Does FluidCall VOIP work for anyone?

Just curious.  I noticed it stop working a few weeks ago.  You can still change the password in the control panel but shows request timeout when connecting.  About ready to delete the login info.

Thanks.

Comments

• No. it doesn't work anymore.
  • KentEKentE Moderator 167
    I don't use FluidCall, so I don't know if it's indicative of a failure, or intentional decommissioning
    Maybe @Classifieds or @startledmarmot might have some input?
  • duhduh Novice 0
    @KentE , @Classifieds , @startledmarmot
    Fluidcall International has been a great way to use up our remaining balances on international calls, but the system does have a tendency to go down every few months. That would be fine if the technical powers that be monitor the system and simply reboot the server when this happens to bring it back online. However, whoever is working IT in the offices does not seem to be aware that Fluidcall is down and there is no way for any of us who have been relying on that for international calls to reach out and get it back online. Please will anyone take care of that and reach out to someone who can reboot the server or give us a contact so we can do that ourselves...
  • MCHayashiMCHayashi All Star 59
    edited July 9
    @jamielih @KentE

Hey Jamie + KentE.

Long time dude. Im going to kinda hijack this thread since I have a related question and it looks like forum activity has been pretty dead. i havent been around after the R+ shutdown.

So where can I find the latest info on whats going on and who/what/where etc etc? Would be great if I had a wiki to read thru.

Basically, since FEB, I just went over to Tello and left my R+ account here. So what now? Not really sure whats up with this Fluid Call thing as I thought R+ accounts would be decommissioned and deleted by now. Dont understand why R+ accounts still show our numbers. They work for FC?

And how do I just delete my R+ account? My CC is still linked for some reason.
  • jamielihjamielih Moderator 126
    MCHayashi

Good to see you. Don't know how to delete R+ account. R+ doesn't really have your number, but I understand the number that R+ has on record for you can be used its SIP service, which appears to have crashed, despite Karl upgrading it from a Moto E 2015 (2nd gen) to a BLU device (GSM, even).

Not sure there's a satisfactory way to unlink CC. If I were bent on "unlinking", I'd simply ask CC company for a new number. That can potentially have collateral issues.

As for fun times with the old gang, in addition to R+ forum here, see www.nthcircle.com, a forum generously set up by former moderator hungryghost.
    MCHayashi
    @jamielih said:
    MCHayashi

Good to see you. Don't know how to delete R+ account. R+ doesn't really have your number, but I understand the number that R+ has on record for you can be used its SIP service, which appears to have crashed, despite Karl upgrading it from a Moto E 2015 (2nd gen) to a BLU device (GSM, even).

Not sure there's a satisfactory way to unlink CC. If I were bent on "unlinking", I'd simply ask CC company for a new number. That can potentially have collateral issues.

As for fun times with the old gang, in addition to R+ forum here, see www.nthcircle.com, a forum generously set up by former moderator hungryghost.

good to see you around as well. yea, i have to visit the Nth Circle. I know the party moved over there.

really appreciate the quick response here. I guess this R+ account is basically an old shell with "no value" so I wont worry about it for now. not sure how long this website will be up but I assume it will be shut down sometime in the future if there is no real product or service and monetizing revenue supporting it. hence i was wondering what Karls plans were.

thanks a lot man. will see you over at the Nth Circle!
    @MCHayashi
      I'm surprised your account here still shows a CC-- I thought they were deleted automatically some time ago.  I know at the time RP shut down phone service, CCs could also be manually deleted without technically closing the account.  I think it's still also possible to delete all lines from your account, which should close the account-- although I haven't tried it.  (I know it did work originally.)

Karl's intention is to keep the website up as long as possible-- RP is still actively working with assisting other MVNOs with promos-- take a quick look through the Deals section for some of the past promos that have been promoted here.

Tello seems to be an excellent landing space-- I've got a line there, and moved several of "my folks" over there, too.

MCHayashi
    @KentE said:
      I'm surprised your account here still shows a CC-- I thought they were deleted automatically some time ago.  I know at the time RP shut down phone service, CCs could also be manually deleted without technically closing the account.  I think it's still also possible to delete all lines from your account, which should close the account-- although I haven't tried it.  (I know it did work originally.)

Karl's intention is to keep the website up as long as possible-- RP is still actively working with assisting other MVNOs with promos-- take a quick look through the Deals section for some of the past promos that have been promoted here.

Tello seems to be an excellent landing space-- I've got a line there, and moved several of "my folks" over there, too.

Hey Kent.

Long time man. Thank you so much for the response. Yea, I am surprised about the CC too. Based on how the R+ portal functioned, I am not surprised about glitches and that my CC info still resides here when its not supposed to. However, all support ticket function has been turned off. Is there a way you can just send them a quick note to remove my CC info from my profile? I assume its easy for them. If Karl is still keeping this site on life support then I will just keep my account for now. No need to delete my account i guess. Sounds like there are still people employed there.

While I can see MVNO deals come thru via this site, I wanna see what Karl does with R+. Lost a lot money via M+ subscriptions so hopefully R+ will rise again.
  • @MCHayashi i removed my CC details from my account by visiting my dashboard. under the graph part ( or what once showed your activity) there was links to each phone. i clicked there and then it opened that phones profile then i chose credit cards then unchecked the default icon then deleted the cc off the phone. if you have more than 1 phone you have to do it individually by visiting each phones profile  
    MCHayashi
    @ferocious-onyx-glossy-iguana-210905 said:
    i removed my CC details from my account
    I did the same process on one of my accounts, and it does seem to still be working.  Thanks @ferocious-onyx-glossy-iguana-210905 ; for the detailed description!

If for some reason that does not work on your account, if you have a CC provider that issues virtual CC, you might be able to create a virtual card with a very low limit & a near expiration date, and set it as default, which should allow the original card to then be deleted.  Again, I can't verify that it's still possible to add a new payment method.

@MCHayashi, if neither of those works, try sending an email to ethics@ringplus.net, and ask for the CC info to be deleted.   I have a feeling that one way or the other, the request will have to come from you.  The mods may be able to get the attention of a staff member, but ultimately I think it will take contact with you to do this.

I'm glad to hear from you, MC!  I miss your good attitude and your passionate posts!

MCHayashi
    @ferocious-onyx-glossy-iguana-210905 said:
    i removed my CC details from my account by visiting my dashboard. under the graph part ( or what once showed your activity) there was links to each phone. i clicked there and then it opened that phones profile then i chose credit cards then unchecked the default icon then deleted the cc off the phone. if you have more than 1 phone you have to do it individually by visiting each phones profile
    thank you very much for the response. appreciate your suggestion.

unfortunately, it seems i have a different issue. I do not see any option to check or uncheck the default icon. the orange bar is greyed out. I also get the error message that "You must choose a different payment method for each of the following accounts before this can be removed."

this makes it very clear that i must ADD another CC which I can not do and gives me an error message as well. Most likely R+ has turned this feature off since they have no reason to accept CC info. so I am not sure how you had the option to uncheck the default box. hmm.

@KentE said:
    If for some reason that does not work on your account, if you have a CC provider that issues virtual CC, you might be able to create a virtual card with a very low limit & a near expiration date, and set it as default, which should allow the original card to then be deleted.  Again, I can't verify that it's still possible to add a new payment method.

@MCHayashi, if neither of those works, try sending an email to ethics@ringplus.net, and ask for the CC info to be deleted.   I have a feeling that one way or the other, the request will have to come from you.  The mods may be able to get the attention of a staff member, but ultimately I think it will take contact with you to do this.

I'm glad to hear from you, MC!  I miss your good attitude and your passionate posts!

hey kent. thank you so much for the response! unfortunately, the CC adding feature is turned off. so your idea would be great, but it can not be performed.

Also, theres another issue. I have sent the E-Mail as you had suggested, but that E-Mail address is no longer in service. geez R+, turned off all the lights in the house!

Please let someone on the team know that I have this particular request. I am not even sure if you are able to effectively communicate with them any longer. Please let me know. since FluidCall is no longer working with no updates from R+, i am assuming some crap is going down over there. not sure. however, they are still working with other vendors to get their promos to post on this site, so I am sure someone is over there at R+.

The June 2017 TPO promo is very interesting because they have plan names that are very reminiscent of R+. I wonder if TPO hired some R+ staff.

lastly, it has been really awesome connecting with you and everyone on this board! thank you for your dedication man! your help and assistance from others did mean a lot to me and made for a great community! and it looks like you are active over at the Nth. its a very interesting message board over there filled with various topics. haha. cant believe there are still mods here. hope youre doing well man!
    @MCHayashi ;   On the account I experimented with, the buttons looked exactly as shown in your picture.  Despite appearing non-functional, the "Remove" button did remove the CC info from the line.  Do you get the error message described when you click the "Remove" button?   (In fact, this is what would have happened prior to RP discontinuing active plans, since a CC was required.)

If that's the case, it appears that some accounts are functioning as intended to allow the CC to be removed, and some are still adhering to the old rules requiring 'some' CC-- awkward since the addition of an alternative (and crippled) card is not possible.

Is your preference to leave the account open, with deleted CC info?   (Only really useful if FluidCall comes back, or some other amenity becomes available for account holders.)
    OR to close and delete the account entirely?   (If this, have you tried closing the lines one at a time?  Again, this did work the last time I tried it on one of my lines, but it's been a while.  Even by the old algorithms, the final line deleted should close the account automatically & delete all CC info.

If you can confirm your desire in this thread, I'll send a message to staff requesting assistance, and leave a pointer to your comment in thread.   If the lines are in an account belonging to a forum name other than MCHayashi, it would probably help to state that member name, as well. (For management, I had accounts with several member names, as did many others-- but always posted only from this forum name/account.)

Thanks for the hat-tip!  I always felt the "secret power" of RingPlus was it's active, knowledgeable, and helpful membership base, and you were a big part of that along with countless others!

MCHayashi
    @KentE said:
    Do you get the error message described when you click the "Remove" button?

yes. i cant even click on the remove button. it has no function. but a popup comes up with a mouseover and you see the error message. so funny that others can remove the CC but I cant not. something must be up here with my account. as you said, i cant even add a new CC. many functions of the website no longer works.
    @KentE said:
    Is your preference to leave the account open, with deleted CC info?   (Only really useful if FluidCall comes back, or some other amenity becomes available for account holders.)

Exactly. At first, I thought about deleting my account altogether. However, I will be one of those guys who hangs on until the very end. haha. Karl didnt nuke the site for a reason. I am curious to find out what exactly will happen. therefore, for now, i just want my CC info removed but everything else intact. maybe Karl will make a huge comeback and beat out all the haters. TBD.

All my accounts are managed under one account and under my Email used on this forum. Therefore, they should find me easily since the accounts are linked.

Please do send a quick note to them. This should be an easy fix I assume.

Thank you so much man! Really appreciate your assistance!
    @MCHayashi ;  I've sent a message to staff requesting assistance.   If that fails, maybe @Classifieds can give you a hand with cancelling old CC info from your account.
    MCHayashi
    @KentE said:
    @MCHayashi ;;  I've sent a message to staff requesting assistance.   If that fails, maybe @Classifieds can give you a hand with cancelling old CC info from your account.

Got it! THANK YOU!
  • ernplkernplk Novice 2
    So what is up with SIP? I haven't been able to connect for quite some time.
  • jamielihjamielih Moderator 126
    Karl is still working on transitioning the SIP server from R+'s Moto E 2015 2nd Gen to the Vzw Prepaid Moto E4 on sale at Wmt & Tgt. He's waiting for the ebay code to unlock the E4, so he can use the FP LTE SIM, though he probably should just use Starbucks wifi instead.