SOLVED - Moto E4 on Freedompop as a Sprint CDMA device.

2»

Comments

• DavidDavid Novice 3
    @KentE said:
    I assume you had to enter the ICCID on Tello when you activated there?

Yes

@KentE said:
    (and you at least had LTE indicator in the status bar on the phone

Yes

@KentE said:
    And left the same SIM card in the phone when you went back to Freedompop again?

Yes

I see the missing LTE on FP being question of whether:

(A) FP does not properly have the ICCID attached to the phone\account or

(B) much like the Moto G4s and G5s, the Moto E4 is having problems with it's APN settings.

As for option A above - I have asked FP to check whether or not the ICCID information looks correct in the account and to fix it if there is a problem.

As for option B above - I installed the "Change APN" app, unfortunately, there is no "Reset to Default" option. In fact, there are no options available , no three dots, nothing at all.

I suppose I could go with the nuclear option and do a factory reset.  My daughter would kill me if I reset it again though.

• DavidDavid Novice 3
    Looking for all ideas on how to reset APN settings on Moto E4 that does not involve factory resetting.
  • watermugwatermug Novice 0
    edited July 29
    @KentE said:
    Can I ask where you were porting to?     It seems that most of the issues we've seen for failure to provision correctly are Sprint-network to Sprint-network:  but I don't know if that's the only possibility.

Oops, thought I mentioned that. It was from Ting to Tello (using the Tello sprint CDMA sim for both) so that definitely matches up.

• DavidDavid Novice 3

Success!!

Couldn't find a way to reset just the APN setting so I went with a factory reset.  LTE was immediately working. Only minor weirdness I am aware of is that there is a message that says "Roaming Indicator Off".  The warning does not seem to affect function

I now have a new Motorola Moto E4 working on Freedompop as a Sprint BYOD device with (Premium) voice, 3G and LTE data working.

akaLTD
  • KentEKentE Moderator 167
    edited July 29
    Thanks for letting us know it worked, David!  
      I wish we could come up with a method that works for everyone  without requiring a factory reset.   For a while, it appeared that Change APN was that method.....
  • DavidDavid Novice 3
    @KentE said:
    For a while, it appeared that Change APN was that method.....
    My understanding of the app is that it's really just a shortcut to the (often hidden) APN menu.  I'm guessing that Motorola has further hidden\removed\moved access to the reset APN function. I will probably message the apps author to let him\her know how it behaves on the E4.  Maybe he can find a solution.

• watermugwatermug Novice 0
    edited July 30
    Glad to hear that worked, I wouldn't have wanted to reset either, but I was also having crashes with the google app/launcher. As far as I know, devices activated on Sprint hide the APN menu (maybe just some devices or the multiple carrier phones?), but I don't have any GSM or Verizon sim cards to test it out