Delete pls

lexusl21lexusl21 Pro 14
edited December 2017 in Ask a moderator
Delete

Comments

• 1birdman11birdman1 Moderator 49
    Hmm, I can't speak for all mods, but I haven't heard anything from Karl and team in a long time.

There hasn't been much activity here since ring plus closed. 

Sprint is offering free service now. 

Best of luck to you though. Hope you get it!

I'd not spend much time planning what to spend it on though. 

I'd love to see R+ come out strong, but right now, it's not looking like it. 
    jamielihDiedrich_Duolexusl21titetanium
  • KentEKentE Moderator 168
    @lexusl21 ;  I'm sorry to hear this!   Thanks for being patient for so long, and for your persistence in following up.
  • lexusl21lexusl21 Pro 14
    edited December 2017
    Delete pls
  • I never really understood why Karl and other employees even offered giveaways. I appreciate their attempt to revive themselves, but I am pretty sure most if not all people lost all that hope when we were forced to port out or go to ting...
  • mmfacemmmmfacemm All Star 48
    I imagine they were paid by providers like speedtalk and TPO to host the promos and generate buzz.  Part of that buzz generation was to offer some free phones and other goodies from the left over stock and returned loaner phones.  It worked.  I know I signed up to some of these plans.  It was a good idea.

However it appears the deals have stopped, ringplus is also no longer interested in being here and have decided that any outstanding issues with prizes will be written off.  I suspect the staff have been let go and Karl himself isn't coming on here to sort it out.  So chances of getting anything is zero.  
  • KentEKentE Moderator 168
    @mmfacemm said:
    I suspect the staff have been let go
    This is the only part of your thoughts that I might disagree with, although it may be a matter of semantics. 
    I believe that Karl always had other business interests outside of RingPlus, and that after the demise of RingPlus, the plan was to shift employees to other concerns if they weren't needed at RingPlus.. 
       So maybe not "let go", but shifted elsewhere.
      For practical purposes, the result is similar.  There is likely little employee attention to RingPlus matters..

Oh okay - thanks for that correction.  That would be good.  I mean we all lost cell service but you have to feel for those who had more invested like the employees.  
    KentEakaLTD
    edited November 2017
    Glad to see one person has received their prize.  Hopefully @PSantos or whoever is involved can help @grandpas-aqua-cracked-chandelier-7444 out with the iphone 6+ and samsung S6 they are owed for their prize.  

http://social.ringplus.net/discussion/comment/154525/#Comment_154525
    edited December 2017
    Delete pls
  • Happy for you ! :)
  • hhfpphonehhfpphone Ethical Committee 221
    Ditto!  Great to hear, what must have been a difficult time for ringplus but they pulled through eventually, as always! :)
    edited December 2017
    Delete pls
  • I am the one who was supposed to receive iPhone 6 plus and Samsung Galaxy S6+, which I won in June, but have not received devices yet. I Pmed PSantos many times but no reply.

edited December 2017
    Delete pls