Are Tickets still being processed by the support team?

I just wanted to know because last week one of my accounts which has never has overages in the 1+ year it was with RP was suddenly overcharged and the card associated with that account was a card that has long been canceled was unable to renew and the account was suspended. I was wondering why the sudden data charges happened as the phone barely uses any data (cellular or wifi) on a month to month basis as it is my mothers and just in case it is on WIFI on a constant basis. 

More importantly, I wanted to know if that number will transfer over to Ting or if that number will be lost forever. I don't want to pay for charges that I'm disputing but will do so if it risks the transfer of my number. 

I submitted a ticket but I kept getting a error message. Please advise. Thanks. 

Comments

• Someone will be with you shortly.
  • stupendous-red-striped-carpenter-163011:
    Someone will be with you shortly.

I don't know if this was a serious answer or one made in jest. But if was serious. I was unable to submit a ticket because of error thus my question. :)
    VoIPFanRP
  • PromozePromoze All Star 124
    I logged a ticket, my first one ever, just yesterday, asking about a credit card related issue, and they sent a generic reply talking about Ting which was not even remotely related to what I requested they do.  Worthless.
    VoIPFanRP
  • It's not relevant but I find this interesting; I submitted my first and only support ticket on about Jan 13, and they answered and successfully resolved my problem on January 21.  So I guess they were firing on all cylinders as late as that.
    VoIPFanRP
  • Jc4pcsJc4pcs Novice 3
    I also got a generic response on my most recent ticket that was not relevant to my request....  I need resolution to my ticket not a copy paste... 
    VoIPFanRP
  • VoIPFanRPVoIPFanRP All Star 71
    BAbraham:
    I don't want to pay for charges that I'm disputing but will do so if it risks the transfer of my number. 

I submitted a ticket but I kept getting a error message. Please advise. Thanks.

According to the ToS, under "Dispute Resolution":

We each agree to contact each other first with any disputes. You must contact us with any dispute by email at ethics@ringplus.net. We will contact you at the last address that you have provided us or on your mobile phone. We each agree to negotiate in good faith to resolve any dispute.

If I were in this position, I would send the e-mail, just in case...

• Ringplus will continue to give you the same customer service you have come to expect in the past.
  • Yes.
     RingPlus is still answering ( some)  support tickets..
     I submitted a ticket to return a loaner phone, and got a blazingly fast, appropriate, targeted , personal, response in under 24 hours.
    akaLTDVoIPFanRP
  • akaLTDakaLTD Moderator 114
    edited February 17
    BAbraham:
    I was wondering why the sudden data charges happened as the phone barely uses any data (cellular or wifi) on a month to month basis
    I'll refrain from speculating in this.

BAbraham:
    I submitted a ticket but I kept getting a error message.

What kind of error are you getting? And when?

Here's maybe the best way to file a ticket to explain your problem: Choose Billing or Credit Card > I want to dispute a charge > answer YES to "disputed charge is in error" > Choose the amount being disputed, click Next and the following screen will let you type in the issue. *IF*the charge is not listed then choose "Transaction Not Listed" > and again type in the issue.

Try to keep it short and to the point. Be concise.

edit: I knew I read something about suspended lines but was on Ting's site .. this seems it would apply to you: https://ting.com/m/ringplus-migration-faq/

My RingPlus account is suspended or has a negative balance. What does that mean for me?
    RingPlus might have something to say about that but at this stage, we don't. Your number will be moved and if you sign up, you'll receive your $35 Ting credit.

VoIPFanRP