SpeedTalk Promos

ClassifiedsClassifieds RingPlus 137
edited June 20 in Cell Service Is this deal Expired ?

SpeedTalk Promos

----

On the T-Mobile network 

Monday April 24, 2017 6pm until 11pm Pacific (edit new opening)

Now Plan (TSP2F)

$9.99/month* for 500 talk, 500 text (MMS/SMS), 750 MB Lte full speed data

Overage and (pay as you go data MB) rate $0.10

Auto Top Up: $19.99

Get it at https://clubplans.speedtalkmobile.com/home

---

Hello Plan (TSP1F)

On the T-Mobile Network

Flash Promo!

Sunday, April 23, 2017 from 1pm-9pm Pacific. 

$2.99/month* for 100 talk, 100 text (MMS/SMS), 100 MB LTE full speed data

Overage Rate: $0.05

Auto Top Up: $9.99

----- 

On CDMA - Nations Largest LTE Network

Verizon BYOD ok for eligible devices 

Text Plan (VSP2S)

Wednesday, April 19, 2017 from 7pm Pacific until Thursday, April 20, 2017 at 10pm Pacific.

$9.99/month* for 100 talk, unlimited text (MMS/SMS), 250 MB Lte full speed data

Overage and  rate $0.05

---- 

On CDMA - Nations Largest LTE network

Verizon BYOD ok for eligible devices 

Open Sunday April 23, 20017 11 am  until Monday, April 24, 2017  10 pmPacific

$19.99/month* for unlimited talk, unlimited text (MMS/SMS), and 1000 MB LTE full speed data

Overage Rate MB $0.03 

--- 

Auto Top Ups

Auto Top-Up is required to cover overages etc. If, and only if, the Top-Up balance reaches $2, another Auto Top-Up will occur. Auto Top-Ups will be automatically charged to your credit card on file.

Plan cost from the following Month will be deducted from your top up until top up reaches $2. If, and only if, the Top-Up balance reaches $2, another Top-Up will be automatically charged to your credit card on file.

*Month

A month equals 30 days billing cycle.

A non-refundable Top Up is required to cover overages. The first month plan cost and the auto Top Up will be billed to your credit card at the time of subscription. The plan will auto renew every 30 days if not canceled. SpeedTalk will attempt to draw your monthly plan cost from your Top Up balance. If your Top Up balance is greater than your plan cost, your credit card will not be billed. If the Top Up balance is less than your plan cost, or less than the minimum required Top Up balance, another auto Top Up will be automatically charged to your credit card on file. If for any other reason your auto Top Up balance is depleted (e.g., overages in minutes, texts or data), or your Top Up balance reaches $2.00 or less, another auto Top Up will be automatically charged to your credit card on file.

All plans on SpeedTalk Mobile are pre-paid and auto-renew. All sales are final. SpeedTalk Mobile reserves the right to refuse service at any time, to anyone, for any reason. All other SpeedTalk Mobile legal terms also apply, and can be found at https://speedtalkmobile.com/expoaws/speed.aspx/termsAndConditions . If there is any difference or conflict between the terms of this offer and any other SpeedTalk Mobile legal terms, the terms of this offer will control.

Link

Catherine_MKarl

Comments

• joseph1joseph1 MVP 35
    edited April 19
    1. Does the @SpeedTalk Top Up get charged every month (assuming it isn't used) or only once?

2  Do the @SpeedTalk plans include taxes and fees or are they extra?

3. Can overages be turned off/blocked?
  • ClassifiedsClassifieds RingPlus 137
    This it what we know from SpeedTalk: 
    joseph1: 
    Does SpeedTalk charge additional taxes or fees on top of they monthly fee?

Taxes and fees are included in the plans offer from now till August 2017.
  • joseph1joseph1 MVP 35
    @Classifieds "Taxes and fees are included in the plans offer from now till August 2017."

Does that mean all plan signups between now and August 2017 will have taxes permanently included in the plan price? 

Or does it mean after September 2017 taxes will be added to the plan price of customers who signed up now?
    We will confirm with SpeedTalk. For right now I would assume till August 2017 and than taxes will be charged 
    joseph1:

Does that mean all plan signups between now and August 2017 will have taxes permanently included in the plan price? 

Or does it mean after September 2017 taxes will be added to the plan price of customers who signed up now?

• akaLTDakaLTD Moderator 115
    This is what Speedtalk posted in the prior promo thread regarding the same question that I put into a Mini FAQ here: https://social.ringplus.net/discussion/comment/152630/#Comment_152630: ;

akaLTD: 

SpeedTalk: 
    joseph1: 
    Does SpeedTalk charge additional taxes or fees on top of they monthly fee?

Taxes and fees are included in the plans offer from now till August 2017.

SpeedTalk: 
    akula1488: 
    akula1488 MVP 4312:53PMAfter Aug 2017 we will be charged with taxes and fees or these special plans expire then?

Promos offered after August 2017 will have taxes added separately . Promos offered prior to August will include the taxes in the pricing.

• akula1488akula1488 MVP 45
    edited April 19
    Is this for new activations only? Are we allowed to change plans if we pay an activation or upgrade fee? Will these fees come from our top up balance or credit card?

Is there a way to manual top up? If so what is the min and max that we can top up? Is bitcoin accepted?
    I don't believe that you can top up manually. But we will ask SpeedTalk. 
    akula1488:
    Is this for new activations only? Are we allowed to change plans if we pay an activation or upgrade fee? Will these fees come from our top up balance or credit card?

Is there a way to manual top up? If so what is the min and max that we can top up? Is bitcoin accepted?

• KentEKentE Moderator 167
    akula1488:

Is there a way to manual top up?
    Don't forget that for all but the large CDMA plan, the top-up is the default funding source, and should cover 2 months plan charge (with no overages)-- except that the 2nd renewal coming out of the top-up is going to trigger a $2 minimum balance top-up, which will roll through multiple top-up events.

There may be reasons for SpeedTalk to not want to allow minimum manual top-ups:  or for that matter, manual top-ups at all.  Each CC transaction carries transaction costs, so "bundling" a couple of months charges in one top-up saves costs.  And an auto-top-up insures that a valid credit card is actually on the account.  . 

• joseph1joseph1 MVP 35
    edited April 19
    4. Is SpeedTalk customer service via web form only or is customer service available via telephone support?

5. Does the Top-Up cover only overages or does the Top-Up also cover future monthly fees?
    joseph1:
    Is customer service via web form only or is customer service available via telephone support?  
    Yes they have phone support

• joseph1joseph1 MVP 35
    edited April 19
    What is the phone number for customer support for Verizon network customers?
  • akaLTDakaLTD Moderator 115
    joseph1:
    What is the phone number for customer support for Verizon network customers?

This was posted in the previous promo thread about Verizon support. Refer to Speedtalk's answer # 3

joseph1: 
    joseph1 MVP 34
    April 15 edited April 16
    @SpeedTalk 

1. How long will it take to port in a number from (Verizon MVNO) PagePlus?

2. If ordering service with a new SIM and porting in a number, will the port complete after the new SIM is received by the customer or beforehand?

3. What's the phone number for SpeedTalk-Verizon network customer service? The phone support for regular SpeedTalk is unfamiliar with the Verizon service and says they only support your T-Mobile service.

4. Do you have a web portal existing customers can login to change their account information?

5. If a SpeedTalk customer on the Verizon network wishes to port out of SpeedTalk, what SpeedTalk account information do they need for their new provider to port and where can it be found?

Thanks!

1. If provided information is correct it shouldn't take more than couple of hours.
    2. when customer receive the sim card they can initiate the port
    3. Our CDMA live customer service is under training. for now our technical department can respond to tickets by email.
    4.Yes
    5. phone number and account number

• KentEKentE Moderator 167
    joseph1:

5. Does the Top-Up cover only overages or does the Top-Up also cover future monthly fees?
    from the announcement at the top of this page: (Bold added for emphasis.)

" SpeedTalk will attempt to draw your monthly plan cost from your Top Up balance. If your Top Up balance is greater than your plan cost, your credit card will not be billed. If the Top Up balance is less than your plan cost, or less than the minimum required Top Up balance, another auto Top Up will be automatically charged to your credit card on file. If for any other reason your auto Top Up balance is depleted (e.g., overages in minutes, texts or data), or your Top Up balance reaches $2.00 or less, another auto Top Up will be automatically charged to your credit card on file."

joseph1akaLTD
  • I am tempted by the $19.99/month SpeedTalk Verizon plan, as Verizon seems to have more cell towers in my area than any other carrier.  It would be more expensive than my current Tello plan ($14/month), but would bump up the talk & text buckets to unlimited (from my current 100 voice minutes + 0 texts).  I've never before tried Verizon or a Verizon MVNO, though; I wonder how call quality & signal strength would compare to the Sprint MVNO versions of those I'm getting on Tello?
    It always depends where you are. But normally Verizon is the best network in coverage. Sprint whole ads are we are just a little bit worse than Verizon. 

Catherine_M:
    I am tempted by the $19.99/month SpeedTalk Verizon plan, as Verizon seems to have more cell towers in my area than any other carrier.  It would be more expensive than my current Tello plan ($14/month), but would bump up the talk & text buckets to unlimited (from my current 100 voice minutes + 0 texts).  I've never before tried Verizon or a Verizon MVNO, though; I wonder how call quality & signal strength would compare to the Sprint MVNO versions of those I'm getting on Tello?

• joseph1joseph1 MVP 35
    edited April 20
    @Classifieds Are we still anticipating any response from @SpeedTalk as to whether all plans offered and enrolled in through August 2017 have pricing that includes all taxes and fees inclusive permanently? Or whether they'll start adding on taxes to current plans after August?

And when will SpeedTalk start having live customer service telephone support available for customers of these plans?
  • akula1488akula1488 MVP 45
    edited April 20
    so I signed up the Hello Plan on Monday, received the SIM card yesterday, and initiated port in last night; waiting for the port to finish. 
    EDIT: port completed today! from a landline number nonetheless. So ordered Monday night and have everything done (porting + activation) in less than 72 hours later. SpeedTalk is appropriately named =)
  • Does SpeedTalk allow tethering?
  • mmfacemmmmfacemm All Star 48
    edited April 21
    Can you refill these plans with cash cards like you can the regular speedtalk plans ie $5 for 250 of whatever or $10 for 500 of whatever? 

How long do cash cards last anyway?  Thank you.
    Diedrich_Duo
    energetic-golden-checked-frog-118774:
    Does SpeedTalk allow tethering?

Yes Tethering is supported by all plans 

energetic-golden-checked-frog-118774
    Just heads up

SpeedTalk just informed us that they are preparing a Flash Promo for tonight. 
    We will get the information somewhat around 6pm Pacific and the promo will be alive until 11pm Pacific 
  • SpeedTalkSpeedTalk Verified Poster 2
    joseph1:
    joseph1joseph1 MVP 34 April 20 edited April 20 @Classifieds Are we still anticipating any response from @SpeedTalk as to whether all plans offered and enrolled in through August 2017 have pricing that includes all taxes and fees inclusive permanently? Or whether they'll start adding on taxes to current plans after August?

And when will SpeedTalk start having live customer service telephone support available for customers of these plans?

yes accounts which are activated through August 2017 have pricing that includes all taxes and fees permanently unless indicated on the promo differently. and yes we will have live customer service for CDMA plans soon. we already have live support for our GSM products.
  • SpeedTalkSpeedTalk Verified Poster 2
    joseph1:
    joseph1 MVP 34 April 18 edited April 18 1. Does the @SpeedTalk Top Up get charged every month (assuming it isn't used) or only once?

2  Do the @SpeedTalk plans include taxes and fees or are they extra?

3. Can overages be turned off/blocked?

1) Once and every time the top up balance falls under $2.00
    2) Promos offered now through August 2017 include taxes and fees unless the promo specifically mention otherwise.
    3) No it can not. SpeedTalk prepaid plans are with hard cabs and are not part of the promotions.
  • mmfacemmmmfacemm All Star 48
    mmfacemm:
    Can you refill these plans with cash cards like you can the regular speedtalk plans ie $5 for 250 of whatever or $10 for 500 of whatever? 

• echance20echance20 Novice 0
    Are you allowed to change a current promo plan  to a future promo plan? (IE current 19,99 UT&T 1000mb to a future UT&T higher data plan}.