TPO June 2017 Promo - official post

Comments

• @Classifieds said:
    We saw that some of you have the problem. TPO asked us to give specifics, hence could you Direct Message me your TPO phone number. 

I already received a PM from rp_mod_edgardo. He is probably checking what is going on.
    Thanks!
  • @KentE said:
    The ##72786# is a generic 'carrier reset' code for most android phones, which gives the phone another chance to provision everything correctly in case something got missed.  It's not a universal command, though-- notably, a lot of Samsung models and flagship phones use a slightly different code.  Since you're getting an "invalid' code response, you might have a phone that uses a slightly different command code.   If you can give the phone model, there's a good chance someone can help you with the right command code. 
    Thank you! My phone is an iPhone 6s plus and on the PM I received from rp_mod_edgardo, he explained to me that this code does not work for iPhones. 
  • KentEKentE Moderator 167
    @energetic-golden-checked-frog-118774 said:
    How do I send you my phone number LOL. I'm not experienced on this kind of things.
    I'm glad to hear Edgardo is assisting you!  But if you need to send a Private Message (PM) in the future, just click on the member's name in one of their posts, which will take you to that member's profile page-- then look for the small envelope icon in the right side of the dark grey bar showing the user information.  This will open up a private message entry field that looks very much like the one you use to post in the forum.

When you first go the member's profile page, you'll probably immediately notice a text entry box labeled "Activity"-- this one is not for a private message, but is for adding an entry to the Profile page.   (So avoid using that field!)

If you receive a PM, the "inbox" icon in the header field at the top of every forum page will show a 'new message waiting' counter.  You can reply to a Private Message directly from reading a PM, too.

energetic-golden-checked-frog-118774
  • @KentE said:
    I'm glad to hear Edgardo is assisting you!  But if you need to send a Private Message (PM) in the future, just click on the member's name in one of their posts, which will take you to that member's profile page-- then look for the small envelope icon in the right side of the dark grey bar showing the user information.  This will open up a private message entry field that looks very much like the one you use to post in the forum.

When you first go the member's profile page, you'll probably immediately notice a text entry box labeled "Activity"-- this one is not for a private message, but is for adding an entry to the Profile page.   (So avoid using that field!)

If you receive a PM, the "inbox" icon in the header field at the top of every forum page will show a 'new message waiting' counter.  You can reply to a Private Message directly from reading a PM, too.

What would we novices do without you! Thanks again!
    Classifieds
  • DtxDtx Novice 2
    Can someone be more clear about how long  the promo plans will be open for GSM and CDMA???
    You obviously speek to TPO!!! 
  • ClassifiedsClassifieds RingPlus 137
    @energetic-golden-checked-frog-118774 said:
    What would we novices do without you! Thanks again!

We all are very in deep debt with our Volunteer Mods. They make the forum unique, fair and informative. 
    energetic-golden-checked-frog-118774
    @Dtx said:
    Can someone be more clear about how long  the promo plans will be open for GSM and CDMA???
    You obviously speek to TPO!!! 

Sorry, as soon we know we let you know. To our information: the GSM promo should close very soon (any moment) and the CDMA promo will last longer (1-2 weeks). 
  • These plans look great. Glad to see other MVNOs offering unlimited throttled data.
  • pj10pj10 Novice 0
    i have switched 3 lines from ting to tpo's benevolent plan. thanks ringplus! too bad i couldnt put them all under 1 account/email address. https://slickdeals.net/f/10235540-7-99-100mb-full-speed-unlimited-throttled-talk-text?src=SiteSearchV2_SearchBarV2Algo1

• Omgoodness! I'm sooo excited! after 2 day researching and reading, I just found on TPO's website this iPhone Data Settings.mobileconfig and installed it on my iPhone, and mms and data is working now, yay! All the reading and looking cost me literally a big headache but I found my solution. I'm sharing this, just in case someone else has the same issue as mine.
    RelikKentE
  • plans with unlimited @ 64k data are great for lines that you don't want to babysit or worry about data overages

• Anyone try MMS on TPO's 2g, yet?

Can I start a line now & try it out & port my number if later if it works ok?
  • IsamorphIsamorph MVP 27
    @EngineerOhio said:
    Can I start a line now & try it out & port my number if later if it works ok?

Their support page says that porting "must" be done during account activation. You could call their CS for clarification. https://help.thepeoplesoperator.com/hc/en-us/search?utf8=✓&query=Porting+a+number&commit=Search
  • I noticed that was specific to GSM customers. I'm wanting the Sprint side, so I'm hoping I can do this. I sent a request to their support asking this, but I haven't received a response, yet. 
    Isamorph
  • HoanHoan Moderator 133
    @Isamorph said:
    Their support page says that porting "must" be done during account activation. You could call their CS for clarification. https://help.thepeoplesoperator.com/hc/en-us/search?utf8=✓&query=Porting+a+number&commit=Search
    @EngineerOhio said:
    I noticed that was specific to GSM customers. I'm wanting the Sprint side, so I'm hoping I can do this. I sent a request to their support asking this, but I haven't received a response, yet

After RingPlus, I migrated to TPO. What I did was to activate my phone and get a random number from TPO, then call their support to port in the number i wanted. I'm pretty sure it was on Sprint network.
    Isamorph
  • Tom_D.Tom_D. Novice 0
    I called TPO yesterday and confirmed that on the Sprint side, you can port your number whenever you want. It only has to be done during activation for GSM.
    IsamorphKentE
  • @EngineerOhio said:
    Anyone try MMS on TPO's 2g, yet?

I Used all of my data on purpose to test the mms feature and to see if indeed I have unlimited throttled data, and it is fine. I sent some pictures to myself without any problems.
  • Jon_VVJon_VV Pro 13
    edited June 11
    Why did my post here get removed? This was posted last night well before the time was up. I posted in both places because i wasn't sure what one we where to post in. If this is not acceptable please tell me and so i know i did something wrong. If you don't need a lot of data or like me i use wifi %90 of the time then this deal is the best anywhere!

Benevolent Plan 

$7.99/mo 100MB Full-Speed data + Unlimited 64k afterwards, Unlimited Talk, Unlimited Text

I posted it here, waiting for them to show me post as they authenticate my email address. http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2476684,00.asp

@Jon_VV   Don't fret about doing something wrong-- you're good.   I'm guessing your earlier post in this thread got deleted because it was a duplicate of the post in the other thread, which makes it a little more difficult to tabulate entries. I've just looked to make sure your post is in the other thread, so you should be good for the contest. 
      And thanks for going out of your way to post the deal in a different forum!
    Jon_VV
  • Any word on how long this promo will last?
  • Does anyone have any positive experiences with the throttled data? I expected 64kbps, which is enough to stream mid quality audio and get maps in a decent time. With full service, I can't even get a speed test to get up and running, the speeds feel like they are 8kbps
    @yodelyfish said:
    Does anyone have any positive experiences with the throttled data? I expected 64kbps, which is enough to stream mid quality audio and get maps in a decent time. With full service, I can't even get a speed test to get up and running, the speeds feel like they are 8kbps  Helpful

Maps should work but not audio streaming I would recommend 
  • Not sure what you mean by full service. On Twigby's 64kbps, I can use maps or Pandora, but not both at the same time. Browsing the internet is even bearable using the Puffin browser.
  • mmfacemmmmfacemm All Star 48
    Thanks for the competition.  Congratulations to @lexusl21 ;
    @EngineerOhio said:
    Browsing the internet is even bearable using the Puffin browser.
    Thanks for mentioning Puffin!   I did some playing with it on a throttled line a while back, and agree that it's a great assist for web browsing at throttled speeds.  If someone is living with throttled data, either Puffin or Opera Mini is really useful. I found Puffin to be more workable at 64K.