where is # on calculator?

I have been looking at the instructions for how to provision a tablet (http://support.ringplus.net/support/solutions/articles/8000033052-manually-programming-an-android-tablet). The calculator app on my tablet (Sprint Slate 8 AQT80) does not have a "#" button as far as I can tell.

Ideas or suggestions?

Comments

• HoanHoan Moderator 133
    Did you try to rotate it to landscape view ?
    hhfpphone
  • hhfpphonehhfpphone Ethical Committee 221
    I don't see a # on my calculator app either.
  • DoctorDoomDoctorDoom MVP 40
    edited April 2016
    I checked my calculator app on my LG Gpad, and even the scientific calculator does not have it.  Good luck!
    hhfpphone
  • HoanHoan Moderator 133
     :o 
  • oldbooks1oldbooks1 Champion 173
    I am looking at the device manual.

Do you have Google Keyboard visible?
    hhfpphone
    Maybe the paid version has it?  IDK.
  • KentEKentE Moderator 167
    Maybe download a dialer app from google play?
    hhfpphoneHoan
  • DoctorDoomDoctorDoom MVP 40
    edited April 2016
    Here's the solution
    Hook up USB OTG cable
    Hook up USB keyboard
    Open Calculator app, and you can now enter a #

feel free to show some love by clicking on my heart, haha
    hhfpphoneHoanoldbooks1WJCarpenter
    Larry1:
    Here's the solution

Neat.  How did you figure it out?
  • oldbooks1:
    Neat.  How did you figure it out?

Credit goes to you.  Once you mentioned using a Google keyboard it just clicked for me
  • edited April 2016
    On a G Pad you go to activate device and when it starts to load the screen press the down volume key 3x and you get the EPST menu. Others ?

I have been looking at the instructions for how to provision a tablet (http://support.ringplus.net/support/solutions/articles/8000033052-manually-programming-an-android-tablet). The calculator app on my tablet (Sprint Slate 8 AQT80) does not have a "#" button as far as I can tell.

What happens when it enter Hands free and you just tap activate device and do not touch any buttons?

Those instructions posted above are for Samsung devices?

Larry1:
    it just clicked for me

Glad you saw the way forward.

I was very much still scratching my head.  It had not "clicked" for me. :)

• No external keyboard required. You can also cut/paste into the calc app from a note app.
    hhfpphoneDoctorDoom
  • Lortirip:
    No external keyboard required. You can also cut/paste into the calc app from a note app.

Good suggestion. Unfortunately, the evil genius calculator app on my device is two moves ahead of you. There is no paste, alas.
  • WJCarpenter:
    Unfortunately, the evil genius calculator app on my device is two moves ahead of you. There is no paste, alas.

Yikes!  Can you long-press and release in the number field and maybe a Paste and/or Clip Tray option shows up?
    @WJCarpenter ;

Did you follow the instructions on page 40 of the manual for PRL Update an UICC Unlock and get a specific error message?
    OP is asking about the calculator app.
  • Lortirip:
    Can you long-press and release in the number field and maybe a Paste and/or Clip Tray option shows up?

I know what you mean about the long press. I use it all the time for other things. I pressed until my thumb turned purple, but no little paste chiclet or anything else showed up.
  • oldbooks1:
    Did you follow the instructions on page 40 of the manual for PRL Update an UICC Unlock and get a specific error message?

Yeah, I did try that. FYI, I have two of these tablets. On one of them, the client-initiated PRL update chugs along pretty much as I would expect. On the second, however, it looks like nothing happens. Ditto for the client-initiated Profile update and the UICC unlock menu items.

(For those wondering, @oldbooks1 means this manual: http://support.sprint.com/global/pdf/user_guides/american_network_solutions/slate_8_inch_tablet/slate_8_inch_tablet_ug.pdf
  • hhfpphone:

True enough, though my actual goal is to just try a PRL update somehow. And even that is not my actual goal: I have this tablet activated on R+, but it will not connect properly to the Sprint network. If I manually connect it (via the Cellular networks) menu, it stays connected for a minute or so and then drops off again. During that minute or so, I don't have any access to mobile data. So, I'm trying various things (just short of playing frisbee with it) to see if I can nudge it into service.
  • WJCarpenter:
    I know what you mean about the long press. I use it all the time for other things. I pressed until my thumb turned purple, but no little paste chiclet or anything else showed up.

OK, maybe it needs a few digits in there first, then long-press or click on the digits to get some popup? Otherwise it's sad :( this calulator doesn't play nice with others.  

Good luck!
    hhfpphone:

Sorry, you are absolutely correct.

I had made an unwarranted assumption that the OP was asking about # because the approach in the manual had not worked.
    :)