Tello offers $10 credit

Tello offers $10 credit for RP refugees, which is not a much as Ting is offering, but Tello doesn't have line charge. For very low usage, their pay go can stretch out $10.

Comments

• Yes it has been mentioned in the main tello thread.

$10 at tello = $35 at ting. 
  • PromozePromoze All Star 124
    edited February 13
  • ultimate-lavendar-houndstooth-gladiator-54876:
    Yes it has been mentioned in the main tello thread.

This could warrant a new thread as these codes can get buried in that "Quick and Painless" (very ironic title) thread. And a referral code ins't be published.

What bugs is when people open a new thread to advertise their referral code when said user is already participating in current thread. :O BTW... for the record, i'm not talking about you :)  Just want to make that clear! I've hearted you in the past! hehe .

Boog_G_Dow
  • Thanks for posting the links... Perfect!  Looks like it has expired.  Anywho...let's go back to original thread.
    PromozeBoog_G_Dow
    Classical_Music:
    Thanks for posting the links... Perfect!  Looks like it has expired.  Anywho...let's go back to original thread.
    Expired?  I hadn't even seen that yet.  Bummer.  Oh well.....  plenty of us got in on it at least!

Boog_G_Dow
  • bru20bru20 Novice 1
    edited February 13
    Everyone should thank the poster on SlickDeals who made the dedicated post about the coupon for getting it cancelled.  If anyone feels salty they should post on Tello's Twitter page asking why they expired a coupon a week before they said they would.  Some of us actually believed them.  

Now I ride out RingPlus to the bitter end. 
    Boog_G_Dow
  • I cancelled my port out to Tello this AM as it has been 10 days since I had placed the initial request and no one from Tello called or answered my emails about status.
    Boog_G_Dow
  • bru20:
    Everyone should thank the poster on SlickDeals who made the dedicated post about the coupon for getting it cancelled.  If anyone feels salty they should post on Tello's Twitter page asking why they expired a coupon a week before they said they would.  Some of us actually believed them.

Seems like the OP on the SlickDeals thread is just an attention monger. The deal was already mentioned in threads where he/she was participating in but decided to put a separate post about it. Never liked the idea of taking a post out of a thread that someone else mentioned and then spin it as your own original thread just to get reps. Besides, what good does reps do for you anyway? Now thanks to this OP, the code that was supposed to help RP users now hurts the intended users and instead has been widely distributed to nonRP users just looking for a freebie. Hope the RP's SD reps were worth it for hundreds of RP users who are now left out in the cold.

Boog_G_Dow
    monkeybiz has been one of the most helpful people for getting the word out about RingPlus in the past as well as helping many users and answering questions.  He's not just a hit and run type of guy.  He even helped me personally a couple years ago when I first started using R+.   My Front Page Momentum deals beats it, though. :wink:    Slickdeals banned me along with all my reps, so it looks like I'll never win that free cup of coffee. :neutral: 
    ResultOnePRH14Boog_G_Dow
  • Man, that is too bad about the coupon code expiration. Many of us on RingPlus are waiting for the migration to take place before porting over, so we missed out on that deal. I was able to use it on my own line that I ported out right away, at least.
    Boog_G_Dow
  • Boog_G_DowBoog_G_Dow Novice 3
    edited February 13
    Thanks for the helpful info about existing links and which ones expired.

When I get a new coupon code from yelp should I post it here or the other thread? I wouldn't want it to get cancelled for the folks waiting out the mass migration to get that $35 first. I kept a few lines at rp for that purpose.

I recommend using an old flip phone to hold a tello line and claim credits as they are posted. Claim these early credits can easily exceed what ting is offering. And less restrictive.
  • Do Yelp coupons for Tello work on existing Tello lines?
  • I have an existing Tello line. I can try and let you know if you tell where to see yelp coupon code.

Btw, tello coupons pay the tax. A $10 paygo credit costs $12.66 for my address. A coupon brings the balance to zero.
This discussion has been closed.