Xfinity Mobile

For those who use Comcast as their ISP you can get their Xfinity Mobile service for free (some small taxes though I'm told).  The deal is up to 5 lines with no access fee, unlimited talk and text, 100MB of shared data to start.  All free (included with your internet service).  For extra data you can pay $12/GB of shared data or they have unlimited for $45/month if you sign up by July 31st, 2017.  Price good for 2 years, then $65/month.  For my low data usage (< 100MB/month) I would only pay taxes.  They use the Verizon network.  One catch is that there is no BYOD.  You have to buy a phone from them (Samsung S7 is $516 or $21.50/month for 24 months).  They have the Samsung 7's and 8's, Apple 7's, 6's and SE and LG X.  I just chatted with them to verify that if I use 100MB in a month I only pay what they say are small taxes and if I use 101MB I pay $12 + tax (but have access to the 1GB for that month).
akaLTD

Comments

• hhfpphonehhfpphone Ethical Committee 222
    old news...
  • JandAJandA MVP 24
    Ha, ha, guess I'm always the last to know. :p
  • akaLTDakaLTD Moderator 115
    I didn't know about it either so appreciate you sharing the info @JandA

Too bad about having to buy a phone from them though. Kills the deal for me.  
  • akaLTDakaLTD Moderator 115
    Thanks for the link. I'm not sure what happened but I missed a lot of those News stories even though I check that category every time I'm here. And then seems they all of a sudden showed up. It's was weird. 
  • Not bad at all. I got lg x power for $22 one time and $6.50 x 22 months.  So new 2gb ram 16gb smart phone unlimited talk and text 100mb data and of course XFINITY wifi for $10 a month with tax  its good and if needed any time use 1 gb for $13.50 with tax extra