Tello vs SpeedTalk

2»

Comments

• KentEKentE Moderator 168
    That's very strange, chatmsd & MDRing. 
    All Sprint MVNOs are (I think) pulling info from the same Sprint database.  I"ve seen before when one MVNO might accept all versions of the MEID, while another might only accept one.  I haven't seen a flat-out rejection from one, and acceptance from another.  (Unless the device is a Blackberry.) 

I imagine it would take a pretty serious investigation by an MVNO to figure out what's going on, in that case.   The typical reaction would simply be that Sprint says it's ;not eligible.

I wonder if @Avi_CEO_SpeedTalk_Mobile @SpeedTalk
    might be interested in investigating?  It would be a shame if folks have phones that are being accepted elsewhere, and can't join SpeedTalk when they want to.
    I imagine it would take sharing ESN info via PM or support ticket, so that their support team could take a look.

@MDRing ; one more quick thought comes to mind about your Tribute HD clearing an ESN check on Ting.  The Tribute HD is an odd beast on Ting's MEID checker-- are you certain that the Ting result says it can be activated on Ting CDMA, and not just on Ting GSM?  The Tribute HD has GSM radios that are software blocked by Sprint, but the last time I tried checking a Tribute HD on Ting, it would also show as eligible for GSM-- although it won't actually work work on GSM. Most other Sprint MVNOs wouldn't give you the same false-positive result for GSM activation, though-- either because they don't handle both Sprint and a GSM carrier, or because they only check the ESN AFTER you've already selected a desire for CDMA-S activation.  (As SpeedTalk does.)
  • MDRingMDRing Novice 1
    KentE:
    you certain that the Ting result says it can be activated on Ting CDMA, and not just on Ting GSM
    Yes, I am sure . It says that it can be activated by CDMA. Same out come with other sprint MVNOs (tello, Twigby etc)

MDRing:
    KentE:
    you certain that the Ting result says it can be activated on Ting CDMA, and not just on Ting GSM
    Yes, I am sure . It says that it can be activated by CDMA. Same out come with other sprint MVNOs (tello, Twigby etc)Thanks for confirming!   It's a mystery to me why this would occur:  I'm pretty sure (and your experience confirms) that this isn't something a standard CS rep would be able to follow up on-- it would take someone in SpeedTalk's tech department to investigate why you're not getting the same results as from other Sprint MVNOs.

• Avi_CEO_SpeedTalk_MobileAvi_CEO_SpeedTalk_Mobile Verified Poster 2
    MDRing:
    Yes, I am sure . It says that it can be activated by CDMA. Same out come with other sprint MVNOs (tello, Twigby etc)

@MDRing, i like to investigate this, please open a ticket on our site with your ESN and ask for this to be forwarded to me.

thanks.
    KentEakaLTD
  • pals23pals23 Novice 3
    edited May 21
    If I just close out my account with Tello before the end of the month will I then be able to port in my current phone number to speedtalk? And does speed talk offer phone support like tello?? 
  • Never close your current account if you want to port. Open the new account initiating the port with the new provider.

• pals23pals23 Novice 3

Thank You din9alin

• MDRingMDRing Novice 1
    Avi_CEO_SpeedTalk_Mobile:
    @MDRing, i like to investigate this, please open a ticket on our site with your ESN and ask for this to be forwarded to me.

done. TT#:127814 Notification mail was sent. I did not find a support tkt lin. I sent via contact us form.
  • BNNYBNNY Novice 1
    Does Speedtalk offer roaming?
    @BNNY said:
    Does Speedtalk offer roaming?
    I do not believe so, although I would be pleased to be informed that I'm wrong.
    Few of the lower-cost MVNOs offer roaming:   I know that Twigby (Sprint) does, Ting does (but many don't consider them low cost), and I understand that CellNuvo does (also Sprint). 

• pals23pals23 Novice 3
    Speed talk does not offer roaming  
  • pals23pals23 Novice 3
    Tello has a much better customer service then Speed Talk and I like the way you can check your remaining talk text and data its very easy to access although Speed Talk is lower cost
    @pals23 said:
    Tello has a much better customer service then Speed Talk
    I agree that Tello is better positioned for "active" phone users who are likely to want to swap devices, port numbers, tightly manage their account, or who just run into problems.   SpeedTalk seems, historically, to be aimed more at folks who want 'simple' phone service, and aren't likely to need changes, etc.   I imagine SpeedTalk CS will become more proficient with the mix of customers their recent promos are likely bringing over, but there are growing pains evident. SpeedTalk's aggressive moves into multiple carriers has compounded that problem, but also offers customers additional options.

• mmfacemmmmfacemm All Star 48
    @pals23 said:
    Tello has a much better customer service then Speed Talk and I like the way you can check your remaining talk text and data its very easy to access although Speed Talk is lower cost

Though I won't disagree that Tello has better customer service in that it is more advanced with greater options eg don't they have online chat now?  As well as more website functions.  However I've experienced first hand good customer service from Speedtalk.  Everything was resolved to my satisfaction with minimal wait time.  So I would not say Tello is "much better"  It really depends on how much you think you will need hand holding.  Tello customer service is one of the best but there are still plenty of areas that could be improved.  

As for the remaining balances - speedtalk currently show what you have used in a month so it is pretty easy to determine what you have left.  I requested they add the ability to see what you have left as that is more important to those with a set allowance.  They appear to be taking note and will likely add that in the future.  They are still growing and with that comes less features and the need to wait for improvements - but they appear to be taking the feedback seriously and making those incremental upgrades we all like to see in a provider.  

Speedtalk offers more options such as verizon coverage - which is where the real value lies - as well as the low costs.  

• pals23pals23 Novice 3

One of the things that I don't like about Speed Talk is  that you cant create your  own password and the ones that are assigned to you are difficult to remember   

• mmfacemmmmfacemm All Star 48
    @pals23 said:
    One of the things that I don't like about Speed Talk is  that you cant create your  own password and the ones that are assigned to you are difficult to remember   

Yes I hate that!  I requested they let us change them so hopefully they will get round to doing that soon.