TPO June 2017 Promo - official post

Comments

• KentEKentE Moderator 167
    @mmfacemm said:
    Congratulations to @lexusl21 ;;
    I hope you enjoy the new phone, @lexusl21
  • buddyroo30buddyroo30 Novice 3
    I just ported from Ting to the TPO Benevolent Plan and I'm having the same issue as some others, i.e. talk and SMS work but not data. I restarted the phone, did carrier reset (##72786#), did PRL and Profile updates, but that didn't fix it. Should I just give it a little more time for the port from Ting to complete (i.e. check again tomorrow), or are there active steps I should take?
  • Took me 2 days to get the port to complete

@buddyroo30
    The "nap method" will frequently fix missing data-- for reasons I don't think any of us understand, it sometimes takes a while for new info to percolate through the system, and either data or SMS seems to be the usual problem.  Typically, 24 hours seems to be a long enough nap for most of these issues to fix themselves, with 36 hours or so being the outside range when you probably need to contact customer service.

##72786# is the generic carrier reset code for 'most' androids, but not all.   Is your phone rebooting after this command?   If so, it's the right code.  If not, post your phone model here and a friendly forum member will probably help you with the right code.
  • @buddyroo30 said:
    I just ported from Ting to the TPO Benevolent Plan and I'm having the same issue as some others, i.e. talk and SMS work but not data. I restarted the phone, did carrier reset (##72786#), did PRL and Profile updates, but that didn't fix it. Should I just give it a little more time for the port from Ting to complete (i.e. check again tomorrow), or are there active steps I should take?

Visit this page. Maybe you can find the solution there. I had to install 2 profiles but only one worked on my iphone. TPO tweakker did not work. I saw the settings for androids as well. https://help.thepeoplesoperator.com/hc/en-gb/articles/205764952-Update-your-data-settings
    KentE
    @energetic-golden-checked-frog-118774 said:
    Visit this page.
    Excellent link!   It appears to be geared for the GSM plans.  I don't think it's applicable for most Android's on the Sprint side, since APNs aren't usually editable there. 

• @KentE said:
    Excellent link!   It appears to be geared for the GSM plans.  I don't think it's applicable for most Android's on the Sprint side, since APNs aren't usually editable there. 

Yes, you are right! I was not able to manually edit the APN either. That is why I installed one the profiles that I found in that page. The profiles I think are just for iPhones and not for CDMA androids.
    I was not able to edit APN settings. I have an Android phone (LG G5). Guess I will just wait a little longer, see if it fixes itself. Also, I'm thinking of moving my wife's iPhone to TPO as well. But that page said MMS is not supported on ios devices. Is that correct? Why not? No way to do MMS on iPhone?
  • I have an iPhone, and I'm able to send mms.
  • I think unlimited 64k makes the most sense value wise if you can sign up for GSM (TMobile);
    For Sprint these plans are not very special when compared to Tello.
  • Jon_VVJon_VV Pro 13
    Grats @lexusl21
  • @akula1488

Really?  Benevolent Unlimited t&t at $7.99 vs Tello Unlimited t&t (no data) at $18?  Both on Sprint.  The value is obvious.
    Relik
    My data magically started working last night, about 24 hours after I activated, so I'm good now. I also ported my wife's iPhone 6S plus over, and her service (voice and data and text) started working right away.
  • My voice and SMS worked right away. Data works after several hours. However, MMS still not work. I use iphone 5s. Anybody has similar issue for MMS? Thanks
  • @buddyroo30 said:
    my wife's iPhone 6S plus over, and her service (voice and data and text) started working right away.

Would you please provide the steps you followed to provision the iPhone? Mine is a sim free iPhone. It has worked with no issues with Tello, RingPlus, and Tracfone. With TPO, It did not work right away I had to install one of their profiles in order to make it work. thanks
    @buddyroo30 said:
    My data magically started working last night, about 24 hours after I activated, so I'm good now. I also ported my wife's iPhone 6S plus over, and her service (voice and data and text) started working right away.
    Good to hear!  Thanks for the update.   In my experience, data and sms usually works immediately-- but I try not to freak out about it if it takes 24 hours.   Again, in my experience, if you aggressively pursue a remedy prior to that,  CS will be glad to assist, and usually have data and/or SMS working withing 24 hours.  ;)     (So I save myself the angst, and take a nap first.) 

• in my case, I waited for 2 days until I started looking on my own :(
    Actually, I spoke too soon about my wife's iPhone. The data actually is not working yet (voice and SMS are okay though). I thought it was working because it said "LTE" right away, but then if you tried to use the data it says there is no connection. On my Android it didn't say anything (LTE or 3G) until data was working. Anyway, hopefully my wife's phone will follow the same pattern as mine and her data will work after a day.
  • GhostDaxedoGhostDaxedo Novice 1
    Just an FYI, it is possible for existing TPO customers to get this deal too, not just new activations.  When Ringplus stopped service, I ported to TPO.  After I saw these plans (Benevolent esp), I contacted TPO customer service to see if an existing but previous RingPlus customer was eligible.  After a short phone call, I got it set up to switch over to the new plan when my current month ends.  I figured I would share this in case anyone else might be in a similar situation.
  • My previous post was wrong! My data and MMS still not working!

I ported in my number from tello yesterday. The voice and SMS worked immediately and worked very well. However, the data and MMS are still not working now. I am using a iphone 5s. I searched help from TPO website and do PRL updating by dialing ##873283#. All procedure was OK and prompt service update complete. However, data and mms still not working. I also did the network reset, reset all settings. All of them not working!. However, the status bar at upleft corner shows LTE. Anyone have any suggestion what should I do. Thanks!
  • I have to admit, reading some the issues through this forum and my own skimming of the TPO support threads make me reluctant to switch.  Contacting their customer service seems very "Ringplus-like".  Further, they don't provide readily available port out instructions, insisting you have to phone contact them for those details.  I am tempted with the Benevolent plan, but hate the thought of potentially "losing" my number should I need to leave the carrier (which happened with RP).
    Well, my wife's iPhone data started working this morning, 24 hours after she switched over to TPO. So we're all good. Best of luck to everyone.
  • IMO, having switched to TPO, was worth the hustle. I take it as a learning experience. Now I pay $7.99+tax=$9.55 for unlimited text, unlimited voice and unlimited throttled data. And like somebody else commented, we do not have to babysit anything. Before, I had to be  checking my allotment very often so I would not go over the limit. Have a great day!
  • Do you guys notice, on TPO ringplus promotion site, they removed the information for unlimited 64k data for ringplus member? Does it mean there is no unlimited 64k data anymore?
  • mmfacemmmmfacemm All Star 48
    @grass-fed-aqua-matte-flag-521064 said:
    Do you guys notice, on TPO ringplus promotion site, they removed the information for unlimited 64k data for ringplus member? Does it mean there is no unlimited 64k data anymore?

It is still there...