SpeedTalk Weekend Promo

ClassifiedsClassifieds RingPlus 137
edited April 17 in Cell Service | Expired by: Classifieds | Is this deal Expired ?

SpeedTalk Mobile

SpeedTalk will start running several exclusive promotions on our forum starting right now!

SpeedTalk Promos

----

Hello Plan (TSP1F)

On the T-Mobile Network

Flash Promo!

Monday, April 17, 2017 from 9am-10pm Pacific. 

$2.99/month* for 100 talk, 100 text (MMS/SMS), 100 MB LTE full speed data

Overage Rate: $0.05

Auto Top Up: $9.99

Get it at https://clubplans.speedtalkmobile.com/home

----- 

Starter Plan (VSP1P)

On the Best CDMA Network 

Open Today!

Thursday, April 13, 2017 from 7pm Pacific until Tuesday, April 18, 2017 at 10am Pacific.

$5.99/month* for 50 talk, 100 text (MMS/SMS), pay as you go data MB

Overage and (pay as you go data MB) rate $0.02

Auto Top Up: $19.99

----

Quality Plan (VSP2F) 

On The Best CDMA network 

Open Sunday, April 16, 2017 at 11am Pacific until Monday, April 17, 2017 at 11am Pacific

$19.99/month* for unlimited talk, unlimited text (MMS/SMS), and 1000 MB LTE full speed data

Overage Rate MB $0.03

Auto Top Up: $5

Get it at https://clubplans.speedtalkmobile.com/home

---

Auto Top Ups

Auto Top-Up is required to cover overages etc. If, and only if, the Top-Up balance reaches $2, another Auto Top-Up will occur. Auto Top-Ups will be automatically charged to your credit card on file.

Plan cost from the following Month will be deducted from your top up until top up reaches $2. If, and only if, the Top-Up balance reaches $2, another Top-Up will be automatically charged to your credit card on file.

*Month

A month equals 30 days billing cycle.

A non-refundable Top Up is required to cover overages. The first month plan cost and the auto Top Up will be billed to your credit card at the time of subscription. The plan will auto renew every 30 days if not canceled. SpeedTalk will attempt to draw your monthly plan cost from your Top Up balance. If your Top Up balance is greater than your plan cost, your credit card will not be billed. If the Top Up balance is less than your plan cost, or less than the minimum required Top Up balance, another auto Top Up will be automatically charged to your credit card on file. If for any other reason your auto Top Up balance is depleted (e.g., overages in minutes, texts or data), or your Top Up balance reaches $2.00 or less, another auto Top Up will be automatically charged to your credit card on file.

All plans on SpeedTalk Mobile are pre-paid and auto-renew. All sales are final. SpeedTalk Mobile reserves the right to refuse service at any time, to anyone, for any reason. All other SpeedTalk Mobile legal terms also apply, and can be found at https://speedtalkmobile.com/expoaws/speed.aspx/termsAndConditions . If there is any difference or conflict between the terms of this offer and any other SpeedTalk Mobile legal terms, the terms of this offer will control.

Link

Soteria1

Best Answer

• akaLTDakaLTD Moderator 115
    edited April 17 Answer ✓

Mini FAQ gleaned from this thread to provide additional info in an easier to find spot.  Hope you find it helpful. smile 

SpeedTalk: 
    joseph1: 
    joseph1 MVP 34
    April 13 edited April 13
    @SpeedTalk Thanks! How much is shipping?

And if, once you're already a customer, you switch phones with a different SIM size, is the replacement SIM also free? Can you transfer a Verizon SIM between phones (if the same size)? And can you use an original Verizon postpaid SIM (or even a PagePlus Verizon SIM) or do you need a specific SpeedTalk Verizon SIM?

As you guys know we just launched our Verizon service last week. Today I was informed that customers need to purchase a new speedtalk Verizon SIM card and can not use Verizon or other mvno's SIM. sorry about the mis information i gave previously.  [emphasis mine/akaLTD]

SpeedTalk: 
    mmfacemm: 
    If I am already on a speedtalk plan can I swap easily to the hello plan or do I need to sign up with a fresh account/sim?

These plans are offered exclusively through Ringplus community , in order to sign up you need a new account.

SpeedTalk: 
    joseph1: 
    Does SpeedTalk charge additional taxes or fees on top of they monthly fee?

Taxes and fees are included in the plans offer from now till August 2017.

SpeedTalk: 
    akula1488: 
    After Aug 2017 we will be charged with taxes and fees or these special plans expire then?

Promos offered after August 2017 will have taxes added separately . Promos offered prior to August will include the taxes in the pricing.

SpeedTalk: 
    akula1488: 
    is porting in a number free for SpeedTalk? if so is it during new activation only or I can port in free in a later time?

No porting fee for these promos, we might charge porting fees for certain future promos.

KentE: 
    Catherine_M: 
    This was the first email I'd received from RingPlus Social since the whole thing with Sprint went belly-up. 

chatmsd: 
    Is this the next reincarnation of @Karl and RingPlus?
    Just in case anyone is confused.....   RingPlus isn't directly involved with Speedtalk, or with other telecoms that might offer promos here.-- the promos will be offered by other MVNOs, not by RingPlus..  

We're getting emails from RingPlus about the promos, because the promos are being announced here-- as far as I know, in advance of being announced elsewhere.  RingPlus is offering other MVNOs an avenue for sharing their promotions on a common site, but RP won't sell our contact information.  Everyone is free to come here and check out the offers, with no worries about being contacted directly by another telecom unless you choose to share your contact information with them.

Remember the vast number of plans the RP offered?  In the process, RingPlus gathered a wealth of data and understanding about what works, and what doesn't work, in marketing plans.  Most MVNOs haven't had that benefit (and also didn't have to go through the pains associated with managing that huge number of plans!    )

RingPlus is offering that knowledge to other MVNOs, in order to help them configure plans that might be popular-- and, of course, to help us all have access to some cool plans that might fit our needs perfectly.......
       If these plans are any indication, it looks like we might see some really tempting offers come along!.

(UPDATE:  KentE)   If you have problems seeing all the offered plans during the listed hours, please clear your browser history and/or cache, and refresh the page.link for the promo.  This worked for me!   (Thanks for the tip, @Classifieds !)

Answers

• 1birdman11birdman1 Moderator 49
    Portia:
    Who is SpeedTalk, and why should I care?

In my book... as long as they are cheaper and fit the customer service level you need, then that's about the only reply I have.

If you can't save money or get better service or better reception with a carrier they offer, then no need to switch.

As with all carriers, not every plan works for everyone.

The current plan (as an example) is not a good deal for me. The Unlimited T&T with 1GB on VERIZON coming up IS a good deal for ME though.

Chelle
  • ClassifiedsClassifieds RingPlus 137
    edited April 14
    Here is a prior deal from SpeedTalk which was posted on RingPlus forum https://social.ringplus.net/discussion/11940/ringplus-members-receive-2-free-month-service-2-99-mo-tax-included-afterwards/p1

Speed Talk will offer plans and promotions on all 4 networks (Verizon, AT&T, T-MO and Sprint) 
    ChellehhfpphoneSoteria1
  • joseph1joseph1 MVP 35
    edited April 14
    What is the reputation of SpeedTalk customer service? Are they available via phone or email?

Will they mail you a Verizon SIM card after you order service?
  • hhfpphonehhfpphone Ethical Committee 221
    Classifieds:
    Speed Talk will offer plans and promotions on all 4 networks (Verizon, AT&T, T-MO and Sprint) 

Very nice!
  • SpeedTalkSpeedTalk Verified Poster 2
    @joseph1 Speedtalk customer service is available via both email and phone. And yes you can order the LTE SIM card if needed.
    Classifiedsjoseph1
    Thank you @SpeedTalk ;
    SpeedTalk:
    @joseph1 Speedtalk customer service is available via both email and phone. And yes you can order the LTE SIM card if needed.

joseph1
  • IbelieveIbelieve Novice 2
    I only see one plan at that link.  This one:

MRC
    AUTO TopupVOICETEXTDATADURATIONSELECT PLAN
    VSP1P$5.99$ 5.0050100030 Days

@Ibelieve  Please see the promotional times in the post.

On the T-Mobile Network

Flash Promo!

Monday, April 16, 2017 from 9am-10pm Pacific.

$2.99/month* for 100 talk, 100 text (MMS/SMS), 100 MB LTE full speed data

Get it at https://clubplans.speedtalkmobile.com/home

----- 

Starter Plan (VSP1P)

On the Verizon Network

Open Today!

Thursday, April 13, 2017 from 7pm Pacific until Tuesday, April 18, 2017 at 10am Pacific.

$5.99/month* for 50 talk, 100 text (MMS/SMS), pay as you go data MB

Auto Top Up: $19.99

----

Quality Plan (VSP2F) 

on The Verizon Network

Open Sunday, April 16, 2017 at 11am Pacific until Monday, April 17, 2017 at 11am Pacific

$19.99/month* for unlimited talk, unlimited text (MMS/SMS), and 1000 MB LTE full speed data

Get it at https://clubplans.speedtalkmobile.com/home

---

• IbelieveIbelieve Novice 2
    Got it. Sorry.  Can a customer cap your data to prevent overages?

@Ibelieve I don't think so, but we will ask SpeedTalk. You always can put limits on your cell phone. Another Cell service provider on T-mo and Sprint will run a promo with out top-ups and no overages next week. The prices and allotments will be different. 
  • KentEKentE Moderator 167
    I think these plans are all very attractive for the right customer!
    I'm planning on moving my wife's line in the near future.  She's a minimal user-- the last 2 months, she's running about 50 miniutes, 110 texts, 80-100mb of data.  I've been thinking Twigby, because I like the Verizon roaming in our area for safety.

Today's

Starter Plan (VSP1P)

On the Verizon Network

would price out at about $9/month for her: $3 cheaper than Twigby, with Verizon coverage.  She'd lose Twigby's fallback 2G if she needed extra data.   I don't have a Verizon phone, though.  :/

Monday's Hello Plan (T-mobile) would knock the socks out of either rate, if T-Mobile coverage works.  $4-$5 /month would cover her needs!

Neither of us needs the unlimited voice of Sunday's plan, or the larger data bucket:  but that looks like a sure winner for someone who does.
    I fall somewhere in between the smaller plan and the Quality plan-- Quality is a better "per unit" cost, but I just won't use that much, and can probably get away with a cheaper plan.
  • joseph1joseph1 MVP 35
    edited April 14
    Is SpeedTalk new to the Verizon network? On their website all plans appear to be on T-Mobile.

How much does a Verizon SIM card cost from SpeedTalk?
    Paul_Sth
    joseph1:
    Is SpeedTalk new to the Verizon network?
    I believe so.  I think their earlier thread here (and the website) was promising network expansion "in the near future".  Looks like SpeedTalk has been working hard on that!

joseph1:
    How much does a Verizon SIM card cost from SpeedTalk?
    Hopefully @SpeedTalk can clue us in on that!   Looks like the standard policy is to send a free GSM SIM if needed to start a new account, with some charge if you need a replacement for one lost of damaged.  I think the Verizon offer is too new to have any associated info on the website.

I would also wonder if you need to replace a Verizon network SIM when you change MVNOs?  Sorry, I don't know if it works like Sprint SIMs, or like typical GSM SIMs......(I imagine I can learn that one on my own with a web search....)

joseph1
    @joseph1 Verizon SIMs are free with plan sign up ! We only charge for shipping . You don't need a new Verizon SIM card if you already have one.
    joseph1
  • joseph1joseph1 MVP 35
    edited April 14
    @SpeedTalk Thanks! How much is shipping?

And if, once you're already a customer, you switch phones with a different SIM size, is the replacement SIM also free? Can you transfer a Verizon SIM between phones (if the same size)? And can you use an original Verizon postpaid SIM (or even a PagePlus Verizon SIM) or do you need a specific SpeedTalk Verizon SIM?
    @joseph1 the first SIM card is Free any additional SIM card will be $7.50. You won't need a specific Speedtalk SIM you can use any Verizon LTE SIM. First class shipping with tracking number is $4.99
    @Ibelieve these plans are not capped but we might create capped plans in the future 
  • This was the first email I'd received from RingPlus Social since the whole thing with Sprint went belly-up.  Had to use email+password to log in, since the social media logins no longer seem to work.  Hearing about deals on networks other than Sprint makes me thankful I finally sprang for a "universal unlocked" Moto G4 Play 1 1/2 months ago, so I can switch to whatever works for me, regardless of carrier.
  • Hello Plan (TSP1F) looks intriguing.
    Same allotment from Tello PayGO it would be $6 

• chatmsdchatmsd MVP 23
    Is this the next reincarnation of @Karl and RingPlus?
    edited April 14
    Catherine_M:
    Hearing about deals on networks other than Sprint makes me thankful I finally sprang for a "universal unlocked" Moto G4 Play 1 1/2 months ago, so I can switch to whatever works for me,
    Smart move!  Wish I'd had the foresight to do the same.    (Nice to see you, Catherine_M!)

Catherine_M:
    This was the first email I'd received from RingPlus Social since the whole thing with Sprint went belly-up. 

chatmsd:
    Just in case anyone is confused.....   RingPlus isn't directly involved with Speedtalk, or with other telecoms that might offer promos here.-- the promos will be offered by other MVNOs, not by RingPlus.. 

We're getting emails from RingPlus about the promos, because the promos are being announced here-- as far as I know, in advance of being announced elsewhere.  RingPlus is offering other MVNOs an avenue for sharing their promotions on a common site, but RP won't sell our contact information.  Everyone is free to come here and check out the offers, with no worries about being contacted directly by another telecom unless you choose to share your contact information with them.

Remember the vast number of plans the RP offered?  In the process, RingPlus gathered a wealth of data and understanding about what works, and what doesn't work, in marketing plans.  Most MVNOs haven't had that benefit (and also didn't have to go through the pains associated with managing that huge number of plans!    )

RingPlus is offering that knowledge to other MVNOs, in order to help them configure plans that might be popular-- and, of course, to help us all have access to some cool plans that might fit our needs perfectly.......
       If these plans are any indication, it looks like we might see some really tempting offers come along!.

• joseph1joseph1 MVP 35
    edited April 14
    Does @SpeedTalk have a web portal where you can check usage, update account info and change plans?
    edited April 14
    chatmsd:

KentE: 

Remember the vast number of plans the RP offered?  In the process, RingPlus gathered a wealth of data and understanding about what works, and what doesn't work, in marketing plans.  Most MVNOs haven't had that benefit (and also didn't have to go through the pains associated with managing that huge number of plans!    )

Sadly no. SpeedTalk and other MVNOs here on the forum are posting (or asking us to post) deals. Those MVNOs are supporting our community with good deals. RingPlus role is to let you know when good deals are available and assist  MVNOs to offer good deals. 

RingPlus is working on some interesting technologies, which will be offered to consumers soon by RingPlus independently. 

• EdwardXiEdwardXi Novice 1
    thought R+ is back after an email in the Spam :smiley: 
  • mmfacemmmmfacemm All Star 48
    If I am already on a speedtalk plan can I swap easily to the hello plan or do I need to sign up with a fresh account/sim?