RESOLVED blocked account (suspended after holding plan lapsed)

rootsmusicrootsmusic Novice 0
@Jerry_GC My account has been blocked after its holding plan lapsed.  But the only option that it gives me is to cancel my account.  How can I switch it to another plan?  (I couldn't find a FAQ about my type of suspension.)  Thanks to anyone who can help.

Comments

• Jerry_GCJerry_GC RingPlus 79
    edited January 10
    Hi @rootsmusic ;

Please log in to your affected account, and select a plan. To do so, please click on the green circle titled "Upgrade Plan." That should bring it out of suspend (assuming you have a current credit card on file). 

Best regards, 
    Jerry 
    VoIPFanRProotsmusic
  • KentEKentE Moderator 168
    @rootsmusic
      In your dashboard, does the circle button labeled "Upgrade Plan" give you a menu of available plans?  If so, it's as simple as selecting an eligible plan.

If that circle button does not appear, or is greyed out and non-functional, can you provide details on what you do see?
    For example:
    "Suspended" appears in a banner across your avatar.
    "Expired" appears in the area near your avatar.
    The line does not appear at all in your dashboard.
    etc.
    VoIPFanRProotsmusic
  • Thanks, you're right.  I was clicking on the button to "manage plans", which didn't have other plans.
    VoIPFanRP
  • KentEKentE Moderator 168
    @rootsmusic ;  Thanks for the update!  and I'm glad the option is there for you.
    If you need help understanding the options, or details on the available plans, there is discussion and details about most of them here:
    https://social.ringplus.net/discussion/10779/mad-coffee-house-plans-free-paid/p1

VoIPFanRP
  • robnrickrobnrick Novice 1

My account is currently suspended on two of my phones. The only free plan available is only 100 minutes. I know I will lose my number at the end of 30 days. Will I lose my balance also? Will I be able to use my balance and get a new number after 30 days. Should I just accept "Mad Hot Chocolate Free Plan" for now and hope to upgrade later?

• @robnrick ; yes, you will lose your top up balance at the end of 30 days.  The 30 days after suspension is to allow port out of the number.  In order to keep your top up you should select a plan that's available now.
    VoIPFanRP
    edited January 18
    December 29, 2016, my Free 7 Day Holding Renewed (started). After 7 days, I was expecting my account to be suspended for 30 days but now my status is "expired". today is Jan 18th 2017. My account and balance are gone! Is this correct? Because my account is expired, I can not contact support on the account. What can I do? My account number is 189302 if someone here can help me.
  • You waited too long to select a plan and that's why you lost the account and the balance.  the 30 day period only applied to the ability to port out your number not to the time for you to be able to select a plan.  It was clear in all the communication that people should select a new plan during the 7 day holding period.  They did allow people to select a plan during the suspension as well.  there were many comments urging people to not wait to select a plan when suspended because it wasn't know how long that period would last.  My comment to you last week suggested you select a plan.  Your only recourse now is to email ethics@ringplus.net and ask if they will restore your number and top up so you can select a plan now.  But keep in mind you had 3 weeks to select one of the numerous plans that have been offered.
    VoIPFanRPenergetic-brown-houndstooth-owl
  • See here https://social.ringplus.net/discussion/11025/expired-number-and-lost-top-up#latest

Also @DRMN suggested you pick a plan 'now' ie on 12th January to keep your balance so I don't think you have much leeway to argue getting anything back. 

There is some confusion what suspension means and I think some users have clouded that by making incorrect statements like the suspension period will last 30 days.  The holding period was there for you to switch to a new plan and everyone should have switched at least by the time the holding period ended.  I am not sure why so many have just left their accounts to suspend as if this was some kind of set grace period to continue service.  I do not think that the suspension period was stated to last 30 days by a ringplus official (if anyone can find something that would help here - by an official and not a user or a mod) but rather you could port out for 30 days.  The suspension period was an unknown variable and users really needed to select a plan asap not to lose out.  Looks like r+ is cleaning up these suspended accounts as it should to move on and put the legacy plans behind them.

akaLTDVoIPFanRP
  • jamielihjamielih Moderator 127
    @robnrick

I understand that the 30-day period is to allow you to request your new carrier to complete a port in to their system your number from R+. If you have no number on your R+ dashboard & there are days left on your 30-day period, please send a PM to me, a total stranger (to you) on the Internet who does not even work for R+, with personal information that you believe is sufficient for R+ to identify you, & I'll request that R+ provide you the necessary information for you to request your new carrier to port in your number there.

I understand the top-up is forfeited according to the ToS you agreed to.
    VoIPFanRP
  • akaLTDakaLTD Moderator 115
    ultimate-lavendar-houndstooth-gladiator-54876:
     I do not think that the suspension period was stated to last 30 days by a ringplus official (if anyone can find something that would help here

I believe this post says it all .. by R+ staff member & even has a chart to show when a line would go to 7 day holding plan, and when it would be suspended based on the "renew" date: https://social.ringplus.net/discussion/9366/additional-information-for-plans-scheduled-to-be-discontinued

I'll quote here what's said there but the chart leaves no room for members to say they didn't know when the line would be suspended or what would happen. And the thread is still pinned at the top of the forum where it's been since the end of November.

The free temporary holding plan is only active for 7 days. During those 7 days, please choose any of the currently available free or paid plans offered on our website. In the event that you do not choose a new plan within the 7-day period, your account will be suspended (which means you will lose service, but your phone number will be preserved for 30 more days)

VoIPFanRP
    Thank you all for your responses. DRM, you said "yes, you will lose your top up balance at the end of 30 days" . Obviously that was not quite correct.  I have emailed the address you gave me and I'm hoping for the best. Not much else I can do.

• VoIPFanRPVoIPFanRP All Star 73
    robnrick:
    My account is currently suspended on two of my phones. The only free plan available is only 100 minutes. I know I will lose my number at the end of 30 days. Will I lose my balance also? Will I be able to use my balance and get a new number after 30 days. Should I just accept "Mad Hot Chocolate Free Plan" for now and hope to upgrade later?

DRMN:
    @robnrick ;; yes, you will lose your top up balance at the end of 30 days.  The 30 days after suspension is to allow port out of the numberIn order to keep your top up you should select a plan that's available now.

robnrick:
    DRM, you said "yes, you will lose your top up balance at the end of 30 days" . Obviously that was not quite correct.

Please note that @DRMN ; also said "In order to keep your top up you should select a plan that's available now."

robnrick:
    I have emailed the address you gave me and I'm hoping for the best. Not much else I can do.

I hope you are successful in getting your lines restored.

• I was responding to your specific question. 
    My number and balance was restored. I think an error was made in ending my suspension prematurely but all is well now and I have selected another plan. Thank you for your help

VoIPFanRP