Mad Avatar Upgrade VoIP minutes are counted against cell minutes.

I am using SIP phone for outgoing calls but my VoIP details line still shows 0/500 VoIP Minutes 100% left. Am I missing something?

Comments

• jamielihjamielih Moderator 119
    edited January 10
    Just tested using Zoiper on Windows 10 on Mad Avatar Upgrade plan, & it took 2 mins out of the 500 VoIP minutes. YMMV.
  • ernplkernplk Novice 2
    edited January 11
    Just tried again after new billing cycle and my VoIP minutes counter stays at 0. What should I do?
    Tested another Mad Avatar Upgrade - VoIP minutes correctly go in to VoIP bucket.
    Sam432
  • ernplkernplk Novice 2
    I tried to file a ticket using help system but it is clearly designed to discourage anyone to file any tickets - I can't figure out what category even remotely matches my problem.
  • ernplkernplk Novice 2
    Still VoIP counter is not moving. Stays at zero. Ticket 72106 got canned response, seems nobody read it.

Read the comment on my profile if you want me to ping R+ with your ticket #.
  • ernplkernplk Novice 2
    jamielih:
    Read the comment on my profile if you want me to ping R+ with your ticket #.
    Based on your instructions I must wait another three days.

• VoIPFanRPVoIPFanRP All Star 59
    ernplk:

I am using SIP phone for outgoing calls but my VoIP details line still shows 0/500 VoIP Minutes 100% left. Am I missing something?
    ---
    Just tried again after new billing cycle and my VoIP minutes counter stays at 0. What should I do?
    Tested another Mad Avatar Upgrade - VoIP minutes correctly go in to VoIP bucket.

Would please share some more information about your test? 

• Where both tests conducted with the same phone at the same location (but with different credentials)?

• Is the SIP phone a smartphone with SIP app, a hardware SIP phone, or a POTS phone connected to an ATA (OBiHai, Linksys, Cisco)?

• Is the SIP phone directly registered to sip.ringplus.net, to an ATA (OBiHai, Linksys, Cisco, etc), or to a PBX (Asterisk, FreeSWITCH, PBXes.org, etc)?

• What is the data path to the FluidCall server?  Is it using cellular data, WiFi, or wired lan?

I'm trying to validate some test results, and further information would be appreciated. :)

Promoze
    edited January 15
    Some seredipitous testing on this yielded the following observations.

Before making a call using Fluidcall / SIP / Zoiper on Windows 10, the Mad Avatar Upgrade R+ dashboard said 27 minutes out of 275 minutes used & 0 minutes out of 500 voip minutes used.

Then a Zoiper call was made, which R+ dashboard showed as 1 outgoing minute.

The R+ dashboard said 27 minutes used out of 275 minutes & 1 minute used out of 500 voip.

But, going to Billing History page, & the invoice that had the Zoiper call doesn't show even the 500 voip being available. But it shows 27 minutes used of the 275 minutes. Clicking on the 27 minutes to show the individual calls shows the 1 minute Zoiper call!!! What the.

Adding up the minutes in the page with individual calls results in 28 minutes. OMG! What the. Math is hard. Recall though that in the earlier screens, it was clear that only 27 minutes counted against 275 cellular minutes.

So, while confusing, I believe that R+ is correctly counting voip minutes against the 500 voip minutes, & not against cellular minutes.
    PromozeVoIPFanRP
    edited January 15

ernplk:

Currently, I'm wondering if @ernplk ; is using an Asterisk based PBX, or if some FluidCall servers/VNFs/Pods are misconfigured?

jamielih:
    Before making a call using Fluidcall / SIP / Zoiper on Windows 10, the Mad Avatar Upgrade R+ dashboard said 27 minutes out of 275 minutes used & 0 minutes out of 500 voip minutes used.
    ---
    So, while confusing, I believe that R+ is correctly counting voip minutes against the 500 voip minutes, & not against cellular minutes.

Thanks, this matches my experience when using a SIP client that is directly connecting to sip.ringplus.net (cellular data, and wired broadband).

Using the same account credentials on Mad Avatar (Member+) :

• CSipSimple directly connecting to sip.ringplus.net over celluar data - billed against VoIP allotment.

• CSipSimple directly connecting to sip.ringplus.net via WiFi to wired broadband - billed against VoIP allotment.

• OBi100 ATA directly connecting to sip.ringplus.net over wired broadband - billed against VoIP allotment.

• Ekiga extension registered to PBX (Asterisk) - call made with manual route selection, PBX trunk directly connecting to sip.ringplus.net over wired broadband - billed against cellular voice allotment.

jamielih:
    But, going to Billing History page, & the invoice that had the Zoiper call doesn't show even the 500 voip being available. But it shows 27 minutes used of the 275 minutes. Clicking on the 27 minutes to show the individual calls shows the 1 minute Zoiper call!!! What the.

Nice find.

---

Edited - Inserted first comment.

• ernplkernplk Novice 2
    VoIPFanRP:
    using an Asterisk based PBX, or if some FluidCall servers/VNFs/Pods are misconfigured?
    Correct, misbehaving line uses Asterisk based PBX. I suppose I must change asterisk user-agent line to match one in Bria or Zoiper or any other supposedly supported VoIP clients...
    Anyone from R+ who can provide proper explanation?

ernplk:
    VoIPFanRP:
    using an Asterisk based PBX, or if some FluidCall servers/VNFs/Pods are misconfigured?
    Correct, misbehaving line uses Asterisk based PBX. I suppose I must change asterisk user-agent line to match one in Bria or Zoiper or any other supposedly supported VoIP clients...
    Anyone from R+ who can provide proper explanation?

Hopefully, @startledmarmot ; will see this post regarding FreeSWITCH/Asterisk interaction, and hopefully also look at why the 1.25 GB per 6 month Member+ add on for Mad Avatar (Member+) expired early. :)

Sam432