edited June 9 in Announcements

TPO June 2017 Promo

https://store.tpo.com/promos/welcome

Admirable Plan

$4.99/mo 100MB Full-Speed data + Unlimited 64k afterwards, 100 Talk, 100 Text

Cordial Plan

$6.99/mo 250MB Full-Speed data + Unlimited 64k afterwards, 250 Talk, 250 Text

Benevolent Plan 

$7.99/mo 100MB Full-Speed data + Unlimited 64k afterwards, Unlimited Talk, Unlimited Text

Tender Plan

$12.99/mo 500MB Full-Speed data + Unlimited 64k afterwards, 500 Talk,  500 Text

Utility Plan

$14.99/mo 500MB Full-Speed data + Unlimited 64k afterwards, Unlimited Talk, Unlimited  Text

Exceptional Plan

$19.99/mo 1 GB Full-Speed data + Unlimited 64k afterwards, Unlimited Talk, Unlimited Text

No Top Up required

No Contract

Cheap international calls 

Doing something good, while saving money

About TPO https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_People's_Operator

RingPlus TIP 

Use "Neutrality" in combination with this plans:

1) It will help you with data burn by eliminating some unwanted advertisement, hence your Full Speed Data last longer.

2) It will increase your effective speed as soon you are on the throttled data, because less bandwidth for ads is used

3) It's a VPN keeping your data more save 

Link for neutrality https://social.ringplus.net/discussion/12074/neutrality-beta-test#latest

Those new plans are available for the Sprint - Network 

Follow this link     https://store.tpo.com/promos/welcome

edited for clarity: 6/9/17

Comments

• ClassifiedsClassifieds RingPlus 137
    edited June 7
    Sorry we are working on the post. It was open for our review and not promoted as some information is still missing on the TPO plan page. For example all plans will have unlimited 64k data after the initial allotment is used, as well the promo will be limited to Sprint later on. 
  • DtxDtx Novice 1
    The data 64k is too slow for me. But may be good for emails and maps?
    @Dtx said:
    The data 64k is too slow for me. But may be good for emails and maps?

You can subscribe to "neutrality" the VPN will block some ads and make some websites more usable at this speed.  
  • mmfacemmmmfacemm MVP 47
    Some of those plans look really good.   Unlimited talk and text for $7.99?

Will they be available for tmobile for a while?
    The plans have been designed for Sprint network. Hence T-Mobile will be closed asp. We did not get any more info 
    Additional comments:

TPO will close soon the GSM promotion for those plans. We don't have more information on this. 

Don't worry -This plans are tested by us and the unlimited 64k is confirmed. TPO will soon put the detail on their website. TPO asked us to communicate the plans and assured us that the error not mentioning the unlimited 64k will be corrected. Therefore if you run out of Full speed data you will have unlimited 64k 
    Hoanjefro1
  • How about tethering? taxes, fees,etc?
    I wonder if speedtalk will hit back with their own promo?

The Benevolent plan is really good.  
    No since these are separate plans and do not show the discount.
    @mmfacemm said:
    No since these are separate plans and do not show the discount.

yes it's important not to confuse the two promos. This Promo was done from TPO exclusively for our forum. BTW thanks TPO 
    edited June 8
    @incredible-forest-green-satin-housecat-141843 said:
    How about tethering? taxes, fees,etc?

You will be charged taxes. Sorry, we don't have any information about tethering (we will ask TPO for more information). EDIT As our contacts are traveling we just googled TPO Tethering and found this https://help.thepeoplesoperator.com/hc/en-us/articles/206117271-Can-I-tether-using-your-network-
  • TxHookEmTxHookEm Novice 3
    The 7.99 is comparable to the RedPocket 500/500/100 plan. It's an excellent deal. I ordered a gsm sim and it looks like I will have to wait for it to get here, will the Benevolently Plan still be open? I know the other post state should its Spring exclusive but I clicked on that plan on the promo page and it allowed me to choose GSM.
  • hbasavarhbasavar Novice 0
    I am sorry...new to this ....  but if we port our number say to this Benevolent plan... we are locked in at this price for how long? Do these plans have an expiration date and then we are forced to choose one of the more expensive plans? Thanks.
  • SatchmoSatchmo Novice 1
    The ring plus  forum is by far great for me. What I like most is how they work hard to make the best deals and make it easy for me to use and understand. I can honestly say I will continue to use this forum. 
  • So do I have this right? Currently they offer these plans with the GSM network, but in the future will not, or are they completely removing the GSM functionality altogether?

@hbasavar said:
    I am sorry...new to this ....  but if we port our number say to this Benevolent plan... we are locked in at this price for how long? Do these plans have an expiration date and then we are forced to choose one of the more expensive plans? Thanks.

We can't make any promises on how long the plans are available for renewal. TPO is not RingPlus, we just propose plans to MVNOS and they come up with what is possible. This said if we would know any time limitations we would of course inform our community about any restrictions. TPO is a company build on ethics, hence we doubt that they have any plan to discontinue a promo plan. 
    @Satchmo said:
    The ring plus  forum is by far great for me. What I like most is how they work hard to make the best deals and make it easy for me to use and understand. I can honestly say I will continue to use this forum. 

Thanks 
    @yodelyfish said:
    So do I have this right? Currently they offer these plans with the GSM network, but in the future will not, or are they completely removing the GSM functionality altogether?

This specific plans should have only been with Sprint. We have been informed that those specific T-Mobile plans (promo side) will be taken off the side ASAP, but we should start the promotion of the Sprint plans. TPO will of course always have T-Mobile plans available, including with other promos. 
  • Catherine_MCatherine_M Novice 1
    If I hadn't just switched to Republic Wireless last month (with their GSM BYOD "buy 1 month of service, get the next 6 months free" promotion), that $19.99 TPO Mobile (Sprint network) promo here would have looked very attractive (comparable to Twigby's $19/month plan on the Sprint network, but with unlimited throttled data after the 1GB is used up).  I had switched to Tello when RingPlus folded, and was only paying $14/month at Tello, but for service which only included 100 voice minutes and no texting (I had a $5.00 paygo balance for texting).  On road trips for our kids' college graduations last month, I found myself texting a lot more than I ever had before (text messages seemed to get answered by relatives when voice mails were ignored), which helped me decide that a text "bucket" was a feature I definitely wanted in any future phone plan.  Still don't see myself needing unlimited texting -- but it's usually cheaper to upgrade talk minutes or texts than data, so why not unlimited texting?  (Love the flexibility my Moto G4 Play gives me in considering great phone service deals on both the CDMA and GSM sides!)
    Diedrich_Duo
  • SatchmoSatchmo Novice 1
    Republic wireless is not voip? I prefer good call quality. TPO plans are the best plans.
  • DtxDtx Novice 1
    Funny this becomes the best deal forum for cell service. No trolling just facts. ????
  • jefro1jefro1 Novice 0
    Must I cancel my phones existing service with another MVNO before activating on TPO? I am NOT porting the number. Just trying to activate my phone on TPO.

@jefro1 said:
    Must I cancel my phones existing service with another MVNO before activating on TPO? I am NOT porting the number. Just trying to activate my phone on TPO.

This would be the quickest way
  • KentEKentE Moderator 168
    @jefro1 said:
    Must I cancel my phones existing service with another MVNO before activating on TPO?
    If you have a spare device that is eligible on your current MVNO, a frequent work-around is to swap that device (maybe an older phone?) into your current MVNO plan, which will free up your current device for immediate activation at TPO.   That way, you're never without a working phone.   Then cancel your current plan after the TPO plan is up and running.
       If you don't have a spare phone, it makes timing important.

Karl
  • akaLTDakaLTD Moderator 115
    Great to see TPO offer plans with unlimited @ 64k data, something many people have been asking for. :+1: