How to receive incoming voip calls?

I have tried multiple apps but not one worked. The call always channels thru cell network. 
Worst case. both my sip app and the normal call should be register an incoming call.
Anyone knows which other app allows incoming voice calls? and how to set it up?

Comments

• mhhmhh MVP 30
    All incoming calls are now Sprint cell. There are no incoming VOIP/Fluidcall calls. Turn off receiving calls in the SIP client to save some battery.

Fluidcall also does not do texts in any form or way. It never has.
    VoIPFanRP
  • marksatmarksat Novice 0
    Are the plans requiring VOIP Fluidcalls?  or no?

Where do we get fluidcall?

• mhhmhh MVP 30
    marksat:
    Are the plans requiring VOIP Fluidcalls?  or no?

Where do we get fluidcall?
    No plan requires VOIP/Fluidcall yet. Sometime after the R+ VOIP dialer is released that will be the only way to make outgoing calls with iPhones without paying 10 cents a minute for cell calls.

For now, R+ Fluidcall/VOIP is the same as it has been for years, except they have stopped using Fluidcall for calls to your phone, those are all cell now.

To use Fluidcall you need a SIP client from the app store on your phone, like Zoiper, CSIPSimple, Media5 for Androids. Then go to the Fluidcall button on your dashboard and follow the instructions. There are more detailed instructions in the FAQs.

Sam432
  • If you are using google voice you can have both voip and cell phone ring at the same, with the added benefit of not having to port your number, google will forward your calls to any phone in the usa. Only down side is cell phone calls out will show the ring+ number, this can be fixed but requires and extra step when making out going calls. 
  • The following video will walk you through the basic Fluid Call setup.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=baU8k6YHnVg

I have used both Zoiper and CSipSimple & am currently using Zoiper. Both work well.  

http://www.zoiper.com/en/support/questions

Under the account name I used "Ring Plus" but that is your choice.  Under Host enter  sip.ringplus.net   Under Username use your phone number i.e.,  xxxxxxxxxx (no 1 start with area code).  Password is covered in the setup video.  If you have difficulty reading it, refresh it and it will change to a new one.  I have Enable on start off to save battery.  Under Network settings I changed the Transport type to TCP.  Under advanced - Network have Wifi only on and 2g, 3g, & 4 g off.  Under Audio have Echo cancellation off as it sounds better to me.  Too under Audio Made sure that there is no check mark in Incoming call vibration. Under Features changed DTMP style to  Inband.    
  • edited January 12
    stanjohn:
    If you are using google voice you can have both voip and cell phone ring at the same, with the added benefit of not having to port your number, google will forward your calls to any phone in the usa. Only down side is cell phone calls out will show the ring+ number, this can be fixed but requires and extra step when making out going calls. 

All you need to do is install the Google Voice app - in the settings  you can specify which number you want outgoing calls to appear to be from (or prompt you for each call). If you tell it to use the GV#, then it will appear to dial twice with the second occurrence mentioning something about "assisted dialing." Takes a couple extra seconds for the process, but it works fine. 

• Also several ways to "spoof" the caller id without the GV app. The point is to max fluid calls without your callers doing anything special like returning your call to the GV number even if they see a different number. If someone is not sure why we care, GV calls to US are free. And if we have data then incoming calls don't cost extra. You can do this without google but it can get more complicated.
  • stanjohn:
    Also several ways to "spoof" the caller id without the GV app.

Always was kinda curious how that worked, but haven't yet gotten around to investigating. Got any links or other info for inquiring minds who want to know? 

• cekaceka Novice 0
    Sanctimonious_Ape:
    stanjohn:
    Also several ways to "spoof" the caller id without the GV app.

Always was kinda curious how that worked, but haven't yet gotten around to investigating. Got any links or other info for inquiring minds who want to know? 

I use  Voice+ (Google Voice callback) from the Play Store for my android devices

• Sanctimonious_Ape:

Easy way is to use one of the online services, you can forward the call thru asterisk as well - many sip providers will allow you to spoof numbers you control.