100% Used0% Over
0 / 0 MMS MessagesBlocked
My account still has $39.53.

Thank you very much!

James 

Best Answers

• KentEKentE Moderator 168
    Answer ✓
    James, you are several months behind on developments.
    RingPlus shut down their phone service several months ago, and your phone hasn't worked since that time.

(Just as an interesting point, your phone wouldn't work now even if RP was still in business as an MVNO, since it doesn't seem possible that you've been making the required once-every-60-days outgoing phone call.  ;)  )

You'll need to look for another cell service provider.   Based on your minimal usage, you might look at one of the MVNOs that has true Pay As You Go service-- charging by the minute or text only when you need it.   There are threads here in the forum discussing many of the possibilities.   You might start by looking at Tello, who has a pay-as-you-go service starting with either a $5 or $10 deposit, which you will draw against when using.  There is a requirement to make at least one call or text every 6 months.  Your old RingPlus phone should work just fine on Tello, too.
    splendid-infrared-glossy-skunk-556833
  • jamielihjamielih Moderator 126
    Answer ✓
    You might consider reaching out to Ting to see if your ESN is registered with them.
    splendid-infrared-glossy-skunk-556833

Answers

• KentE,

That is great!
    I have shifted to the new one. The process is very easy and quick.
    The voice quality is good too. It is best solution for my situation. 

Thank you very much!

James

• Another question is my account still has $39.53. How could it be refunded?
    Thanks!
  • KentEKentE Moderator 168
    @splendid-infrared-glossy-skunk-556833 said:
    Another question is my account still has $39.53. How could it be refunded?
    Unfortunately, it can not be refunded.  Per the terms of service when we joined, the top-up balances were non-refundable.  Most of us have just accepted that as a rather minimal cost of the service we received. 

A balance can still be used to pay for per-minute charges made via the VoIP FluidCall serrvice, which can run in conjunction with Tello or other service providers, on the same phone at the same time.  (For outgoing calls only).  

Some people have found this useful.  I'll admit that for me, the added complication and setup process has kept me from using that option for my rather small needs:  I suspect that you might find the same to be true in your situation.

There's a discussion about FluidCall here, and other threads that describe the process of setting up and using it.
    https://social.ringplus.net/discussion/11857/fluidcall-international/p1