TPO June 2017 Promo - official post

Comments

• IsamorphIsamorph MVP 27
    @akula1488 said:
    @Isamorph said:
    Peculiar---I'm in California with same plan $7.99+$1.04= $9.03. As speculated on before, tax must differ from county to county or city to city, or some combo thereof.

the California MTS surcharge varies by city. 
    https://www.boe.ca.gov/app/mts_rates.aspx

Thanks---makes sense now. In my county ( I live in an unincorporated city ) tax is %5.90+whatever fees,etc.
    energetic-golden-checked-frog-118774
  • @akula1488 said:
    Yes. For Tello, use Paygo for voice and subscribe a plan for text/data

I did this combo in the beginning. But I changed to a plan with 100 voice and 200mb because I wanted to take advantage of the roll over voice minutes when you reload before the due date.Even if I I had to pay tax on voice, I liked that combination. But now I get unlimited voice with TPO which is nice to have for a low price. 
  • ProductAmount
    Custom Plan 
    100 minutes$3
    200 MB $4
    Next billing date: 06/25/2017
    Taxes and Surcharges 
    Federal Cost Recovery Charge$0.02
    Federal Universal Service Fund$0.19
    Prepaid Mts Surcharge-e911$0.02
    Prepaid Mts Surcharge-local$0.20
    Prepaid Mts Surcharge-puc$0.15
    Total $7.59

This is Tello's summarized  billing. I hope to see TPO's summarized billing soon.
  • @BrentskyBoodle said:
    I would strongly suggest using Twigby for anyone looking for service. With them you get free Verizon roaming and the same unlimited 64k and you can actually get a customer service rep on the line in a matter of seconds via live chat on their site.  

I can't comment on TPO since I haven't ever used their service or dealt with their customer service reps, but I second your comments regarding Twigby.  Their website is very user friendly, and if you need help their chat support is available 7 days a week, and all of their reps are extremely knowledgeable, helpful, and patient.  I highly recommend Twigby for anyone who thinks they might need support or assistance -- the extra dollar or two each month (depending upon your plan) is well worth it!
  • lassiesmalassiesma Novice 0
    I finally switched from Ting last night.  It is nice not having to agonize over every spam text and telemarketer that left a voice mail.
    Diedrich_Duo
  • BigcuzdaveBigcuzdave Novice 0
    I personally took advantage of it. I got the $4.99 plan, and I have 100 talk/text//MB with 64K afterwards, but if speed tests are accurate, it's 128K all day every day.

I used the TPO SIM, GSM on an iphone and am loving it. I ordered another SIM and will go with the $7.99 plan on another phone.
  • jSoNjSoN Pro 6
    @Bigcuzdave thx for updating on ur experience. Qq on network, can you please confirm with iPhone/settings/general/about on GSM sim connected to t-mobile?

I wish they could offer/extend these plans beyond June...
  • mmfacemmmmfacemm All Star 48
    edited June 26
    Signed up last night to try out the Cordial plan.  I think the Benevolent plan is really great value but I need more data vs more calls/texts.  Came to $8.32 with taxes and fees.  

After leaving it overnight everything is working now at 2pm.  My number ported fine and data, mms etc works.  It is nice to have 25mbps data again instead of 1mbps with sprint! As well as being able to use my cellphone at home for calls if necessary.

I notice there is a 1gb add on in the account that you can purchase for $12 which is nice.  That will take care of those months I need more than 250mb and want LTE.

It also shows remaining minutes/texts and data in the account which is always useful.   

There are some decent international calling options as well.  

Happy so far - thank you TPO!
  • Just signed up today.  Couldn't pass up on Benevolent; don't need data.  Ported from Twigby and went through really quick, maybe 15 minutes?  Had no issues with Twigby and would easily return.  Crazy going from 1 provider to the next in such a short period of time.  Ringplus to Ting to Twigby to TPO (and was initially going to Tello from R+ until port screwed up).  The letter "T" seems popular with MNVOS...lol!

Made a call to TPO customer service to obtain the MSID to program my flip phone and they answer within 2 minutes, so that was good.  Service works as expected on Sprint network and I'm satisfied for now.  Didn't choose a charity yet.

Although I am concerned about how long the company can continue operating under their current business model, I have some lesson learned from the R+ shutdown to hopefully avoid any pitfalls with losing my number.  But until then - Long Live TPO!
  • Does anyone know, till when TPO is offering these plans?
    @grandpas-aqua-cracked-chandelier-7444 said:
    Does anyone know, till when TPO is offering these plans?

They call them June promo plans so I expect until the end of June.  No one has said though - up to TPO.
  • I wish TPO would consider a plan similar to Benevolent, but with at least 250Mb data (plus Unlimited T&T and 64K), priced at about $8.99 or so.. That might work for R+ folk that need more than 100Mb of data (which could be accidentlally exhausted in one session).
    @jon-edw said:
    I wish TPO would consider a plan similar to Benevolent, but with at least 250Mb data (plus Unlimited T&T and 64K), priced at about $8.99 or so.. That might work for R+ folk that need more than 100Mb of data (which could be accidentlally exhausted in one session).

Do note you can buy 1gb of data for $12 from your account.  I imagine it runs out at the end of the month you buy it (?) but it could at least give you extra data now and then when you need it most.  

• KentEKentE Moderator 167
    @mmfacemm said:
    Do note you can buy 1gb of data for $12 from your account.
    I think this is reasonably priced for those who only need it occasionally, and I'm glad to hear it's available!

Traditional cell phone plans are designed to encourage everyone to 'over-buy', so that their plan covers even their unusual months needs.   I appreciate MVNOs that are set up to allow one to buy a plan that fits their average month, and gives options for bumping up allotments when the unusual happens.

Diedrich_Duoenergetic-golden-checked-frog-118774
  • @KentE said:
    Traditional cell phone plans are designed to encourage everyone to 'over-buy', so that their plan covers even their unusual months needs.   I appreciate MVNOs that are set up to allow one to buy a plan that fits their average month, and gives options for bumping up allotments when the unusual happens.

That is one of the main reasons I like Twigby.  You can sign up for a given amount of data, and once you use it up you can either be throttled to 64K for the rest of that billing cycle (Overage Protection On), or just keep using full-speed data and automatically get bumped up to the next tier (and pay the difference, of course... Overage Protection Off) until the next month.  At that time your original data allotment resets and you are back to your normal bill.  Nice!
  • From TPO bout the data add on. They answered this question for me on June 19
    "Your data add on will only be good until your cycle renews. For example, if your services were set to renew on 06/20/2017 and you purchase the add on today, that add on is only good until tomorrow.

Respectfully,
    TPO Customer Care Team"
    mmfacemm
    edited June 28
    @energetic-golden-checked-frog-118774 said:
    Your data add on will only be good until your cycle renews

Thanks.  I figured as much.  Still decent if you know you'll need it in advance.  I usually use more on vacation so that might come in handy.  
  • jefro1jefro1 Novice 0
    Get $20 cashback when you signup at TPO Mobile. Confirmed working!
    Please use my link. 
    www.ebates.com/r/JEF733?eeid=35022
  • jefro1jefro1 Novice 0
    @jefro1 said:
    Get $20 cashback when you signup at TPO Mobile. Confirmed working!
    Please use my link. 
    www.ebates.com/r/JEF733?eeid=35022

Must sign up for Auto-Pay to get the $20. 
  • Jon_VVJon_VV Pro 13
    What do you have to do to sign up to auto pay?
    edited July 1
    @Jon_VV said:
    What do you have to do to sign up to auto pay?

When you sign up autopay is already selected - you'll see it and can deselect it if you really want to.  I am sure pretty much everyone will do autopay otherwise the plan is $5 more expensive!

There is also an autopay section in settings in the online account.  
  • jSoNjSoN Pro 6
    Are these plans still Available? Seems like promo page shows up with offering's, but curious to know if they work.... have a gsm sim and if on t-mobile would be activating one of these plans over the weekend... how about ebates offer... thx
  • ClassifiedsClassifieds RingPlus 137
    @jSoN said:
    Are these plans still Available? Seems like promo page shows up with offering's, but curious to know if they work.... have a gsm sim and if on t-mobile would be activating one of these plans over the weekend... how about ebates offer... thx

Yes the promo is still available 
  • KentEKentE Moderator 167
    @jSoN said:
    have a gsm sim and if on t-mobile would be activating one of these plans over the weekend
    @jSoN ;  2 questions come to mind:
      Early on, it was announced that these promos were for the Sprint network, although during the first few days they were allowing T-Mo selection.   The website looks like it's still allowing GSM signups, but I didn't go far enough to actually sign up.  
      @Classifieds , do you know if GSM selection is still available?

And do have a TPO  GSM SIM, jSon?   I think it requires a TPO specific SIM, and not a previously used SIM.  (For Sprint-network activation, you can reuse a SIM.)

Diedrich_Duo
  • jSoNjSoN Pro 6
    Thx @KentE, I've ordered GSM sim from TPO. Don't want to be on Sprint for obvious reasons....