TPO June 2017 Promo - official post

Comments

• IsamorphIsamorph MVP 27
    @Relik 3:26PM Flag @Isamorph said:
    I also live in California and just signed up for the $7.99 plan and was charged $9.03

I'm outside Austin TX and the same plan was $9.65.  I can't believe my taxes are higher than California.  Probably something to due with the city.

I signed up for the $7.99 plan & ported from Ting.  Calls and texts are working great but data has never worked yet.  It does get LTE briefly when doing a profile or PRL update but when it reboots I get nothing.  I'm on a Galaxy S5 with stock Android 6.0.1 and it won't let me edit APN's even with the MSL code.  Either the APN is set wrong or it's not authorizing me for data.  

I don't need data right now so I'll wait and see.  I'm just happy to have unlimited talk and text again.

Not sure about the taxes---you are probably right about it differing from city to city. In case you haven't seen it, there is some info on the TPO website about setting up data. Enjoy the $8+tax unlimited talk/text.

• mmfacemmmmfacemm All Star 48
    edited June 8
    Taxes always confuse me - with Tello there was a $0.75 state 911 fee.  With Twigby I have a county 911 fee which is $1.50 but no state 911 fee.  My Ooma phone has a state and county 911 fee.  Seems like TPO has just the state 911 fee since the entire taxes are less than what I pay for 911 with Twigby.  Do each get to just pick and choose?!
    Isamorph
    How does it go---death and taxes are the only certainties in life, but there's nothing certain about the "how much" part of taxes.
  • RelikRelik Pro 4
    @Isamorph said:
    Not sure about the taxes---you are probably right about it differing from city to city. In case you haven't seen it, there is some info on the TPO website about setting up data. Enjoy the $8+tax unlimited talk/text.

All they recommend for CDMA is to do a carrier reset (##72786#) which I've done already a few times.  You can't set the APN's on CDMA generally and I can't even edit them under Android 6.0.1 with the MSL code.  The profile/PRL download is supposed to set them and I believe it has, the phone just isn't getting authorization.

I just wanted to let others know it might not go smoothly.  I'll post a follow up when I get it fixed.
    Isamorphjefro1
  • mmfacemmmmfacemm All Star 48
    @Isamorph said:
    nothing certain about the "how much" part of taxes.

Too much!
    Isamorph
  • buddyroo30buddyroo30 Novice 3
    Can we just use the same SIM card we used when we were on RingPlus (and currently using on Ting)? Or we will need a new one?
  • jefro1jefro1 Novice 0
    Where can I download this "Neutrality" VPN mentioned earlier in this thread?

edited June 9
    @jefro1 said:
    Where can I download this "Neutrality" VPN mentioned earlier in this thread?

https://social.ringplus.net/discussion/12074/neutrality-beta-test#latest

tweaver RingPlus 35
    Hello all, 

If you are in need of the app, please DM me your preferred email address so I may send it your way. **** DM tweaver RingPlus 35 for the app, not Isamorph.
  • EngineerOhioEngineerOhio Novice 2
    I'm hoping the Benevolent Plan is still available in August.  I'm traveling out west in July & Sprint is not nearly good enough out west, but this plan would be awesome when we get back.
  • @Relik said:
    All they recommend for CDMA is to do a carrier reset (##72786#) which I've done already a few times.  You can't set the APN's on CDMA generally and I can't even edit them under Android 6.0.1 with the MSL code.  The profile/PRL download is supposed to set them and I believe it has, the phone just isn't getting authorization.

I just wanted to let others know it might not go smoothly.  I'll post a follow up when I get it fixed.

I ran into this problem getting error 407 when I would try and update if I recall correctly. Their tech support had no idea what to do about it. I had to do my own research and then call tech support to manually provision/re-program my phone.  You will need to get the MSL from them and then set you mid/min etc in your phone. 
  • RelikRelik Pro 4
    edited June 9
    I was greeted with a "PRL has been updated" message this morning. Mobile data is now working and it's on LTE.

I didn't do anything but wait - User rp_mod_edgardo did contact me via PM (thanks!) and said they would look into it, but I didn't give any information about my TPO account.
  • yfn34yfn34 Pro 9
    @buddyroo30 said:
    Can we just use the same SIM card we used when we were on RingPlus (and currently using on Ting)? Or we will need a new one?

You can use the same one if your signing up for cdma (sprint) with tpo.
  • I already follow these steps and mms and data is not working.Only voice and regular messages are working. On my iPhone, I am not able to set apn manually. With RP and Tello, everything went smooth. Am I missing something? TPO sent me the steps bellow.
    Any one else having problems with mms and data?
    ONLY FOR iPhones 
    Settings
    General 
    Reset
    Reset Network

Settings
    General 
    Reset
    Reset all settings

make sure you are on Wifi
    Dial ##873283#
    Power cycle when is says complete 

#4 make sure you are on Wifi 
    Settings
    earse all contint and settings

If these does not work your final step will have to be a factory reset  on your device and make sure all your information is backed up so you don't lose anything.
  • rp_mod_edgardorp_mod_edgardo RingPlus 5
    @Relik , glad to see that your data is working now. It was just that data was delayed because of the an incomplete port from Ting. The system will see and show that the port is completed but unfortunately there are instances where not all services are fully setup. 

energetic-golden-checked-frog-118774 , did you port in your number? Could be the same situation that @Relik experienced. The provisioning steps are correct, but if they are not working, TPO needs to recheck the port again. 
  • Hi Edgardo, yes, my number was ported in from Tello. I can make calls and send regular messages but not mms or use data. When I called TPO, CS  instructed me to dial ##72786# but I got a message saying it was invalid. I do not know what else to do. Thanks
  • BNNYBNNY Novice 1
    Do TPO promo plans offer roaming?
  • ClassifiedsClassifieds RingPlus 137
    @BNNY said:
    Do TPO promo plans offer roaming?

Sorry no roaming on this promo. We will check if you can by roaming add on  
  • buddyroo30buddyroo30 Novice 3
    @Classifieds said:
    Sorry no roaming on this promo. We will check if you can by roaming add on

Thanks, I was interested in this too. If we could have roaming voice coverage by doing a top-up, say $10 top-up that we can use to get 15 cents a minute roaming, that would be great. Hopefully you can ask them about something like that.
  • I just called TPO customer service and she did indeed say these promo plans are available to RingPlus customers with unlimited 64 k data.  However, it may be important to some to note that there is no roaming; if you are in an area with no Sprint coverage, calls will not go through, etc.  Also, as Brentskybootle mentioned, MMS (group or picture texting) will not work on 64 K speed data with TPO.  Tethering is also not provided.  So the plans are great pricing for sure, but not good if you need MMS, tethering, or roaming.

I am currently with Twigby and happy with them for my needs, but looking for a lower cost alternative for unlimted talk/text, I was going to consider Mint Sim or Teltik.  But someone told me that because I have unlocked Sprint Iphone 6 model A1586; that my phone would not work on any T Mobile network.  Is that true?
  • KentEKentE Moderator 167
    @ny11tony said:
    Also, as Brentskybootle mentioned, MMS (group or picture texting) will not work on 64 K speed data with TPO.
    This surprises me-- I've searched but didn't find the reference from @Brenstskybootle ;  .
    Maybe someone could provide that reference?

I can't imagine the process by which MMS would be non-functional at throttled speed.  Large attachments might be slow and/or time out, but this would be due to attachment size (or imbedded size), and not a MMS limitation per se.

Hi @buddyroo30, @BNNY we just asked TPO to confirm:  No Tethering and No Roaming is offered. 

@KentE said:
    This surprises me-- I've searched but didn't find the reference from @Brenstskybootle ;;  .
    Maybe someone could provide that reference?

I can't imagine the process by which MMS would be non-functional at throttled speed.  Large attachments might be slow and/or time out, but this would be due to attachment size (or imbedded size), and not a MMS limitation per se.

We asked TPO to confirm the group text and MMS. To our knowledge it should function, we will inform you asap
    @energetic-golden-checked-frog-118774 said:
    Hi Edgardo, yes, my number was ported in from Tello. I can make calls and send regular messages but not mms or use data. When I called TPO, CS  instructed me to dial ##72786# but I got a message saying it was invalid. I do not know what else to do. Thanks

We saw that some of you have the problem. TPO asked us to give specifics, hence could you Direct Message me your TPO phone number. 
  • @Classifieds said:
    We asked TPO to confirm the group text and MMS. To our knowledge it should function, we will inform you asap

Maybe it wasn't Brentsky, but someone on this thread mentioned problems with MMS.  And the TPO rep said the throttled data is too slow for MMS, even though it does work with Twigby throttled data.
  • KentEKentE Moderator 167
    @energetic-golden-checked-frog-118774 said:
    When I called TPO, CS  instructed me to dial ##72786# but I got a message saying it was invalid.
    The ##72786# is a generic 'carrier reset' code for most android phones, which gives the phone another chance to provision everything correctly in case something got missed.  It's not a universal command, though-- notably, a lot of Samsung models and flagship phones use a slightly different code.  Since you're getting an "invalid' code response, you might have a phone that uses a slightly different command code.   If you can give the phone model, there's a good chance someone can help you with the right command code. 

• @Classifieds said:

How do I send you my phone number LOL. I'm not experienced on this kind of things.