Ting Credits!

ClassifiedsClassifieds RingPlus 132
edited February 23 in Cell Service Is this deal Expired ?

UPDATES:

More Time!
Members, your numbers & service are now safe 'til 3pm PDT, Tues, Feb. 21 Actual migration date to Ting @tingFTW coming soon!
[Updated 2/10/17]

More info on the move to Ting . . . Check it out!  https://ting.com/m/ringplus-migration-faq/

Dear Members, Check out this video on how Ting works!

Dear Members,

We have some good news for you. RingPlus has reached an agreement in principal with its carrier partner to allow us time to migrate you all to Ting during the next 1-2 weeks (we will let you know the exact dates soon).

Ting is welcoming all RingPlus Members. Ting will honor all Members' current RingPlus Top Up balances with a credit toward Ting service.

Each member will start with a $35 credit, regardless of whether they have any RingPlus Top Up balance!

Those members who have a RingPlus Top Up balance higher than $35 will get the first $35 applied in full. Afterwards, the remaining Top Up balance (over $35) will be disbursed in $5 credit increments each month until the Top Up is exhausted.

After the move to Ting, Members will not have active service until Ting has collected a credit card from the Member and the Member has agreed to Ting’s terms of service online.

We are welcoming Ting moderators to RingPlus Social to comment on this thread. Ting moderators will be identified with a Verified Shield, and the name “Ting” at the end of the username.

Ting will also honor this deal for Members that have already switched to Ting. But please be advised that port outs prior to the migration could be slow.

For ongoing updates on the current and upcoming Ting processes go to ringtoting.com.

Link

DatahhfpphoneBarnaby 5

Comments

• ChelleChelle Moderator 121
    Great that we get to keep our top-up money!
  • Thank you RingPlus! (and Ting)

Ting was on my short though probably was leaning towards Tello due to unlimited after full LTE runs out for Hangouts.
    However, very nice to have my top off balance saved, in my case gives Ting a chance to keep me as a customer since they will likely be my first choice now.
    prickly-navy-blue-honeycomb-hat-42787
  • mmfacemmmmfacemm MVP 45
    edited February 7
    Doesn't sound like a good deal to me.  Before this we were getting $35 anyway.  In fact anyone could have gotten a referral credit of $25 before that special $35.  So unless your top up is particularly high ie above $25 then you aren't keeping your top up at all.  I doubt many really will benefit from this.   

Sorry but Ting is very expensive already and is not the ideal switch from ringplus. I imagine few have ported to ting but many have ported to Tello and Freedompop.

Good luck anyway I am sticking with Tello.  

Does this mean that ringplus is definitely finished?  I mean is there any hope with keeping an account active?  @Karl ;; @Classifieds ? ;
    dogged-but-not-dogmaticKing_Tutcrystal_tPaul_Sth
  • For what it is worth, Ting is ridiculously priced.   500MB, 100Text, 100SMS, $22?  Really?

Hey RingPlus, why didn't you partner with FreedomPop?  

dogged-but-not-dogmaticKosmonavtminimizerConic_EllipseStellarCell
  • joe1joe1 Pro 15
    Wow, I read the link and at first I thought it said "rioting" but heck we did a lot of rioting over the past few days, Ting is much better.
  • crystal_tcrystal_t Pro 11
    edited February 7
    Ok, so anyone gets $25 on Ting site- promo's        But We're going to be happy getting $35 because you're keeping my top you keep my topup of $25 each on 4 lines? 1 of which  you just pulled top up after overcharging my account.  Some offer! not to mention- my 2 accounts that were just  each charged $120-lifetime membership LESS than 60 days age?
    Than really im paying much higher than other providers?  $35 V.irgine moble UNLIMITED minutes/text/streaming music plus 5g data Boost $30 unlimited text/talk 2g    Tello  $36 unlimited with 2g               To get 1000 min/text with 2 g data barely comparable with  Ting is $49   Im Not seeing any benefit 
    dogged-but-not-dogmatic
  • I do not see benefit of using ting. so I will port out all my numbers. there are about $60 top left, which is ok for me, considering the free service received from ringplus.

dogged-but-not-dogmaticglazed-aquamarine-honeycomb-dingo-999284pals23
  • Diedrich_DuoDiedrich_Duo MVP 42
    edited February 7
    Question:  If our RingPlus service is being terminated on Saturday, February 11th, at 5:00 PM CST, but Ting is bringing us over within the next 1 to 2 weeks, will we be without service between Feb 11 and whenever Ting gets us set up?  Or has RingPlus worked out a short-term, "keep the lights on until you get switched" arrangement so we will not lose service?  (If I'm interpreting the OP correctly, I am thinking it is the latter, but I would like to know for sure...)
  • Not too long ago Ringplus was marketing a free plan that included 10gb of data with a top up of $99 in addition to holidays and black friday promos. Ringplus free service has cost me big time $$$. Lesson learned !
    dogged-but-not-dogmaticcrystal_tPaul_SthConic_Ellipsepals23
  • Diedrich_Duo:
    Question:  If our RingPlus service is being terminated on Saturday, February 11th, at 5:00 PM CST, but Ting is bringing us over within the next 1 to 2 weeks, will we be without service between Feb 11 and whenever Ting gets us set up?  Or has RingPlus worked out a short-term, "keep the lights on until you get switched" arrangement so we will not lose service?  (If I'm interpreting the OP correctly, I am thinking it is the latter, but I would like to know for sure...)

After the move to Ting, Members will not have active service until Ting has collected a credit card from the Member and the Member has agreed to Ting’s terms of service online.

Im thinking you out of service for awhile
    dogged-but-not-dogmaticDiedrich_Duopals23
  • It seems illegal that Ringplus is not refunding members top up balances. The terms and conditions of their plans are meaningless if they knew they were in jeopardy of losing the Sprint network .  I used to praise RP to family and friends, but my tune has changed. I will bad mouth them from now on. I look forward to Cricket and kissing my 35.12 goodbye. 
    LLAcrystal_tKing_TutPaul_Sth
  • LLALLA Novice 2
    Yes, finally this is the result of falling into the small company like RP. 
    I do not see RP as an honest company. They always have something fishy.
    Oh well, consider as donation.
  • Can I cancel the ting service after I run out of my $35 of credit?
  • You could cancel service after using your credit or port out of you want to keep your number. 
    crystal_t
  • Am I missing something?

For low usage lines, (i.e. Emergency phone) the $35 will be gone in less than 4 months with Ting.
    $6 for the line + $3 for 100mins. = $9 a month. (any other fees? maybe.)

With tello with pay as you go at 3cents a minute. It would cost $3 for $100, less if less minutes are used.

They would break even by month 6 and one would be saving $6 a month after that with tello.

By month 6 cost with Ting = (6x$9) -$35 = $19 , Tello ($3x6) = $18

Anything I'm missing?

Thanks
    pals23
  • mr120mr120 Novice 0
    Hi,

What about if I don't want to be moved to ting? Can I get my remaining  top up balance back?
    crystal_tLLA
  • mr120mr120 Novice 0
    Why would they keep are top up balance? That's crazy.
    crystal_t
  • mr_fmr_f Novice 0
    Does anyone know if my top up balance can be used up in the r+ store?    It would be better to have a phone or some accessories than nothing.   Ting is not worth it to me, anyone know of any other carriers?
    crystal_tConic_Ellipse
  • HotpcktsHotpckts Novice 2
    Sounds nice for some.
    Sprint won't get any more of my $$$ though. Already bought and paid for one year of Mintsim
    crystal_t
  • mr_fmr_f Novice 0
    tried to buy some items in the store, but it wouldn't let me check out anything on my top up.  Any ideas?
    crystal_t
  • Yes i would be interested in a new phone from the store, short of refunding my m+ accounts and top ups
  • Going to roll with the Ting migration, then deal with switching out after that.  No rush given all the heartburn with overloaded porting right now.  The Ting $35 credit will be a basically free month for me.  The $5/mo after only covers one line charge of 3 lines, so that extra $13/mo is deal breaker compared to Tello for two low use lines.  MintSim is new to me, and might be a good fit for the other higher data use line.

Considering rolling back to Freedompop, but they're BYOD porting is always a mess for me.  And they crashed a bunch of users w/o service with their last app updates over the weekend.  I really don't need either drama any more.  But they are still the cheapest for the two low use lines ($0, 200/200/1GB/mo w/ FP Friends).  You just have to know you're way around turning everything off before they start charging you for it.  And even with Premium calling bundle ~$12/mo (Sprint cell routing, Vmail, data rollover, other stuff), it's still a pretty good deal for $1GB (kills Ting AND Tello).  

• I do not want to transfer to ting i have $94 top up balance can you send me a check ? 

how do i go about getting my top up blance back ?

thanks
    crystal_tLLA
  • OngOng Novice 0
    I don't like Ting either. It's too pricey. They charge $6 every month for nothing. 
    crystal_tPaul_Sth
  • Ting THIS !!!!!