Tello new customer promo-- 70% off first month

For those who might miss the new post in the Deals section, Tello's running a promo limited to new customers-- 70% off the first month for any plan priced at $10 or more
https://social.ringplus.net/discussion/12183/save-money-for-cool-sunglasses-switch-to-tello-70-off-to-build-your-ideal-plan-worth-10#latest
The prom seems to be limited to those who haven't had a Tello account before.

Please read some of the existing Tello threads to see how everything works over there-- for now, I"ll just mention that it seems to be one of the favorites here for a combination of service, pricing, and flexibility.  The Tello reps have also been very responsive in the forum if you have questions.  (If you want to address a Tello rep specificially, probably best to do it in the linked thread-- I"m sure they'll be keeping an eye open there.)

Comments

• alsals Pro 11
      I'm a Tello believer!
     Tello's Paygo is the best!
     I might use 2 minutes in 7 months and then 600 minutes in 2 weeks.
     I've got it if I need it and don't pay a dime when I don't.
    Thanks Tello!!!!
     (Wish you were gsm_)
  • Ola, I need some assistance with Tello. I chose the cheapo $7 (100 minutes, 200mb, no text), and I didn't even think about the fact that I needed Google Voice to send one text in order to confirm my phone, and since I don't have any texting ability, I cannot get the message. I put 10 bucks into my acct to try some texting under the pay as you go, but nothing. Any suggestions?

• KentEKentE Moderator 167
    I think you may need to go into your dashboard and set up allowed use of the PayGo balance.   Tello allows you to fine-tune what the PayGo balance can be used for.  Most folks here might allow use on voice/text, but not allow PayGo balance to pay for extra data. 
       If you very recently did the PayGo deposit, perhaps it might take 24 hours for the system to update to reflect that?

If that doesn't help, I'm sure Tello's Customer Service reps would help figure out what the problem is.  I've only heard good reports about their assistance.
  • jamielihjamielih Moderator 127
    @yodelyfish said:
    Ola, I need some assistance with Tello. I chose the cheapo $7 (100 minutes, 200mb, no text), and I didn't even think about the fact that I needed Google Voice to send one text in order to confirm my phone, and since I don't have any texting ability, I cannot get the message. I put 10 bucks into my acct to try some texting under the pay as you go, but nothing. Any suggestions?

What happens when you try to send a text?

Also, try updating PRL and updating profile in your phone's settings.
  • mmfacemmmmfacemm All Star 48
    If you have $10 paygo credit you have texting abilities.  You probably need to update your settings as jamielih suggested.