Official Tello Mobile thread

Christina_TelloChristina_Tello Verified Poster 7
edited February 21 in RingPlus vs Other Telecoms
If you have any questions or curiosities about Tello Mobile, please post them here and Tello reps will do their best to answer them as soon as possible.

If you have a particular issue with an order or port-in, please provide an order/case number so we can assist you.
MCHayashiVoIPFanRPestablished-pearl-checked-racoon-208754Soteria1rohioiolaireScaredwitless

Comments

• IASFIASF Pro 8
    edited February 19
    Does tello have their own forum to answer questions?
    Soteria1VoIPFanRP
  • oldbooks1oldbooks1 Champion 173
    Thanks for this opportunity to learn about Tello.

From what little I have seen your company seems to have an attractive array of options.

What are the particular features of your service that you feel make it an especially good choice for RingPlus members?

Does the company place special emphasis on pricing, or does it seek to offer a brand that combines attractive pricing and strong customer service?
    VoIPFanRPSoteria1
  • Christina_TelloChristina_Tello Verified Poster 7
    IASF:
    Does tello have their own forum to answer questions?

We don't have a forum, but you can reach our Customer Service team via e-mail, phone or on social media for any questions.
    MCHayashiSoteria1VoIPFanRP
  • SZYSZY Novice 1
    @Christina_Tello How can Tello support be reached on social media and email?

Is Tello anticipating any rate or plan changes in the near term?
    VoIPFanRP
    oldbooks1:
    Thanks for this opportunity to learn about Tello.

From what little I have seen your company seems to have an attractive array of options.

What are the particular features of your service that you feel make it an especially good choice for RingPlus members?

Does the company place special emphasis on pricing, or does it seek to offer a brand that combines attractive pricing and strong customer service?

We place special emphasis on excellent customer service, as well as pricing and our customers' ability to customise their phone plans. For information about pricing, I encourage you to visit our website: tello.com.
    oldbooks1MCHayashiVoIPFanRPSoteria1Scaredwitless
  • Do your plans include or offer roaming?
  • shahsuryakant42shahsuryakant42 Novice 0
    edited February 19
    I ported my number from RingPlus but you guys ported the wrong number (the wrong number is showing in my dashboard) and no body is replying to my emails or my calls (I just get forwarded to voicemail). I suggest if you would like you keep your number then don't go to Tello.

EDIT: I just got a email back say I put in the wrong number however if I put in the wrong information the port would not have processed. Tello's customer service and porting system is a fail.

EDIT2: Tello fixed my problem, looks like their phone customer service is less busy on the weekend, the number port was still in process so my dashboard was showing the temp number, it's all fixed now!
    VoIPFanRP
    SZY:
    How can Tello support be reached on social media and email?

Is Tello anticipating any rate or plan changes in the near term?

Simply visit our contact page at tello.com/contact and you will find an email contact form as well as our social media profiles. For any pricing updates, please keep an eye on our website.
    VoIPFanRPSoteria1
    doubleOZ:
    Do your plans include or offer roaming?

We do not offer roaming at this time.
    VoIPFanRPSoteria1
    shahsuryakant42:
    I ported my number from RingPlus but you guys ported the wrong number (the wrong number is showing in my dashboard) and no body is replying to my emails or my calls (I just get forwarded to voicemail).

Could you provide an order number so we can have a look?
    Soteria1VoIPFanRP
  • Christina_Tello:
    shahsuryakant42:
    I ported my number from RingPlus but you guys ported the wrong number (the wrong number is showing in my dashboard) and no body is replying to my emails or my calls (I just get forwarded to voicemail).

Could you provide an order number so we can have a look?Look at my EDIT, got my problem fixed.
  • joe1joe1 Pro 15
    edited February 19

Christina_Tello

I have a question about Tello.

I am a little confused about plans vs. pay as you go.

I signed up and selected a plan, but I'm a very low text user, maybe 20 a month. So I would like to put money in my account for pay as you go and use that money for the texts. But I want to make sure my pay as you go money doesn't go towards extra 4G data over my plan limits (since data over the plan limit is unlimited 64k). I would like to select no text in my plan and do pay as you go for text messages.

So is there a way to turn off 4G data when the plan limit is exceeded.

• PromozePromoze All Star 125
    edited February 19
    joe1:
    But I want to make sure my pay as you go money doesn't go towards extra 4G data over my plan limits (since data over the plan limit is unlimited 64k).
    This was discussed at length in the other thread.  If you have a data plan as well as a paygo balance, just set your paygo data to off so that it will switch to 2g after your LTE data allotment is used up.  Screenshot here:
    https://social.ringplus.net/discussion/comment/141224/#Comment_141224

IsamorphMCHayashioldbooks1Soteria1VoIPFanRPJandAScaredwitless
  • joe1joe1 Pro 15
    Thanks for the quick reply, I missed the other thread.
  • edited February 19
    I want to cancel my AT&T U-verse home phone. I own a Sprint-compatible cell phone that checks out on this site. It is usable on Tello. I am interested in porting my VoIP Uverse number to Tello, then porting that number to Google, so that I can use my Android tablet as my home (and only) phone with Google Hangouts. I do not need a cell phone away from home. If I do this, will I still have my Tello cell phone? Or will it be cancelled? If I am using Hangouts via my home WiFi for all of my calls and texts, do I even need a data plan? Can I just go with the lowest number of minutes and texts?
  • mhhmhh MVP 30
    grass-fed-denim-satin-cereal-840463:
    I want to cancel my AT&T U-verse home phone. I own a Sprint-compatible cell phone that checks out on this site. It is usable on Tello. I am interested in porting my VoIP Uverse number to Tello, then porting that number to Google, so that I can use my Android tablet as my home (and only) phone with Google Hangouts. I do not need a cell phone away from home. If I do this, will I still have my Tello cell phone? Or will it be cancelled? If I am using Hangouts via my home WiFi for all of my calls and texts, do I even need a data plan? Can I just go with the lowest number of minutes and texts?
    Sounds like you are just using Tello as a passthrough to get around GV not porting VOIP numbers. Until the Tello rep responds officially, I think you can plan on your Tello service terminating if you port out.

In their build your own monthly plan, no matter what you select, it has to be a minimum of $6 a month.

My other experiences with Tello:

I setup a new account/line with Tello. I did not bother porting my R+ number. The process was quick and easy - no problems - good web portal. The number I was assigned seems to be fairly clean - not a lot of junk calls so far. Tethering (hotspotting) is enabled and works with the Sprint hotspot - no need to root and use a third party app. I contacted their support by message from my account page to disable my voicemail. Bingo! Five minutes later it was done and they followed up with an email.

My impression is that this is a great company to deal with if their prices and services meet ones needs. Everything there has been a polar opposite of R+ except we have to pay (reasonable prices) for it.

Rock on Tello!

oldbooks1Soteria1VoIPFanRPScaredwitless
  • PromozePromoze All Star 125
    Another option to keep costs down (depending on usage) is to go with just pay as you go.  That's what I did.  Minimum top up is normally $5 to start, although I got in on the coupon deals that have expired now.
    oldbooks1Soteria1VoIPFanRPJandAScaredwitless

• @Christina_Tello
    I initiated my port order from RingPlus to Tello on 2/7/2017.  It took nearly a week to complete. The problem happened to be at Tello's end.  The Tello Tech Service had to reset some parameters at Tello's end.  In the meantime, I was not able to take advantage of the $10 RINGPAYG10OFF coupon that Tello was offering Ringplus customers.  I was informed by customer service that it expired on the 12th.  I seems fair that you give the $10 Paygo credit to people like me who initiated the porting process within the valid period for the $10 credit.  It seems unfair that I was denied this due to problems at Tello that delayed completion of my porting.

oldbooks1Conic_EllipseVoIPFanRP
  • hhfpphonehhfpphone Ethical Committee 221
    edited February 19
    Tello Twitter post said the coupon RINGPAYG10OFF was good to Feb 20!

I emailed to complain and I get a "oh, I see you used the 5% off code, not sure why you did not use the $10 coupon".  Hello!!! It did not work on the web site. haha
    VoIPFanRP
  • chatmsd:
    I initiated my port order from RingPlus to Tello on 2/7/2017.  It took nearly a week to complete. The problem happened to be at Tello's end.  The Tello Tech Service had to reset some parameters at Tello's end.  In the meantime, I was not able to take advantage of the $10 RINGPAYG10OFF coupon that Tello was offering Ringplus customers.  I was informed by customer service that it expired on the 12th.  I seems fair that you give the $10 Paygo credit to people like me who initiated the porting process within the valid period for the $10 credit.  It seems unfair that I was denied this due to problems at Tello that delayed completion of my porting.

Sorry to hear about the porting delay and coupon issue. The coupon was designed for a few selected websites only and it was disabled after being widely shared and abused. However, if you can provide a case number or order number, we will review your particular case and see what we can do. Thanks for posting!
    oldbooks1Soteria1VoIPFanRPClassical_MusicScaredwitless
  • 1) So lets say you let R+ move you to Ting. So there are little to no headaches.  Then you move to Tello in a few weeks.   Can you still get the R+ tello discount?

2)  Let's say you get a plan with 200 talk minutes and you go over can you have a Top up amount that gets deducted from in that case? Pay as you go?  Until next month?  Then reset?
    VoIPFanRP
  • Patrick_Tello:
    chatmsd:

Sorry to hear about the porting delay and coupon issue. The coupon was designed for a few selected websites only and it was disabled after being widely shared and abused. However, if you can provide a case number or order number, we will review your particular case and see what we can do. Thanks for posting! My Tello Order:  Order No. 110067   Date: 02/07/2017 3:44:36 PM

Thanks for offering to review my case. 

VoIPFanRP
  • hhfpphone:
    Tello Twitter post said the coupon RINGPAYG10OFF was good to Feb 20!

I emailed to complain and I get a "oh, I see you used the 5% off code, not sure why you did not use the $10 coupon".  Hello!!! It did not work on the web site. haha

Hi there hhfpphone. That particular coupon was designed for a few selected websites only and it was disabled after being widely shared and abused. Nevertheless, if you provide a case number or order number we will review your particular case. Thanks for sharing.
    Soteria1VoIPFanRPScaredwitless
  • My experience with Tello has been wonderful so far. Intelligent and responsive CS staff via email. Turn around time when I emailed for support was about an hour (or maybe less,) which impressed me.

The website is quite intuitive. Never got confused once so far. Really appreciated the promotional $10 top-up as it made me take the plunge and gave me some funds to run speed tests, experiment with texts, delay, ringtime, etc. My household got 3 of those $10 top-up credits, but the service was so good I turned right around and added more top-ups for each line with a c.c. to show good faith.

Haven't taken these on road trips yet to see coverage. But sound quality is good where I am located.

Also appreciating the current promo. I know I'm scrambling to submit extra ports tomorrow a.m. Thanks for everything thus far.
    VoIPFanRPestablished-pearl-checked-racoon-208754Soteria1Scaredwitless
  • hhfpphonehhfpphone Ethical Committee 221
    Patrick_Tello:
    Nevertheless, if you provide a case number or order number we will review your particular case. Thanks for sharing.

Case number 8150562
    Thank you.
    VoIPFanRPSoteria1