calling 900 numbers?

Can one call 900 numbers from a ring plus plan?  What happens, who gets charged?
 I'm researching some basics  before I turn my phone and plan over  to a 'special someone'
What other gotchas do i need to know about?

Comments

• JandAJandA MVP 23
    edited January 10
    From Legal Notices (https://ringplus.net/legal/members):

Pay-Per-Call Services

We may not directly complete any calls to 1-900, 1-976 or other pay-per-call services. If such services are connected you will be charged an additional charger equal to our cost.

• alsals Pro 11
    JandA:
    If such services are connected you will be charged an additional charger equal to our cost.

Thanks
    I saw that in the TOS and that is what gave me pause and led to my question.
        Is it possible to call 900 numbers through ringplus? I surely hope not.
     I don't want to revisit the charges that lost these guys  their phone service a few years ago. It was miserable trying to straighten it out.
     but sure as shootin' once i give them the phone, they'll see an add for  a psychic who will  make them rich and solve  all their problems. They'll start dialing without realizing that 900 numbers charge extra.
     Been there done that don't want to do it again.

Conic_EllipseVoIPFanRP
  • JandAJandA MVP 23
    als:
    Is it possible to call 900 numbers through ringplus?

Sorry, but I don't know if it is possible.  One way to find out for sure though ;)   I also didn't try to interpret their statement since it's a bit ambiguous. "We may not"??? Does that mean they can't or might not?  Who knows?  Certainly not I.

VoIPFanRP
  • JandAJandA MVP 23
    als:
    a psychic who will  make them rich and solve  all their problems.

Or a psychic who can predict what R+ will do next week or month? :p

alsVoIPFanRP
  • JandAJandA MVP 23
    als:
    Or that a mod

You could always PM one of the mods and ask, if one doesn't pass by here soon.

alsVoIPFanRP
  • mhhmhh MVP 30
    Given the reliability of R+ systems I wouldn't count on them blocking all of the $ numbers. You could put a low $ virtual credit card on the account that would limit your $ risk with the compromise that your account will be suspended when the top up charge fails.

Tracfone definitely will not call $ numbers. They don't have any way to charge you for them.
    alsVoIPFanRP
  • There are several apps that can restrict outgoing calls on a whole area code. Obviously this doesn't prevent the person from disabling it but this would ensure that this person couldn't make these calls "accidentally".
    alsVoIPFanRP