It is all over. Ringplus dismisses lawsuit.

Comments

• akaLTD:
    Maybe whoever found and posted the lawsuit to begin with could check that for us.

Yes, well, it's like this.  RingPlus has dismissed the lawsuit, with prejudice.  It's well, and truly, over.  See attached file.

conservative-emerald-glossy-mousepad-428068ZubrinVoIPFanRPkaljorakaLTDMax.FrostSoteria1
  • VOIP-dave:
    RingPlus has dismissed the lawsuit, with prejudice.

Very interesting --- RP and Sprint truly must have come to some sort of out-of-court settlement agreement to do that.
  • VOIP-dave:
    Yes, well, it's like this.  RingPlus has dismissed the lawsuit, with prejudice.  It's well, and truly, over.  See attached file.

Does "with prejudice" mean that they cannot file this lawsuit again?

• bpsbps MVP 20
    "its" been over or quite some time now
    Extraterrestrial_Zoologistjerrya
  • "This is the end".   Jim Morrison and the Doors iconic song on their 1967 debut album.

And now 50 years later.
    Soteria1
  • LOL, I had missed that update about them dismissing the lawsuit. Thanks for sharing.
    Conic_Ellipse
  • Now they are free to get the dialers to us.
    yodelyfish
  • dialers please
    yodelyfish
  • Now what happens?
  • Presumably this was done in exchange for Sprint extending the cut-off until the 21st.  If so, Ring Plus probably only filed the lawsuit in the first place to get some leverage to get an extension.  So in that respect, they were trying to help out their members even when they knew the end was here.
    Extraterrestrial_ZoologistResultOneenergetic-brown-houndstooth-owljamielihdogged-but-not-dogmaticHungry_Hogyfn34
  • kaljor:
    Does "with prejudice" mean that they cannot file this lawsuit again?

That's exactly what it means.
    kaljorVoIPFanRP
  • How can we view the rest of it ? Anyone have a link ?
  • Max.Frost:
    How can we view the rest of it ? Anyone have a link ?

Perhaps you could take the initiative.
  • kaljorkaljor Pro 8
    edited February 13
    Max.Frost:
    How can we view the rest of it ? Anyone have a link ?

I just assumed it is a one page document.  What else is there to say except "I withdraw my lawsuit"

EDIT: I just looked at it again, and it says at the top Page 1 of 2. The first page is the title page and the second page just says "I withdraw".  That seems to be the whole enchilada (or Mad Enchilada if you like!)

jamielihResultOneVoIPFanRP
  • Sad day indeed. A valor efforts on RingPlus to buy more times for its members to find a different carriers and for RP to find a carrier for which members can migrate to and in this case, Ting. For that, am grateful!
  • Max.FrostMax.Frost Pro 11
    edited February 13
    atalleof:

Perhaps you can not worry about me , I help people on here enough I can ask if anyone has a link . You should have anticipated that and posted the link to start with if you really want to be informative . I really have a choice word when I think of you that begins with smart and ends wiith *** but I won't type it here  .

• kaljor:
    Ring Plus probably only filed the lawsuit in the first place to get some leverage to get an extension.

Perhaps, but filing lawsuits isn't cheap.
  • VoIPFanRPVoIPFanRP All Star 73
    VOIP-dave:

@VOIP-dave ,  Thanks for the latest information.

liberal-almond-matte-spider-203286:
    Very interesting --- RP and Sprint truly must have come to some sort of out-of-court settlement agreement to do that.

Another possibility is Chapter 7 or Chapter 13 for the cellular side...

• Max.Frost:
    atalleof:

Perhaps you can not worry about me , I help people on here enough I can ask if anyone has a link . You should have anticipated that and posted the link to start with if you really want to be informative . I really have a choice word when I think of you that begins with smart and ends wiith *** but I won't type it here  .

I am aghast!

• That is definitely sad to see RingPlus disappear.    I sure will miss R+....   I really loved the business model and energy around the company.  

Just remembering random trivia memories.... 
    A while ago, somebody posted that by May or March of this year Karl will be somewhere in Scandinavia (if not already).  From what I heard that post got banned, but I read it on other forums (donot remember where now).  At that time there was not even a hint that such fatal developments will take place.  At that time I dismissed it and did not even pay attention, actually I forgot about it....  Well March is almost here....  and I remembered of that post.....   life is full of coincidences....

Conic_EllipseVoIPFanRP
  • doubleOZdoubleOZ MVP 18
    edited February 13
    What was the agreement at the backdoor? We are the sole victims here?
    Conic_Ellipse
  • doubleOZ:
    What was the agreement

Sprint gave Karl 100,000 discount coupons for Waffle House and he is taking us all for WAFFLES.

Classical_MusicVoIPFanRPSoteria1flying_v
  • Ringplus was awesome and still is. this is not the last you people heard of Karl. he has done it before and he will do it again. Ringplus will be back
    Max.Frostnewbie321VoIPFanRPakaLTDSoteria1Taemta3Linda_Sblue_skies
  • liberal-peach-waved-machine-155700:

Sprint gave Karl 100,000 discount coupons for Waffle House and he is taking us all for WAFFLES.

I now live in a place without any Waffle House  restaurants.
    I really miss their grits and raisin bread toast, as well as the nice people who work there.
    WizardknightSoteria1
  • I become a cell phone guru among friends and family because of RingPlus
    newbie321VoIPFanRPHowdy!AurminSoteria1Max.FrostTech-StitchLinda_S