1 min call with native dialer

Wasn't sure how to phrase a search for the info. I couldn't find my answer.
It used to be required that you had to make at least a 1 minute call every so often with your R+ number to keep your account active.
Is this still the case? My mom is on one of the free plans so I am just wondering. Also What about any of the other plans.
TIA

Comments

• That was while you were hearing ads during the "ringing" period. Since we're all on Mad plans now and aren't hearing them, I don't see the point in enforcing that requirement - it's a cost without benefit for R+. 
  • That Is what I was assuming, but wanted to be sure.
  • Babyblueut:
    That Is what I was assuming, but wanted to be sure.

Until you get a official answer on this I would recommend honoring the Terms and Conditions that you agreed to. i.e. make the outbound call. Lots of people are getting their accounts closed, many claiming its in error, you don't want to give them a legitimate reason to close that account.
    Conic_EllipseakaLTDVoIPFanRP
  • iolaire:
    Until you get a official answer on this I would recommend honoring the Terms and Conditions that you agreed to. i.e. make the outbound call. Lots of people are getting their accounts closed, many claiming its in error, you don't want to give them a legitimate reason to close that account.

True! Better safe!

VoIPFanRP
  • jamielihjamielih Moderator 119
    edited January 11
    See ToS at www.ringplus.net/legal/members for terms you agreed to, including the Rules.

See also the various forum discussions about recent line cancellations for violating the Rules, including the requirement to make calls.
    BabyblueutVoIPFanRP
  • JandAJandA MVP 20
    Note that (most/many/all? of the) current free plans will require the use of the R+ dialer when it comes out and therefore the 60 day call requirement would still be in place and beneficial to R+.  Today, only the paid plans do not have the 60 call requirement.
    BabyblueutakaLTDVoIPFanRP
  • KentEKentE Moderator 160
    JandA:
    the 60 day call requirement would still be in place and beneficial to R+.  Today, only the paid plans do not have the 60 call requirement.
    [Mod Comment]
    @Babyblueut   ; JandA is correct.   The rules have not changed regarding the need to complete at least one outbound call in any 60-day period on a free plan.  This is still a requirement, specifically including free Mad plans.

Paid plans do not require outbound calls.

BabyblueutVoIPFanRP
  • mhhmhh MVP 26
    ...It used to be required that you had to make at least a 1 minute call 
    every so often with your R+ number to keep your account active.
    Is this still the case? ...

It still is a requirement for free plans. The requirement is "some" outgoing calling in a 60 period that is actually answered and charged to your plan as at least 1 minute.

It is not written anywhere that I know of, but I would not just call some toll free info line for this as that is not in the spirit of using R+ as a phone service. It should not matter, but I am not taking any chances.

Fluidcall calls count to fulfill the requirement. You can do it for your Mom by putting her Fluidcall credentials on some phone of yours or a regular computer with a SIP client. It can be any phone or computer. It does not need to be the specific R+ phone.

BabyblueutakaLTDVoIPFanRP