TPO June 2017 Promo - official post

Comments

• I would avoid TPO for a few reasons. First off when I switched right as Ring Plus shut down it was a nightmare to get my Sprint Galaxy s3 to work on their service because they didn't properly provision the phone. I had to manually re-provision my phone after searching a zillion web pages for my error code. Their tech support was awful and had no clue what to do. 2nd off with their service which is Sprint based for me I somehow don't get service in areas I used to get service with Ring Plus and with Ring plus I didn't have roaming on that line.  Last I had 2 referrals to TPO since I joined one back in Feb and one in the first couple days of march. Both show in my dashboard and are past the 90 day's now yet I still haven't gotten the credits. When contacting their support they are giving me the run around on it. Saying things like well they must not have used your link to sign up and they have to do so. If they hadn't used my link to sign up they wouldn't show up in my referrals now would they. I would strongly suggest using Twigby for anyone looking for service. With them you get free Verizon roaming and the same unlimited 64k and you can actually get a customer service rep on the line in a matter of seconds via live chat on their site.  
    Diedrich_Duo
  • VirginiaVirginia Novice 0
    Called TPO this morning to confirm that TPO does **NOT** offer the 64kpb data throttle. The throttle was for their grandfathered post-paid accounts, which they no longer offer. All prepaid accounts shuts off data completely once reached, until the next billing cycle (or until you "recharge").  I've been with TPO for a few months now. When data gets cut off - no MMS! :-( so plan accordingly. Other than that - it's been a good service at a great price.
  • buddyroo30buddyroo30 Novice 3
    So are these plans live yet? When I go to the TPO site it doesn't mention anything about unlimited 64k (after the high speed allotment is used up). Do we need to wait to sign up? Also, do these plans offer any domestic roaming, specifically for voice (either included as part of the plan, or pay by the minute roaming available)? If not, and it is Sprint native coverage only, then that is pretty limited.
  • matzllcmatzllc Novice 0
    Is this available for new signups only? I already have TPO's service but these plans are great!
  • ManticoreManticore Novice 0
    Does anyone know what the approximate taxes per line are on TPO?

btw....web site makes no mention of unlimited 64k :(
  • mmfacemmmmfacemm All Star 48
    Same thing happened with Speedtalk- they are running two separate operations - their main website plans and these special ringplus advertised plans.  Support for one are clueless about the other.  So I am not surprised that no one knows about the 64k when you called. Seems like there is no one to actually talk to regarding these ringplus TPO plans.  I find the duality very odd.  You could at least let your customer reps know?

These ringplus plans are supposed to have 64k even though it isn't mentioned.  
  • KarlKarl RingPlus 169
    edited June 8
    @Virginia said:
    64kpb throttle DOES NOT EXIST for new members. Only grandfathered-post-paid accounts have the data throttle. From personal experience, opt to have too much data than not enough, because once data stops, you will NOT receive MMS message until your data renews during your next billing cycle. The prices for the plans are accurate - but only for new accounts (not applicable for existing TPO clients).

Hi @virginia I contacted the CEO of TPO USA and asked to please show the 64k on their website as well asked if he could inform their support team .
    We have tested the unlimited function at TPO and at RingPlus and it functions. Hence those plans are with unlimited 64k.

Virginia
  • jefro1jefro1 Novice 0
    So do the TPO ringplus advertised plans include unlimited 64k data or not? Early in this thread someone said it was "confirmed". 
  • KarlKarl RingPlus 169
    edited June 8
    @jefro1 said:
    So do the TPO ringplus advertised plans include unlimited 64k data or not? Early in this thread someone said it was "confirmed". 

Yes confirmed. I know that the executives from TPO have been traveling to a conference yesterday. It's just some miscommunication internally at TPO. 
    energetic-golden-checked-frog-118774jefro1
  • JessJess Pro 13
    TPO is telling me I need to buy a sim. My phone hasnt been active since being on ringplus in January. Has anyone else had this problem.
  • @Jess said:
    TPO is telling me I need to buy a sim. My phone hasnt been active since being on ringplus in January. Has anyone else had this problem.

I have not, but my phone was truly unlocked from the get go, never attached by contract to any other service. It depends on what state your current SIM is in. I was lucky enough that R+ released my SIM just days after shutting down the service, so I was able to use it right away. Right now the SIM is locked with Cellnuvo, and am having trouble getting that to work, so I had to order a Sprint SIM as well just to avoid the hassle. Any SIM tester sites available to see what the status of your SIM is?

@Karl said:
    Yes confirmed. I know that the executives from TPO have been traveling to a conference yesterday. It's just some miscommunication internally at TPO. 

Insanely helpful to hear it from the man in charge. Thank you for the clarification.
  • ClassifiedsClassifieds RingPlus 137
  • aa Novice 0
    For an existing customer at TPO, is there anyway to get on these new plans?
    matzllc
  • Will this promo be available for the whole month of June? Has the tethering feature been confirmed? Part of the reasons I've stayed with Tello  is because of the unlimited  throttled data and tethering. Also, Tello, only charges tax for voice only not for data or text. TPO is doing a great job by providing the unlimited throttled data feature as well. So I do not have to worry about going over my limite and paying overages. IMO, the TPO pricing is great! Thanks.
  • I try to port in my number from Tello. Tello said No pin or password required. However, when I tried to port in my number to TPO, I must input a pin number or password otherwise I cannot go to next step. Could anyone tell me how can I finish the port in without pin or password. Thanks
  • @grass-fed-aqua-matte-flag-521064 said:
    I try to port in my number from Tello. Tello said No pin or password required. However, when I tried to port in my number to TPO, I must input a pin number or password otherwise I cannot go to next step. Could anyone tell me how can I finish the port in without pin or password. Thanks

The 10 digit pin, if you cannot find it, is usually the phone # associated with the account you're trying to port from.
    edited June 8
    @grass-fed-aqua-matte-flag-521064 Yes there are no PINs from Tello but if your provider insists then the PIN to use is 0000

Isamorph
    Others have asked, but I also am curious approximately what the taxes are on these plans. A lot of us (me included) have been on Ting, and they charge taxes. Could we assume that we would be taxed at about the same rate as Ting does? Or would there be differences?
  • @buddyroo30 said:
    Others have asked, but I also am curious approximately what the taxes are on these plans. A lot of us (me included) have been on Ting, and they charge taxes. Could we assume that we would be taxed at about the same rate as Ting does? Or would there be differences?

I purchased the cheapo 5 dollar plan, as my minutes and texts will go through google voice. 4.99 with the auto pay ended up being some 6.40 cents a month or something like that. I checked the $7 plan as well, that was like 10.14 a month or something
    edited June 8
    When I checked the $7.99 plan it came to $1.35 in taxes.  I would say you will be charged something similar as Ting.
  • I live in California and Tello charges me $0.59 tax for $3.00 (100 voice minutes) , about 20%? Tax may vary depending on the state I assume. I'm going to try to check TPO tax rate without enrolling. I do not know if I can do that though.
    What about voice and/or data roaming? Is that included or possible on these plans (even if you have to pay extra by the minute or MB)? If not, what would the coverage be, just Sprint native? Is there a coverage map you can look at?
  • IsamorphIsamorph MVP 27
    edited June 8
    I also live in California and just signed up for the $7.99 plan and was charged $9.03--so+$1.04 in tax. Funny, I thought California tax on phone plans was about 17%. Oh, and I used mmfacemm's tip of 0000 for the pin#, which obviously worked for me, but $9.03 charge is still in the pending stage, which may change.
    energetic-golden-checked-frog-118774
  • yfn34yfn34 Pro 9
    anyone had any success with this on gsm? looks like it's still available.
  • RelikRelik Pro 4
    @Isamorph said:
    I also live in California and just signed up for the $7.99 plan and was charged $9.03

I'm outside Austin TX and the same plan was $9.65.  I can't believe my taxes are higher than California.  Probably something to due with the city.

I signed up for the $7.99 plan & ported from Ting.  Calls and texts are working great but data has never worked yet.  It does get LTE briefly when doing a profile or PRL update but when it reboots I get nothing.  I'm on a Galaxy S5 with stock Android 6.0.1 and it won't let me edit APN's even with the MSL code.  Either the APN is set wrong or it's not authorizing me for data.  

I don't need data right now so I'll wait and see.  I'm just happy to have unlimited talk and text again.