[Resolved] LTE on Nexus 5x ?

LTE doesnt seem to work on my nexus 5x device. It always connects to 3G. I was using project fi (T-mobile and Sprint) earlier and my phone used to connect to sprint 4g lte without any issue. So its not an issue with network in my area. After switching to R+, 4G LTE is not getting connected. Have it as LTE recommended in settings as well. I am Malevich plan with 500 MB LTE.

Any help on this is appreciated. Thanks

Comments

• HoanHoan Moderator 133
    Is ICCID number listed correctly in "Manage Device" @AravindSuriaraj ;
  • MonkeyMonkey MVP 42
    Question, Do you have the Project Fi SIM or Sprint SIM inside the phone? Also, did you upgrade Profile and PRL?
  • Hoan:
    Is ICCID number listed correctly in "Manage Device" @AravindSuriaraj ;;

Yes, ICCID is listed correct
  • Monkey:
    Question, Do you have the Project Fi SIM or Sprint SIM inside the phone? Also, did you upgrade Profile and PRL?

I was using project Fi sim earlier and changed it to Sprint sim when i ported my number to R+. Got the sim specific for my device. And yes i have upgraded the profile and PRL.
  • MonkeyMonkey MVP 42
    Have you try, turning data off on the dashboard, upgrade PRL, turn data on, and upgrade PRL again?
  • hhfpphonehhfpphone Ethical Committee 222
    Others with the 6P had to do a factory reset to get LTE working.
    Arvy_->_அரவிந்த்
  • @Monkey , Tried the option suggested, still no LTE.

@hhfpphone  that would be the last option to try out.

• EnteEnte Pro 11
    I also have a Nexus 5X formerly with Project Fi. After putting in a new SIM and PRL update,  it was only connecting to 3G, so today I did a factory reset and it immediately started connecting to LTE.
    Arvy_->_அரவிந்த்akaLTDtimba5
  • @Ente Looks like that is the only option i have. Trying it out now.
  • Yep. Did a factory reset and i am seeing LTE now. Should have had an easier method to fix this. Thank you guys
  • Did anyone try Settings/ Activate/ Reset Carrier Data ?
  • EnteEnte Pro 11
    Yes, I also tried resetting the carrier data and it didn't do anything.
  • comintelcomintel Pro 8
    edited June 2016
    Ente:
    Yes, I also tried resetting the carrier data and it didn't do anything.

Assuming you did it in the method I described using menus (not via # codes which may not be equivalent) it sounds like a bug in the Nexus software then.  
  • akaLTDakaLTD Moderator 115
    edited June 2016
    Sounds like this almost needs to be a FAQ and listed in the FAQ Master list.

edit:Anyone know if this just a problem with the Nexus 5x coming from Project Fi or all Nexus 5x?
  • gamescangamescan All Star 55
    akaLTD:
    Anyone know if this just a problem with the Nexus 5x coming from Project Fi or all Nexus 5x?
    I believe this is a Fi thing due to the multi-mode, multi-network setup of Fi. Swapping between TMO and Sprint proper shouldn't be an issue.
  • akaLTDakaLTD Moderator 115
    gamescan:
    I believe this is a Fi thing due to the multi-mode, multi-network setup of Fi. Swapping between TMO and Sprint proper shouldn't be an issue.
    Thanks. I added to the FAQ Master list anyway as a TIP: for No LTE Nexux 5x .. just in case. :) It seems I've seen this mentioned several times now.

hhfpphonetitetaniumArvy_->_அரவிந்த்
  • edited August 2016
    Almost 1.5 months later, my mobile is picking only 3G now. Tried PRL update and network reset. Didnt work. Haven't tried factory reset yet. Checking to see if there are any other options discovered in past few days :smile: 

Not sure if this is same as the LTE issues on Nexus 6. 
    http://www.androidcentral.com/having-lte-issues-nexus-6-google-working-fix

• jamielihjamielih Moderator 127
    AravindSuriaraj:
    Almost 1.5 months later, my mobile is picking only 3G now. Tried PRL update and network reset. Didnt work. Haven't tried factory reset yet. Checking to see if there are any other options discovered in past few days

Does turning off GPS make your phone pick up LTE better?
  • edited August 2016
    Tried the option listed in that link and LTE is back :smile: Posting it for the benefit of other folks. Updates to Google connectivity services seems to have ruined something.

"Settings -> Apps -> tap three dots in upper right, Show System, scroll down to Google Connectivity Services, tap three dots in upper right, Uninstall Updates.

Then do a full power down reboot"

Thanks

jamieliholdbooks1He_Who_Laughs_Last_LOLfishladyakaLTD
  • jamielih:
    Does turning off GPS make your phone pick up LTE better?

I didn't have any GPS issue. Uninstalling Google connectivity services updates helped though.
  • rac623rac623 Novice 0
    edited October 2016
    Got it working without having to do a factory reset.  Dont know if this will work for you but it did for me.
    1.  From Dialer dial *#*#3282#*#*
    2.  Go to APN Settings - click on 3 dots on top left and Reset to default
    3.  Go to eHRPD - Edit - Enter your MSL (000000) - Make sure its Enabled ON  (
    4.  Go to EVDO - DDTM OFF
    5.  Reboot Phone
    akaLTDstellar-infrared-paisley-fountain-904913KentE
  • Thank you @rac623 . Its working fine for now. If i have this issue popup again, will try it out.
  • I followed your instructions, @rac623 , and it worked great for me.  No factory reset required.  Thanks!
    KentE