Twigby

Comments

• @SZY my data never worked, and my calls when I transferred both didnt show up on ringplus or twigby. However my text messages would show up on twigby and not on ringplus so I knew thats how it transferred
  • I did not move to twigby but when I did move tello recently one of my phones needed to go through the updating twice in order to switch to tello. This may work , it may not . It is worth a shot if your still waiting on twigby cs. 
    oldbooks1
  • sovashadowsovashadow MVP 24
    edited February 17
    When I did the update a second time my phone said that my account could not be validated. I am really hoping twiby can fix this x.x

I mean I have my REALLY important number on google voice thankfully but my family number was my twigby line....
    Conic_Ellipse
  • oldbooks1oldbooks1 Champion 174
         @sovashadow ;

When you call your Twigby number from a different phone what happens?

It is hard to understand why closing your RingPlus account would have any effect on your service at Twigby if indeed the number had ported and you did at least have the ability to text.

It sounds more like your device is not properly provisioned for some reason and maybe going through the provisioning process as suggested above might be worth trying.
    Diedrich_Duo
  • also chat with twigby customer service - they are very good.  If they said you were ported you are probably ported but need some help getting it set up
    Diedrich_Duo
    edited February 17
    @ultimate-lavendar-houndstooth-gladiator-54876 @oldbooks1 ;
    Unfortunately twigby service isnt available till 8am CST. When I call my twigby number I just hear a long silence and then a busy signal, no ringing whatsoever. The "deactivation notice" came to me through twigby at 11pm CST which they are not even open then so thats even more confusing to me. When I cancelled my ringplus end I still had the ability to call and text for twiby for many hours, so I am really confused.
    sovashadow:
    "deactivation notice"

Did the deactivation notice state that you had canceled the service or did it say Twigby has canceled?

That would seem to be critical in terms of how to fix this.
    edited February 17
    The email says we "TWIGBY" have cancelled your service, I FOR SURE DIDNT DO THAT WITH TWIGBY because I WAS SLEEPING AT 11pm CST

They even had an active credit card on file so it couldnt be payment issues....

EDITED
    sovashadow:
    "TWIGBY" have cancelled your service,

I looked at their ToS and like most carriers, Twigby  reserves the right to cancel service at their discretion.

By any chance might there have been an issue with your method of payment?  Have you looked to see if any attempt to charge a card was declined?

Since Twigby has canceled the service there is no way to know what your options are until you are able to speak with a rep and understand what the problem is.

From what you have indicated it does not look like there is much that can be done from the RingPlus side of things.
  • The only thing that makes any sence is I did receive an email stating that I need to add a credit card within 24 hours. (I recieved this email at 2pm yesterday) When I saw that email, within 30 minutes I added the card. I just checked my card company and there were no declined transaction notices I see. To be safe I added 75c credit to the account even though it said it was paid off. Since I am still within that 24 hour email, I PRAY THIS FIXES IT.
    sovashadow:
    The only thing that makes any sence is I did receive an email stating that I need to add a credit card within 24 hours.

Actually, this is probably the issue and I hope you will be able to fix it easily once you are able to contact the company.

Good luck in getting it resolved quickly.
    Conic_EllipseDiedrich_DuoVoIPFanRP
  • Very unlikely that removing phone from Ringplus account caused the problem just a coincidence.  Twigby should be able to fix it. So don't be scared.
    Conic_Ellipse
  • SZYSZY Novice 1
    RingPlus to Twigby is not a real port. It is an internal Sprint transfer.
  • jamielihjamielih Moderator 127
    Can anyone tell me if the user name is your device's data profile screen shows something like 5556667777@mvno368.sprintpcs.com ?
  • 1birdman11birdman1 Moderator 49

jamielih:
    Can anyone tell me if the user name is your device's data profile screen shows something like 5556667777@mvno368.sprintpcs.com ?
    That is exactly what my line shows (with my phone number obviously) but the rest is the same.

VoIPFanRP
  • profile and prl updates and even hands free activation have nothing to do with your account disappearing with a service

I would not be surprised for something like this to happen.  But you don't want to leave a plan active on Ring+ either after you ported out.

I canceled a line for this same reason when it still showed in Ring+, but it didn't cancel my service on the new provider.
    1birdman1:
    jamielih:
    That is exactly what my line shows (with my phone number obviously) but the rest is the same.

Thanks, @1birdman1 ;

So, it appears that my phone whose ESN was not released when I cancelled the R+ line ~9 days ago (https://social.ringplus.net/discussion/comment/148135/#Comment_148135) is now with Twigby. I wasn't trying to port, & since I cancelled 9 days ago, Twigby has maintained that R+ hasn't released the ESN, & continues to maintain that today on Live Chat & via email support. I restarted the phone a few times, did profile update a few times, did PRL update a few times, did #72786# a few times, & now I have phone service, data, & a new number. I can call any number & can use LTE data. When I dial 611, Twigby answers. My user name in data profile settings screen shows mvno368. Tethering doesn't work, even though the cancelled R+ line's plan had tethering. Most importantly, Twigby said that R+ hasn't released the ESN & the line / device / number doesn't show up on R+ or Twigby.

Do I have truly free cell service?
  • jamielih:

Yes it appears so at least until someone catches on. Congrats on finding the best alternative to R+!
    X1011
    Cthulhu:
    jamielih:

Yes it appears so at least until someone catches on. Congrats on finding the best alternative to R+!

I'm motivated to jettison whatever free cell service I might have so that I'm forced to pay for it by trying to port that number to Tello, using the MSL (R+-style) as the PIN. I'll try to update here about progress.
  • oldbooks1:
    sovashadow:
    The only thing that makes any sence is I did receive an email stating that I need to add a credit card within 24 hours.
    Makes sense.  Assuming the porting process was fully completed, RingPlus account showing still active doesn't matter.  OP should work with Twigby to get this resolved.  If they canceled his account for lack of proper credit card on file, there should be a grace period to allow him to rectify this.  Normally companies suspend the account and not actually cancel it.

oldbooks1VoIPFanRP
  • AnytomAnytom Pro 6
    edited February 17
    @jamielih: You could try and cancel that old line again using the trick discussed earlier today in this and following posts (based on a previous advice by @VoIPFanRP) and see if that releases the device/SIM.

Alternatively, are any new plan or billing events listed on your main R+ dashboard that might relate to this new "ghost" line? If so, you can try that cancel trick as well using the account number embedded in the link inside the event text.

I wonder if R+ implemented a broad "free service" policy on all devices/lines that are floating in their system, even when no plan is attached, just to make sure that members don't lose service while waiting for the Ting migration.

Edit: I almost forgot what I originally came here to post  :o

I just had a brief chat with Twigby. As others have reported, very fast and knowledgeable service. The agent confirmed that moves to Twigby still qualify for the free month RINGPLUS offer AFTER having migrated to Ting. And regardless of whether a number is ported or not.

My wife and I are sitting tight, waiting for the migration to happen, making the most of our R+ top-up (which hasn't quite paid for itself yet since we only joined recently). Because my wife is on Google Voice, I'll simply cancel her line after the migration and open a new one at Twigby -- which I assume will be faster and safer than porting. I am a light user and will stay on Ting at least till my $35 credit is used.
    jamielihVoIPFanRP
    edited February 17
    Anytom:
    @jamielih: You could try and cancel that old line again using the trick discussed earlier today in this and following posts (based on a previous advice by @VoIPFanRP) and see if that releases the device/SIM.

Thanks for this. I've tried it already before, but I tried it again about 5 mins ago, it hasn't released ESN yet, as I expected. Just to be sure, I rebooted the device, & my voice & data continue to be working. I expected this outcome, as I believe the service is now with Twigby for 2 reasons: 1) mvno368.sprintpcs.com & 2) 611 connection.

Anytom:
    Alternatively, are any new plan or billing events listed on your main R+ dashboard that might relate to this new "ghost" line? If so, you can try that cancel trick as well using the account number embedded in the link inside the event text.

For reasons I just stated, I believe the line is at Twigby, & not at R+. But to satisfy your & my curiosity, I did this. In the R+ dashboard search box (the magnifying glass), I typed in the old phone number for the cancelled R+ line, & it found the hidden account page for the cancelled line. But, when I typed in the phone number that the device currently has in the device's settings screen, nothing is found. This further supports my belief that the line is active NOT at R+, but at Twigby.
    AnytomVoIPFanRP
  • 1birdman11birdman1 Moderator 49

Anyone join in the last few days?
    I joined Feb 7th/8th and my account number is 31XX

Who has the lowest account number and when did you join?

Reason... just curious on the # of R+ members (and others) that have joined over the past few weeks.

It was posted that they have over 30K users, but I just don't think that's right... I read that the parent company of Twigby had that amount... either way, just for fun/curiosity.

VoIPFanRP
  • @jamielih: Of course you'd already tried that, what was I thinking  :p

As you say, it definitely sounds like that line is with Twigby, and not RingPlus. It was worth a shot. Thank you for the update!
    VoIPFanRP
  • @Promoze I didn't read the thread but I was aware that it gets bumped up to the top. For my situation I wanted unlimited talk and text and no data so I turned data protection on and voice overage protection off and went on the cheapest voice plan so that if I don't end up using over 1000 etc.. i'll save money.