PSA: Mad Free Building Block 2000 Voip + 150MB Were Added to Dashboard

canexcanex Pro 11
Just noticed 2000 Voip min and 150 MB were added to my dashboard roughly 2 hours ago.

Made a quick Voip test call and R+ indeed counted Voip mins correctly. 

Thanks R+ for the fix!

BTW, what is the implication if I cancel daily "No Voicemail" add-on? It is very annoying and flushed my dashboard. 
akaLTDFrozen.wellVoIPFanRP

Comments

• akaLTDakaLTD Moderator 115
    Thanks much for this info. Progress. :)
    VoIPFanRP
  • RonaldRonald Novice 0
    I also received the same... VoIp minutes and more data.

So, I need to download CSipSimple to use the VoIp minutes?  Or is there a special R+ dialer?
  • RominesRomines Novice 0
    Just in time too. I would have accidentally gone over my limit tonight.
  • VoIPFanRPVoIPFanRP All Star 73

canex:
    Made a quick Voip test call and R+ indeed counted Voip mins correctly.

Cool that it's working for a SIP client directly connected to sip.ringplus.net! :)

Unfortunately, my PBX (Asterisk) based test calls are still counted against cellular voice minutes (YMMV, depending upon server/VNF/pod), but hopefully it will be fixed in the near future. :)

canex:
    BTW, what is the implication if I cancel daily "No Voicemail" add-on? It is very annoying and flushed my dashboard.

Well, I'd hazard a guess that it will stop appearing on the dashboard, and I'd like to think there'd be no unintended consequences! :smiley:

akaLTD:
    Thanks much for this info. Progress.

:+1: 

Ronald:
    I also received the same... VoIp minutes and more data.

So, I need to download CSipSimple to use the VoIp minutes?  Or is there a special R+ dialer?

Most SIP clients (CSipSimple, Zoiper, Bria, etc) will work until the RingPlus dialer is released. :)

• kvnc75kvnc75 Novice 1
    Still not working. Everything is going against regular minutes. Useless!
  • kvnc75kvnc75 Novice 1
    Why does everyone post useless garbage before even trying anything? Ive had my voip allotment for 3 days and it is still counting against my cell minutes.

• canexcanex Pro 11
    edited January 11
    @kvnc75, did you read my post at all? R+ just fixed Voip billing issue just today. Sigh :-(

VoIPFanRPPlaya
    VoiP.png 40.8K
  • canexcanex Pro 11
    I used Zoiper.

Ronald:

VoIPFanRP

VoIPFanRP:

Cool that it's working for a SIP client directly connected to sip.ringplus.net!

Unfortunately, my PBX (Asterisk) based test calls are still counted against cellular voice minutes (YMMV, depending upon server/VNF/pod), but hopefully it will be fixed in the near future.

kvnc75:
    Why does everyone post useless garbage before even trying anything?

canex:
    R+ just fixed Voip billing issue just today.

@kvnc75 ;

We are posting test results from the last few hours, which is why we know one method works, while another doesn't. :wink:

Perhaps if you tell us how you're testing VoIP calling (phone, sip client, method of connection, etc),  someone may be able to assist with the troubleshooting. :)

Diedrich_Duo
    canex:
    I used Zoiper.

I used CSipSimple directly registered to sip.ringplus.net over cellular data - this counted against VoIP minutes.

Calling with an extension registered to a PBX (Asterisk), PBX is registered to sip.ringplus.net over wired broadband - this counted against cellular voice minutes.

• akaLTDakaLTD Moderator 115
    It's entirely possible it will take a little time to fix ALL lines effected. I don't imagine they're all just instantly fixed at the same exact moment.
    VoIPFanRP
  • kvnc75kvnc75 Novice 1
    csipsimple just tested,still using my minutes,only 12 left lol
    akaLTD:
    It's entirely possible it will take a little time to fix ALL lines effected. I don't imagine they're all just instantly fixed at the same exact moment.

Good point, and we know from testing that there are multiple servers/VNFs/pods. :)

kvnc75:
    csipsimple just tested,still using my minutes,only 12 left lol

Are you connecting via cellular data, or over WiFi?

• kvnc75kvnc75 Novice 1
    cellular,but should it really matter? interesting,ive been pinged for my 12 minutes even though i didnt use them,im out

kvnc75:
    cellular,but should it really matter? interesting,ive been pinged for my 12 minutes even though i didnt use them,im out

It shouldn't, but if you read some of the historical FluidCall topics, it can have an effect.

• D._FaultD._Fault Novice 0
    I have the same plan with 2000 Voip minutes but all my CSipSimple calls register as regular cell; nothing registers as a Voip call.
  • JohnPlusJohnPlus Novice 0
    It is great that VoIP now works for outgoing calls.  It would be even better if it worked for both outgoing and incoming calls!
    Calling myself to check this out, here's how my minutes get charged:

Assuming you have Mad Free Building Block with 2000 minutes of VoIP and you've installed a SIP client, such as CSipSimple, then:
    Outgoing calls:  When you're connected to WiFi, you can choose to call using VoIP or on Cell.  If you pick VoIP, minutes are charged now to VoIP minutes.
    Incoming calls:  all are charged to Cell Minutes, whether or not you are connected to WiFi.

So, if you have only a few Cell Minutes (as we do), whenever someone calls us at home (or wherever we have WiFi), we need hang up and call them back using VoIP.
    D._Fault:
    nothing registers as a Voip call.

VoIP calls should be displayed on the main dashboard right after they are made. 

Do you see an entry?

BTW - Cellular calls have a reporting delay - it's whenever the the data is received from Sprint.

JohnPlus:
    It is great that VoIP now works for outgoing calls.

Glad it's working for you. :)

• D._FaultD._Fault Novice 0
    2000 minutes Voip shows up on my account with 0 used. After making a call using CSipSimple I check my account and find the usage is listed against my regular cell minutes. So I still have 0/2000 Voip used showing.
    When I first log in to my account with a desktop browser (before selecting a line), directly underneath the 5 circular buttons, I see an account history/log.

Whenever I make a VoIP call, I see the line that made the call, along with the number it called.

Do you see something similar?
  • So I got a reply from Support last evening regarding the 750 sms and 500 mms numbers not appearing in our dashboards:

Hi,

The 500 SMS 250 MMS was an available option. You had to choose between the 250MB/ month add-on, 750MB/ 3 month and 500SMS 250MMS. 

You would need to cancel your 750MB/ 3 month add-on if you want to add the 500SMS 250MMS add-on.

Thank you.

to which my reply was

I never had that option of 500 sms and 250 mms. I am positive about that. The only 2 options I had was either 250mb per month or 750 mb per 3 months. There was no option of 500 sms and 250 mms while I signed up.

I am sure you know that this plan had a lot of glitches while it was announced first and re-announced many times. I would never have opened a support ticket had I had the option during sign-up of the plan. Its not only me who had this issue, but many other members have had the same problem. You may please check the forum discussion I opened many days ago regarding this.

https://social.ringplus.net/discussion/10843/partially-resolved-please-solve-the-mad-building-block-issues-first#latest

By the way, I have 250 mb per month add-on. Not the 750 mb/3 month.

I hope you will do the needful.

Thank You

Regards

This is what I got as a reply:

Hi,

The option was there. Like I said you would need to cancel your 250MB/month add-on if you want to add the 500SMS 250MMS add-on.

Thank you.

• Yeah iirc there were 3 options when signing up: none, 250MB every 30 days and 750MB every 90 days. I guess 'none' is actually the slot meant for 500 SMS and 250 MMS....a bug never got fixed.
  • @akula1488; so custimers have to suffer for ringplus doing mistake in their numbers, time and again.

This plan was offered multiple times, never with a correct version