90% OFF First Month (Edit) deal for newcomers for Tello's anniversary

Maria_TelloMaria_Tello Verified Poster 7
edited May 6 in Cell Service | Expired by: Classifieds | Is this deal Expired ?

Tello is celebrating one year of great service, offers & happy customers

For its anniversary, Tello is giving a 90% OFF deal for newcomers, offer valid between 4-10 May 2017, for any phone plan of $10 or more. Just use the code - BDAY - at the checkout & enjoy! And this is just the frosting on the cake, since more goodies have been planned!  

If you already are a customer, you get 25% off any plan over $15, by using the code 1BDAY at checkout, between 5-8 May 2017, so hurry & enjoy the bday savings!

Anniversaries are not the same without a giveaway contest! Join Tello’s Facebook contest, between 2-4 May for a chance to win a free iPhone 7!

The pledge to give people pure freedom when building their own phone plan with no fees whatsoever has become a fact. Mix that with awesome 24/7 (human) Customer Service & great deals, and you get all the reasons to join the celebration!

RIngPlus Edit:

Happy B-Day Tello.
Just to avoid some confusion. The 90% of is for the first month. 

Link

mmfacemm

Comments

• din9alin9din9alin9 Pro 5
    edited May 4
    Does "BDAY" 90% off apply for a new customer starting with $10 paygo balance?

Is it no longer possible to add paygo in $5 increments? Lowest I see on the tello website is $10.
  • mmfacemmmmfacemm All Star 48
    edited May 4
    din9alin9:
    Does "BDAY" 90% off apply for a new customer starting with $10 paygo balance?

Worked for me. New appears to mean never had a plan before.  

din9alin9
  • I just tried to apply 90% off BDAY to $10 paygo purchase as a new customer and "the coupon cannot be used for the product(s) you ordered"

How did you get it to apply to a paygo purchase? Am I misunderstanding and you had a paygo balance only phone with tello already and bought a plan using the code?
    mmfacemm:
    Worked for me. New appears to mean never had a plan before

• Tello, any promotion for a person who would like to be a new customer starting with a paygo balance?
  • mmfacemmmmfacemm All Star 48
    din9alin9:
    I just tried to apply 90% off BDAY to $10 paygo purchase as a new customer and "the coupon cannot be used for the product(s) you ordered"

How did you get it to apply to a paygo purchase? Am I misunderstanding and you had a paygo balance only phone with tello already and bought a plan using the code? mmfacemm:
    Worked for me. New appears to mean never had a plan before

Sorry I mistunderstood.  I thought you meant you had a $10 payasyougo balance already and wanted to add a plan.  

The codes don't work for payasyougo.  However if you already have a payasyougo balance you can add a plan even though you are not techincally a 'new' customer - just a new plan customer.
  • akula1488akula1488 MVP 45
    cool 90% discount. I can add a 2GB plan for a couple dollars.
  • din9alin9din9alin9 Pro 5
    edited May 4
    Yeah, we miscommunicated.

With what appears to be the new $10 paygo minimum (wasn't it $5 a month or 2 ago?) I really wish Tello saw fit to include a 1st anniversary promo. for new and existing customers starting with or adding a paygo bal.

Oh well, was hoping to port over a low user line or two.
  • KentEKentE Moderator 167
    [Mod Comment}
    from the first post:
    "RIngPlus Edit:

Happy B-Day Tello.
    Just to avoid some confusion. The 90% of is for the first month. "

Thanks for the clarification!   I would guess that most of us would expect that, but it's good to clarify it!

• akaLTDakaLTD Moderator 115
    edited May 6
    Thanks Tello for being active with the RingPlus community and offering deals to us. It is appreciated! Congratulations on your 1 year anniversary. And thanks for the "gifts". Hope you have received yours as well. ;) 

hhfpphoneKarl
  • Jon_VVJon_VV Pro 13
    signed up but for some reason i cant get calls.
  • akaLTDakaLTD Moderator 115
    Jon_VV:
    signed up but for some reason i cant get calls.

Did you do a PRL and Profile update? 

• Jon_VVJon_VV Pro 13
    I just tied but it failed 5 times. I dialed the *#*#72786#*#* and hit call but i get a message saying could not be validated.
  • BlaineBlaine Novice 0
    Jon_VV:
    I just tied but it failed 5 times. I dialed the *#*#72786#*#* and hit call but i get a message saying could not be validated.
    What phone are you using?
    When dialing carrier reset you do not have to hit dial, so that tells me you are probably using the wrong code.
    *#*#72786#*#* is reserved for Unlocked Sprint compatible phones. most Sprint Android phones use ##72786#, but if you power down and reboot it should automatically go into hands free activation, so.....
    Do you have the correct SIM for that phone installed?
    Does the info on the Tello dashboard match what it shows on your phone?

akaLTD
  • Jon_VVJon_VV Pro 13
    Thanks, i did the ##72786## and then did the *#*#72786#*#* a few times the last time it worked, maybe the ##72786## did something to make the other work? I'm using nexus 6