Is Port-in free now or 6.99?

Had a vague impression that R+ made the swap and other service free after the whole Free plan going away situation.  Was port-in part of that?  The port-in page always shows 6.99, but the cost calculation never worked. Thanks in advance.

Comments

• phone swap is free.
  • JandAJandA MVP 20
    Swaps are still free.  The port in price seems to vary but I don't know how/why.  For example, on my plans Port In is $10.  I hear folks talking about $6.99 but I don't know how they got that.  I suspect it's related to their plans.
  • bam²bam² Pro 6
    edited January 10
    Port-ins were not free ($6.99) for me last week. Bummer..

When was phone swaps free? Is it still free now?
  • They raised the cost of a Port from 6.99 to $10 back in Oct.
  • I have $6.99 on one line, one is $10 and one is free for ports.  
  • LOL.  I guess the answer is "It Depends"
  • edited January 10
    mmfacemm:
    I have $6.99 on one line, one is $10 and one is free for ports.  

Interesting,  I went back and checked my "free" Mad Oak and Plum plans and they do specify $6.99 yet my paid Mad Man and Fert Plans specify $10,  no freebies for me.   :(
    Most likely just a failure to update their system for these free plans?

There was an official post on raising Swaps from 1.99 to 4.99,  Ports 6.99 to $10 and Number Changes $.99 to $2.99 back in October.  Just more inconsistencies with this company.

Number changes on all my plans show $2.99 and as of right now there is no way to tell of any inconsistencies in the cost of swaps between plans.

• VoIPFanRPVoIPFanRP All Star 59
    bam²:
    When was phone swaps free? Is it still free now?

From what I've read, it's been free since the end of November.

It's still free when this was typed, so take advantage of the $4.99 gift while you can. :)

mmfacemm:
    The_Uncomfortable_Truth_:
    yet my paid Mad Man and Fert Plans specify $10

I, too, show all three prices, but I noticed the lines that had device swaps were also the lines that have a $10 port-in fee.

• JandAJandA MVP 20
    VoIPFanRP:
    I noticed the lines that had device swaps were also the lines that have a $10 port-in fee.

All 3 of my lines show $10 but only one had a device swap (it too showed $10 before the swap).

mmfacemm:

I wonder if this could be plan related.  Care to share what your plans are that have the different port in fees?  Any Member+ involved?

My Free Mad Promo 3 and Mad Truly Free plans all show $10.

• VoIPFanRP:

From what I've read, it's been free since the end of November.

It's still free when this was typed, so take advantage of the $4.99 gift while you can.

Right on target!! I received a free phone swap!!! Thanks!!

• VoIPFanRPVoIPFanRP All Star 59
    bam²:
    Right on target!! I received a free phone swap!!! Thanks!!

You're welcome.