I will PayPal someone $20 to resolve ticket #77667

My number is ported, but the phone imei is being held, and the number still shows in my dashboard.  If issue is resolved by close of business 2.14.17, just send me your email address and I will paypal you $20.  

Comments

• Get a new simcard. or wait.

• arrynrobarrynrob All Star 48
    edited February 14
    Cancel the plan for this line in your R+ dashboard (Or wait).  Give to your favorite charity.
    VoIPFanRPoldbooks1
  • Soteria1Soteria1 All Star 48
    arrynrob:
    Give to your favorite charity.

Wow !!
    You're back! :)
    Just in time for RingExit!!
    Nice to see you Purple One!!
     :) 

arrynrobVoIPFanRPakaLTDAurminoldbooks11_to_remember
  • Jc4pcsJc4pcs Novice 3
    New SIM didn't work...  
    Soteria1:
    Wow !!
    You're back!
    Just in time for RingExit!!
    Nice to see you Purple One!!

@Soteria1 ;
    Nice to see you too (and on hungryghost's forum)!  Wouldn't miss this for the world... ;-)
    Soteria1
    @Jc4pcs
    When you check IMEI/MEID at Ting, does it say device active/in use?
    https://ting.com/byod

VoIPFanRPoldbooks11_to_remember
  • Jc4pcsJc4pcs Novice 3
    Ting shows I can activate. Sprint says Hmmm… this number doesn't match our records, please try again. for both the IMEI and the MEID of the iphone... 
  • Soteria1Soteria1 All Star 48
    Dearly Beloved!!
    Are we gonna let
    de- exit bring us down?
    Oh, no let's go!
    Let's go crazy!
    Everything`ll - Be - Alright!  :) LOL
    arrynrobVoIPFanRPoldbooks1
    Jc4pcs:
    Ting shows I can activate. Sprint says Hmmm… this number doesn't match our records, please try again. for both the IMEI and the MEID of the iphone... 
    Is this a Boost/Virgin phone?
  • Jc4pcsJc4pcs Novice 3
    Nope.  Paid outright Iphone 6S+ 64GB  unlocked originally on Sprint.... 
    edited February 14
    Jc4pcs:
    Nope.  Paid outright Iphone 6S+ 64GB  unlocked originally on Sprint.... 
    Does Ting BYOD check show you can activate for GSM and CDMA, or only GSM?

If CDMA, does it show device as currently active?
    VoIPFanRPoldbooks11_to_remember
  • Jc4pcsJc4pcs Novice 3
    I guess I will try @arrynrob suggestion of canceling, my fear is I won't be able to open a ticket with RP if I do...  
  • Jc4pcsJc4pcs Novice 3
    both CDMA and GSM... It was a Sprint Iphone but GSM unlocked... 
  • Jc4pcsJc4pcs Novice 3
    Does not show active on Ting...  http://d.pr/i/fpKW
  • blibli Pro 11
    @Jc4pcs, You can activate your phone at ting, with $25 referral credit https://z9ts166j33i.ting.com  , if success, then cancel it on ting. This way you will be totally safe.
    Based on this evidence, I don't think the MEID is tied up.  If the number has ported, you can cancel the plan in R+ dashboard.  Whether this will make a difference activating on Sprint postpaid is uncertain.  I have read anecdotes online of Sprint (inadvertently) knocking a postpaid device off their whitelist when unlocking, but never that the device would remain only on MVNO whitelists.  Best bet may be to visit a Sprint corporate-owned store to take care of this.
    oldbooks1
  • If you have not closed the ringplus line, you can try swap in dummy ESN/ICCID to free your phone from the system. PM me if you need a pair
    Xanth413
  • You need call this number 888-211-4727 (sprint ) to request for release your phone's IMEI in their database. You just need to provide IMEI of your phone and tell them the phone was locked by sprint. They will verify and let you know why it is locked and you can ask to escalate this case to a higher level team and they can unlock the phone during the call.

• @Jc4pcs ;Did you do a carrier reset? 
  • Carrier reset won't help it will only discard information on your phone not at sprint

oldbooks11_to_rememberVoIPFanRP
  • StoogeStooge Novice 0
    edited February 14
    I had the same exact problem with Sprint ( Hmmm… this number doesn't match our records, please try again)  I activated the phone with Ting then deactivated the phone with Ting. Once that was done, I successfully activated it with Sprint.  If that works for you, I expect my $20....lol
    oldbooks1VoIPFanRP
  • It's possible that the phone can be activated on Ting (While using sprint network) but it doesn't mean this phone is GSM unlocked. If you want to use the phone with other GSM carrier, it will be stuck and you will find it's still being locked by Sprint. 
    VoIPFanRP
  • PromozePromoze All Star 125
    This sounds similar to what I posted about here:
    https://social.ringplus.net/discussion/comment/147311/#Comment_147311
    After I ported and confirmed number and phone were working on Tello, I simply canceled the line that showed on my dashboard.
    VoIPFanRP
  • Jc4pcsJc4pcs Novice 3
    @arrynrob  I took the risk and closed the account once I was sure the number had successfully ported (and I activated on a different phone).  Within a few hours, the IMEI was free to activate on my new service.  I have donated $20 to the local community theater.   Thank you.  
    oldbooks1arrynrobVoIPFanRPSoteria1