already happened & I am not aware that it has happened, please continue discussion at either https://social.ringplus.net/discussion/11476/ting-ringplus#latest or https://social.ringplus.net/discussion/11663/info-about-ting-ports-and-forum#latest until auto transfer has occured, at which point, please request a mod to re-open this discussion.
  • The first iPhone went through the Ting migration very smoothly. It took about an hour to have it all switched over, starting with confirming the welcome email, create a Ting acct w/CC info to final phone resetting carrier. Good job by RingPlus/Sprint/Ting team.
    VoIPFanRP
  • Migration over to Ting was also very smooth on my end. One question though... Do I cancel/remove my credit card from R+ or will this be done automatically? Thanks.
  • The second number on LG Tribute HD went over in about 20 minutes times. It was also a seamless migration experience.
    VoIPFanRP
  • Christoph:
    Do I cancel/remove my credit card from R+

I manually removed the CC info on R+ system after Ting migration just to be proactive about it.

VoIPFanRP
  • @rptao1 Thanks for responding. I wasn't sure whether I'd make a mess of things if I removed my CC info myself.. I feel that R+ accounts should automatically be deactivated, as well as CC info removed, once ported. I've read where others have had trouble removing their CC info and that another one was needed, just to keep the R+ account active. I will try removing mine for the account.
  • Ok.. so I removed my CC info from R+. All seems good there but do I also need to click on "Cancel this Plan" since it sees my account as being "Active"? Like I mentioned earlier, I've successfully been ported to Ting.
  • Phone & number went active instantly on Ting account upon acceptance, no porting delay.  RP dashboard still shows the line as active.  Phone was on the free Mad Avatar plan and credit card is expired, so not worried about getting billed if I don't manually cancel the line---Hard to give up on a free plan like that, even if you can't use it anymore!

BTW - I added line to an existing Ting account, and as a result, the $6 monthly fee for the new line from RP seems to have been pro-rated for the rest of the billing cycle.

VoIPFanRP
  • Ting charged my Credit card after I submitted my CC information.
    how much did they charge you guy ?
  • DucNg004:
    Ting charged my Credit card after I submitted my CC information.
    how much did they charge you guy ?
    It's a test charge to confirm your card is valid.  It will probably drop off after a couple of days.   I have a $1 pending charge.

VoIPFanRP
  • blibli Pro 11
    DON'T cancel ringplus account after migrated. My line becomes expired after cancelled ringplus.  :'(
  • Three lines migrated from ringplus to ting, only one line works now.
    One samsung III, two iphone 6, after the migaration, all devices are under my ting account and the status are active.
    Now:
    1 Samsung phone works just fine.
    2. The fist iphone 6 show "no sim card",  tried to remove and reintall the sim, still no working.
    3. The second iphone 6 shows "no service", "you phone is not activated",  ##clear#, ##update# all failed

VoIPFanRP
  • akula1488akula1488 MVP 45
    edited February 22
    oGnomekoP:
    Three lines migrated from ringplus to ting, only one line works now.
    One samsung III, two iphone 6, after the migaration, all devices are under my ting account and the status are active.
    Now:
    1 Samsung phone works just fine.
    2. The fist iphone 6 show "no sim card",  tried to remove and reintall the sim, still no working.
    3. The second iphone 6 shows "no service", "you phone is not activated",  ##clear#, ##update# all failed

maybe that is a good thing. You are already minus $18 out of the $35 credit; phones #2 and phone #3 will not use any data so phone #1 can have all the data pool by itself so you don't run out of $35 credit in merely days.
  • Christoph:
    click on "Cancel this Plan"

No advantage to click cancel so why do so ...is my thought.

VoIPFanRPChristoph
  • alsals Pro 11
    Be proactive! Remove cc card information from Ringplus.
     You don't want that info showing up in the wayback machine years later!
    oldbooks1TARDIS
  • @bli There is something not quite right here. If you ported and migrated to another company, why has your line become expired after cancelling RingPlus. When you say expired, di you loose your number?
    @rptao1 There may not be any advantage but I no longer want to be associated with R+. My account still shows "active" and I've migrated to Ting. Something quite fishy with the way R+ handled this part of it.
    @als I did cancel CC so all good there. Like you say, don't need info showing up years later.
  • Christoph:
    There may not be any advantage

OTOH, a disadvantage "may be" cancelling will cause R+/Ting inter-systems sfer error and you end up with loss of phone number and lost of account. I'm speculating here ..If you want to cancel, wait a week or two when your Ting acct is up and running smoothly, then move to cancel.

BTW, my Ting acct shows that I have no active device associated with the account usage but on the other tab, it shows the correct device with all proper information of the device. I'm letting it go for a week and see if Ting system catches up to itself.

ChristophVoIPFanRP
  • Good advice, rptao1. Waiting a week or so would make sense. Cheers!
    VoIPFanRP
  • I had a bump on the road of my own making, but Ting helped me overcome it via chat.
    VoIPFanRP
  • I was on HOLD for 43 minutes and then it hung up on me.   Nice ting. :s

When I called back they got me someone to help.  So all in all they tried.   They were overwhelmed today
  • eric12eric12 Novice 1
    No issues, but I was never able to select a plan with Ting, put me on XS everything. Put the port request in to Google Voice on day one of the transition and it was done in exactly 24 hours. Am now using FP.
  • How do you get the $35 credit? I have 3 lines that auto migrated and they did not receive the $35. :(
  • The generous $35 credit (to help with lost rp top ups for which Ting is not obligated) did not show up for me. I contacted ting cs on 2/21 and they said it will appear in 1-2 days. I inquired again on 2/23 with no response. I consider the $35 credit a lip service promise. Lowered expectations lead to pleasant surprises. 

The first charge to my cc and I'm gone to cellnuvo.
  • VoIPFanRPVoIPFanRP All Star 73
    eric12:
    No issues, but I was never able to select a plan with Ting, put me on XS everything.

There are no plans on Ting.  Everyone starts out at 0, then moves to the XS (extra small) "bucket size" for a given category (voice, sms, data).  As usage of a category increases, the "bucket size" increases.

Bling_Plus:
    How do you get the $35 credit? I have 3 lines that auto migrated and they did not receive the $35.
    refugee_from_49:
    The generous $35 credit (to help with lost rp top ups for which Ting is not obligated) did not show up for me. I contacted ting cs on 2/21 and they said it will appear in 1-2 days. I inquired again on 2/23 with no response. I consider the $35 credit a lip service promise. Lowered expectations lead to pleasant surprises. 

Ting credits will be issued before the end of the current billing period... the migration load stress-tested their servers (off-line for a little while).

• akaLTDakaLTD Moderator 115
    eric12:
    No issues, but I was never able to select a plan with Ting
    Ting does not have plans. You pay for what you used at the end of the month. Please refer to their Rates page. https://ting.com/rates

You can set limits if you want to insure you don't go into the next "tier"

Christoph:
    My account still shows "active" and I've migrated to Ting. Something quite fishy with the way R+ handled this part of it.
    Nothing fishy about it since Fluidcall is still active for those wanting to use it. In order to do so you'd need the R+ credentials as shown in your account.

lexusl21:
    I was on HOLD for 43 minutes and then it hung up on me. 

To be expected with the huge number of R+ members calling them. I chatted with Ting today. Waited for rep for less than 1 minute and the issue resolved in less than 10 mins.

Bling_Plus:
    How do you get the $35 credit? I have 3 lines that auto migrated and they did not receive the $35.

It will show up just give it some time. This was a huge undertaking and the priority was to insure R+ members didn't lose their numbers and service disruption was kept to minimum. That has been achieve for the most part. And now they'll get to the $35 credit and top ups.

rptao1VoIPFanRP